Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Dreaming of Crossing the Irish Sea.

So inspired by many other great stories and challenges on vibe I have decided to start my very first serious career and challenge.

I live in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and my local club is Crusaders.  My career and dream is to do as well as I can with Crusaders and hope to get a job in the lower leagues in England thus crossing the Irish Sea.

once across the Irish Sea my goal will be to work my up the leagues (using various clubs if I can) until I am in the Premiership and challenging for the most prestigious accolades and trophies in the sport.

since I am beginning with my local club I also wish to help my fellow Northern Irish along the way and will be looking to recruit at least one fellow compatriot in each team along the way.

to begin with at Crusaders my main man will be Jordan Owens.  Jordan has one cap for his country when I begin the game and I will be looking to help him win more.

wish me the very best of luck as I am going to need it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@Massey127 This sounds great, I'm from NI myself and I would like to see you get Crusaders somewhere, I'm 3 seasons in and I've managed to get the Wage Budget upto to 30k but it is really hard to keep players! And you can't really buy from England as the Lowest League players don't cut it but the ones around the right quality are very expensive for a NI club, so you won't be able to source really from England, Good Luck!

3 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

@Massey127 This sounds great, I'm from NI myself and I would like to see you get Crusaders somewhere, I'm 3 seasons in and I've managed to get the Wage Budget upto to 30k but it is really hard to keep players! And you can't really buy from England as the Lowest League players don't cut it but the ones around the right quality are very expensive for a NI club, so you won't be able to source really from England, Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice mate.  I have discovered that myself and I have to admit sourcing players from anywhere is extremely difficult.  My best players are already furious that I rejected bids for them!

This is going to be extremely tough but just like our national team - I won't go down without a fight!

I will post a further update tonight but for now you can see the transfers (only three new faces and no departures).

Matthew Warburton was the best striker i could get to add to our team to compliment Owens.  I also came across Alan Massey (fantastic surname ?) who seems like a decent CB.  This is the team we will now take into battle!  ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

SEASON ONE 

Well after a very exciting first season we have won the treble (thanks to a mean defence)!  Beating Linfield to the league title, Colraine in the league Cup final 2-0 and Glentoran 3-2 in extra time in the Irish Cup final.

The season wasn't as pleasant as all that seems as my main man Jordan Owens was wanting away as early as November and his form dipped so much due to low morale after I rejected his moves that I had to drop him.  The same happened with my 2nd best player Heatley and I had to drop both from September u til they surprisingly signed new contracts with me in Jan. Since they both signed the new contracts their morale was boosted and they were back in the side!  Just in time too as we were languishing in 4th place and really struggling for goals.

Below is how we got on and my team by the goals they scored.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Objective for next season is either to try to get a job in England at any level to start the rise into the Premiership or failing that then to try to build on last season with more silverware in Northern Ireland!

I hope so mate.  My reputation is now Regional.  Stephen Baxter (former Crusaders Manager) is Local and he got the Hartlepool job to start in League 2.  I would be happy to start on league 2 if possible.  I will update as soon as I have anything to update......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice one on getting your move mate, play offs not to far off either is that your target?

Edited by Mikee1984
Text

Yes, my target is definitely promotion.  The team is awful though with only one striker.  They don't have many players at all, are 2k over wage budget and half the team are defenders!

i have to have a really good think about my tactic for this team and chose carefully.  Their striker is decent but rest of team is shocking.  Fingers crossed but this is going to be a roller coaster!

This new tactic seems to be working a treat as we now have another exciting twist!!

with two games to go we are joint 2nd and have now reached the play-offs although we sit just one point off top spot!!

Can we overthrow Dorchester and Sutton???

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Roffatje said:

This is very good career mate! I'm gonna follow this. KIU!

Thanks for the support mate. Season 2 conclusion will follow shortly!

SEASON TWO

Having accepted the job with Whitehawk we certainly had our work cut out.  We were 6th in the league (Board expectations were play-off places - 5th at worst).  We also inherited an extremely unbalanced squad with only 19 players and ten of those being defenders!!!  We were also 2k over the wage budget and I had to let two players leave for free to bring that down.

As you seen with only two games remaining we were within touching distance of actually finishing first, so did we do it???

