Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Dreaming of Crossing the Irish Sea.

Player Training Progress 

At the start of Aug I posted how my main players were rated after two months of intensive Fitness training.  

Now they have spent a further 3 months on their respective Intensive training schedules here is how they are rated now:-

Quite a difference I am sure you will agree, particularly the attacking players!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

We are now half way into the first season in the Premiership and we are holding our own!  Thanks to our quartet of stars (Young, Quintilla, Gomez & Schubert).

Progress screenshots below (Just look at how consistent our players are on the Avg Rating screen!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

We are now in January and Lucas Alves (that Brazilian defender I was keeping an eye on) was released by his club!  So we obliged and got him n a free transfer!  Bargain!

We have also had quite a few job offers this season but none can tempt me from the Whitehawk Gladiators!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I FEEL LIKE CRYING!!!!!!!

We are in Feb and Quintilla has played 28 games so far scoring 21 goals, assisting 12 and has an average rating of 8.25!!!! 

So why do I feel like crying?!  I should be ecstatic right?!

Wrong!  Quintilla's contract expires in this summer and I cannot for the life of me get him to pen a new contract not even with the Big Club Release Clause!  

Due to his performance in the Premiership, the vultures have now begun to circle and have offered him contracts themselves!

Are we about to not only lose the greatest player to ever play in our gladiatorial arena but to lose him for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My emotions so far in this premiership have gone like this:-

???????????

Is it too much to beg for a ✍

image.png

image.png

image.png

Horvat completes his repositional training.

Quintilla as you can see from the same screenshot still will not sign that contract ?

image.png

image.png

SEASON SEVEN

If you are standing I strongly suggest you sit down!

Whitehawk have just become the smallest club to ever win the Premiership!  Yes you read that correct, it is not a typo!

Could the season have been any closer?  NO! 

If Man Utd were not in the semi final of the Champions League would Whitehawk still have won the league??  WHO CARES!  We Won!!!!

an outstanding season from our top four stars.........Step forward and take a bow Quintilla, Schubert, Gomez and Young!  

Liverpool also tried to steal Young with a cheeky bid of £14m!

I made it to the start of the next season without Quintilla leaving and with just 1 week left on his contract I used my new wage budget to offer him a staggering £65k a week and he accepted! 

It's a roller coaster but I wouldn't change a second of it and we thoroughly deserve this title!

As suggested in previous posts I have ncluded as many end of season screenshots as possible.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The board expect European qualification now and only give us a transfer budget of 7.5m.

Unfortunately by the time I secured new contracts for all players expiring at the end of this new season I have had to put all £7.5m into the wage budget and even then we are still 1k over budget!

Might be time to consider selling some of the young players loaned out last year!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127

Picking up where we left off.

First title and the same stars! No new signings are likely without selling so let's go with the same gladiators as last year!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Big congratulations for you mate what you've done with little whitehawk is simply outstanding, so that's what six titles back to back that's amazing.

Told you be bigger odds than Leicester City !!! Congrats ... 

Meow just insane as aren't there even minimum stadium requirements for most top European Leagues?? Funny when I was reviewing just now thinking reply for previous season was gonna be win PL way you have stomped on everyone is still  crazy.. Not even a single #2-4# finish just straight out killin it winning everything and now Whitehawk shall be released upon the poor European Giants they have no chance vs you !!!!! 

Keep it going Sir 

Fantastic job mate. To lead Whitehawk from Vanarama to Premier league champions is crazy. I have really enjoyed following this great career. KIU

GULP!

I thought the European elite would go easy on us and give us a favourable draw for our maiden trip into the European battle arena!

I guess there is no mercy when it comes to Europes big guns!

Wish us luck..........

We have not made one signing this season as all we could afford was to convert ALL of our transfer budget into wages to keep the players we had!

My strategy has always been exit cups ASAP and give the league everything but now with the same squad I somehow have to at least give the best players some Chamions League time.

If we finish in top ten this season I would be happy tbh!

image.png

39 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Fantastic job mate. To lead Whitehawk from Vanarama to Premier league champions is crazy. I have really enjoyed following this great career. KIU

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Told you be bigger odds than Leicester City !!! Congrats ... 

Meow just insane as aren't there even minimum stadium requirements for most top European Leagues?? Funny when I was reviewing just now thinking reply for previous season was gonna be win PL way you have stomped on everyone is still  crazy.. Not even a single #2-4# finish just straight out killin it winning everything and now Whitehawk shall be released upon the poor European Giants they have no chance vs you !!!!! 

Keep it going Sir 

Many thanks for all your support guys.  Those of you supporting our journey and commenting along the way make me happy to continue playing through the tough (no transfer fund) periods and persevere.

THANK YOU ALL ?

TRANSFER WINDOW UPDATE

So the window has now closed and as you can see below we have no new signings as we simply had to retain what we had through new contracts.  Most of our title winning side were paid under £1k p/w last year so I can't complain!

We let two players go for little money just to try and alleviate that wage budget some more.

I have included some of my rivals spending for you all, like me, to look enviously and fantasise about such spending power!

It's going to be a long season!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I got a question about how you are playing as it seems you are flying thru seasons but say you do scouting of players etc that take time.

