Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Question about tactics

Every team I make the best tactics are: Attacking, direct, center, and pressing.Nothing seems to beat it, and with every team I've made it is the best by far.
It kind of annoys me that this one tactic seems to always be the best with no matter what type of formation I play and for example I could be winning 3-0 in the 70th min and then change my tactics to: defensive, behind the ball, long and get 1 goal or 2 goals scored on me.

Is this the same for everyone else? Whenever I start with a new team I always try a new type of tactic, but attacking, direct, center, and pressing is always the best.

Any thoughts why this seems to always work out to be the best?

Edit: Most people select a primary outlet + attacker right?

Edited by Sly1183

It's not like that for me.. what formation do you play?

I'm currently playing a 4-4-2 with one of the CMs in the DM position and the instructions are : balance mixed, mixed and pressing and it works for me

I don't always set a primary outlet or attacker depends on the tactic i play

These tactics literally seem to always be the best... Btw on my Real Madrid career I just noticed I have bale + promes as inside forward. Since bale is left footed technically he should be playing on the right side and vice versa for promes, does that matter in this game?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I don't know if it matters in the game 

Coming to your tactics it obvious that direct and centre would work because most of your players are in the middle. 

When changing to defending I wouldn't recommend going for long balls I'd prefer short because your aim is to waist time without conceding and when you go long you are literally giving the ball to you opponent 

For the 4-1-2-1-2- try short and mixed and for the 4-2-3-1 try direct and mixed... you can just play 3 or 4 games without saving and tell me the results 

25 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I don't know if it matters in the game 

Coming to your tactics it obvious that direct and centre would work because most of your players are in the middle. 

When changing to defending I wouldn't recommend going for long balls I'd prefer short because your aim is to waist time without conceding and when you go long you are literally giving the ball to you opponent 

For the 4-1-2-1-2- try short and mixed and for the 4-2-3-1 try direct and mixed... you can just play 3 or 4 games without saving and tell me the results 

why mixed passing for the 4-1-2-1-2 when everything should be going down the center? And the 4-2-3-1 is currently set to direct and mixed :P

Direct always seems to be the best. I score so many goals, the possession might not be there BUT the other team gets such little shots.

28 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

is this on the old or new match engine

I think new?

16 minutes ago, Sly1183 said:

why mixed passing for the 4-1-2-1-2 when everything should be going down the center? And the 4-2-3-1 is currently set to direct and mixed :P

Direct always seems to be the best. I score so many goals, the possession might not be there BUT the other team gets such little shots.

I think new?

Mixed to get you fullbacks more involved 

35 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Mixed to get you fullbacks more involved 

I haven't really played much with bad/lower teams, but for the top ones and even teams such as Lyon/Everton these tactics seem to be the best.

Maybe for lower teams it is much better to go defensive styles, but if you are with a top team I feel like going defensive is useless...