YES, We absolutely did.  It was extremely close having drawn our penultimate game and winning our last game 1-0!  We won 7 of the 12 games since I took over.

a huge rebuilding job is now needed as I spent approx 1 hour simply trying to think through my tactics.  We had to utilise 5 different tactics over the 12 games and having a squad so unbalanced and defender heavy really restricted our options.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

After the first ten games of the new season in the Vanarama National we have experienced quite an indifferent start.

Having used the first few games to tweak the tactics we were left with only two points from the first three games.  We then seemed to get the balance right and went on quite a bit of a run leaving us 7th in the table after ten games.

Regarding transfers we could only afford to bring in two new wingers on loan.  Very much still relying on just one striker and adapting as we go.......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

10 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Another good start. Unfortunately you posted the wrong league table

Thanks mate.  The table is correct it's the first ten games of the new season.

15 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Thanks mate.  The table is correct it's the first ten games of the new season.

Mate that's last year's table that you've already posted. I was hoping to see your current table

Edited by Real_Random
3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Mate that's last year's table that you've already posted. I was hoping to see your current table

This is the current table. I have only started my third season.  First season was with Crusaders, second I played first half with Crusaders then moved to Whitehawk and we finished by gaining promotion to the Vanarama National.  We then started this season and that table is the first ten games.  

I will be posting another update tonight.

thanks again for your support.

9 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

This is the current table. I have only started my third season.  First season was with Crusaders, second I played first half with Crusaders then moved to Whitehawk and we finished by gaining promotion to the Vanarama National.  We then started this season and that table is the first ten games.  

I will be posting another update tonight.

thanks again for your support.

Cool can't wait.

Update so far....

well ill what a season this has been so far.  We have been slowly climbing up the table and had a raft of challenges to overcome.  As you know our main challenge has been up front - we only had one out and out striker and absolutely no funds to bring in another!  After balancing the wages (finally) I have spent this whole season with only £650 as a transfer budget (no that's not a typo)!  

Our only striker suffered a 4 week injury meaning I had no choice but to promote a greyed out player from the reserves.  This player was Chris Coulson (see screen shot below).  Not much to look at stats wise but he has absolutely transformed the way we play now (especially now our striker is back from injury) as we can now play 2 up front for the very first time when required!

Chris Coulson is definitely not wanting to play second fiddle though and has been outstanding!

This should make for a very exciting finish to the season!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Massey127 said:

Update so far....

well ill what a season this has been so far.  We have been slowly climbing up the table and had a raft of challenges to overcome.  As you know our main challenge has been up front - we only had one out and out striker and absolutely no funds to bring in another!  After balancing the wages (finally) I have spent this whole season with only £650 as a transfer budget (no that's not a typo)!  

Our only striker suffered a 4 week injury meaning I had no choice but to promote a greyed out player from the reserves.  This player was Chris Coulson (see screen shot below).  Not much to look at stats wise but he has absolutely transformed the way we play now (especially now our striker is back from injury) as we can now play 2 up front for the very first time when required!

Chris Coulson is definitely not wanting to play second fiddle though and has been outstanding!

This should make for a very exciting finish to the season!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Absolutely amazing mate.

Tà tù iontach maith ;)

SEASON THREE

Well what can I say?! 

This season and save has without a doubt been the most interesting, exciting and educational for me since I started playing FMM.  I had nothing to spend, an extremely unbalanced side and only one striker.  We were one of the smallest teams in the league and all we could do was play to our defensive strengths and change our tactics dependent on the opposition!

Every single game felt like we were simply hanging on and fighting for anything we could get.

in Jan I then promoted a grey striker from reserves called Chris Coulson and he proved to be the difference.  Not rated great but consistent and scored very important goals.  More valuable than this was the fact we could now add a whole new dimension to our tactical play and in game options!  An unbelievable season and one I will never forget as long as I play this game!  

I cannot wait for next season in LEAGUE TWO!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you very much to all of you who have been so kind as to comment and show your support.

This has been a terrific career and one I have thoroughly enjoyed but had it not have been for all of you showing your support I probably would have ended this a long time ago!

It's now the weekend and its forecast to rain!  Season 4 lets get cracking........