Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Leverkusen - Can we upset the big two?!

Hi Guys,

Inspired by the many other great success stories on Vibe I decided to give my own a go.

I wanted to select a team that had a challenge ahead of it (so not one of the elite) and also a team that has some promising youngsters so I could look to build a team for the future (and hope it didn't compromise the present).

So the team I chose was Leverkusen!  We have some fantastic young talents that you will all be very familiar with.  We have talents such as Ballarabi, Brandt, Kramer, Jedvaj, Tah, Calhanoglu and Leno amongst others.

Our attack was not too bad with Hernandez and Mehmedi but we were lacking a real attacking young talent in which I could grow to build my team around.

The man I chose was the very familiar and popular Embolo.  

Below are the screenshots of the first season and how it went.

This is where I need your help!  How can I take Leverkusen to the next level? Who can I add and is there a better formation I should try?

My immediate challenge is keeping my main stars as since January I have been bombarded with offers and a few of the stars want to leave for bigger clubs ?.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

To quickly summarise how the first season went:-

league - dominated by Bayern but finished 2nd, 15 pts ahead of Dortmund.

German Cup - reached the final where we were disappointingly beaten by Stuttgart.

Champions League - Absolutely stunning run which seen us take on Bayern in the final and beat them in Extra time thanks to them being down to ten men from 20 mins into the game!

Edited by Massey127

Hey mate great start there and agree that catching Bayern in first season is tough, great win in champs league tho and with a couple of signings I think you'll be pushing Bayern all the way 2nd season.

Thanks for the support guys.  

Any recommended players to sin to fit my formation or suggestions on how I may be able to improve my formation/tactics?

Mate I see that there's not even a single German in your transfers in (correct me if I'm wrong). The best part about playing in the Bundesliga is to discover its hidden gems. Of course,just my two cents and it doesn't matter as long as it suits your managing style :)

Yes halamadrid you are very right.  Not done on purpose I can assure you, I literally was just concentrating on anyone that could help us improve that we could afford.  I still have 14m left so perhaps in January I can spend some time seeking out these hidden gems although I have to say I have not come across any yet ?

41 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Yes halamadrid you are very right.  Not done on purpose I can assure you, I literally was just concentrating on anyone that could help us improve that we could afford.  I still have 14m left so perhaps in January I can spend some time seeking out these hidden gems although I have to say I have not come across any yet ?

RBL have two or three players who you can develop nicely, Davie Selke being the best.