Are you using any old shortlists ? players from a previous save with good lower league players ? or did you find them all on your own?

Which match engine, database large? November or Feb roster?

Do you play every game and make adjustments to tactics thru game besides just subbing tired players? Attacking, defense, balance, pass style, tackling, extras, ?? How fast do u have engine set for? hard to find one not slow but also nt too fast miss commentary and player movement? download matches and watch after?? Seen lots different styles of play some faster n not as in depth as others, some like to take holidays fast

Do you use the playmaker and attack focus slots? I'm undetermined if they work right as don't seem to play thru creator and attacker doesn't seem to get many shots some games but other games seems to work but also hinder the game as i'll watch the game and instead of say pressing an advantage on goal or counter attack the teammates will hold ball up waiting for the assigned attacker to pass to so he can shot but by then the advantage is lost and bunch of times pass is intercepted or guy gets ball but in a non attacking area.

Scouting do you let Head/scout do searches for you youth/areas or just ignore them altogether and only manual scout going thru players on your own to pick to look at?

Staff what is your staff like ? # of coaches/asst managers and what are there apt/specialty could just screenshot staff page don't need to type it out. Same staff you started with? hire/fire any as you advanced? did you have them take coaching exams to get up to gold badges?

Sorry lots of questions just seems you are on Godmode and completing seasons within good timeframe .... An surprised no one asked about these areas yet.

Edited by DIRECTFX

Ouch I know that feeling watching the other teams load up. Not just BPL I get it in L1/Champ no idea how the teams are spending so much more like when you see Free Agents you try to sign but say you cant afford them or you are too small club then next news day see them sign for a bunch of other L1 clubs with similar budget/reputation...

How is your youth/reserves besides Young? Has any ghosts/whited out reserves come up and been decent? Or are you only signing real players from other clubs ignoring the reserves? Can we get a screen of your reserves with coach reports active ?? Like to see if get any quality players as club reputation increases and league reputation is higher being in BPL which BTW should help you sign FA as you had trouble saying previously team rep too low to attract players?

@DIRECTFX

Hi mate, thanks again for your interest and I would be more than happy to try to answer some of your questions.

I have included screenshots below which should answer most but in summary, yes I spend a lot of time looking through the database and searching for those gems myself.  I do not rely on other saves or my scouts I simply search through the entire database continent by continent and then country by country to find those players.  If there is a player I am unsure about only then would I scout him and that is the only use of scouts for me.  I am the scout ?.  My shortlist is 19 pages long of players I have an interest in. 

Regarding my coaches, yes I have made every effort to work on this area as we progress.  I started with only one bronze scout and he is still with me today.  I have had him take several exams and he has only passed one but I am loyal!  I have since recruited a further 2 and again this was several seasons ago and they have taken exams to obtain their current badges status. I asked the board to improve training facilities at the start of this current season as we are now Champs and they obliged which is how they are currently "Good".

I use the enhanced match engine with the largest database and the most recent roster.  I play every single game and always change my tactics during the game to suit the situation.  I play on the fastest match setting but will pause the game midway first half to analyse the match stats and amend tactics if necessary, I do this also at half time and midway second half.  Only if it is clear we are outplaying the opposition do I not do this.  I have never went on holiday in the game and I never will as to me that's a form of cheating (just my opinion). 

I have included my main tactic below.  The reason I like this tactic is it is very easily adaptable for me in-game during matches.  As long as I have at least 3 versatile subs I can adapt it to any situation.  This was why I retrained Horvat to play on either flank.

I check my reserves regularly and have offered contracts to about 7 in total so far. They tend to do a job but only Young and my most recent one (Arnold) have shown any real promise. Screenshots of Beesley and Baker below to let you see them, they are my only other current grads in the squad.  Due to struggling with wage budget I have never had a single "white" player in the reserves at any time.

Happy to answer any additional questions but hope this helps?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127

Current reserve squad and first team valuations below.

There are only 2 players in the first team screenshot that you cannot see on that screenshot Beesley and Beverland (retiring at end of season). That's how tight my team have always been.  This is good for two reasons 1) keeps wage bill down and 2) keeps players happy as they all play a role and this is essential to squad morale and harmony.  

This small squad is why I am so focussed on managing the players fitness.  I have approx only 6-7 injuries per season and me have been that severe.  I find the start and end of the seasons harder to pick up points and this is mainly due to fitness levels.  At the start of the season and end of season where games allow extended rest periods (if out of cups) I find the fitness of opposition matches mine and then we do struggle to pick up points.  From Oct to March when the games come thick and fast as long as I manage the fitness right then I start every game with approx 10% more condition on my players than the opposition.  This has been the case in every season.  So as long as I plan ahead and ensure to sub my 3 players that struggle most with fitness then I do quite well.

image.png

image.png

As you can see below I have only spent £15m over 7 seasons and to be honest over £8m of that was at the start of last season (1st season in Premiership).

Thats how little money. Have had to work with!

image.png

Hey mate I have a question regarding the changes of tactics you said you make dependant of the situation. Do you start with a base tactic for each game then make changes during the game when required, or do you completely change formations team instructions for different games. I'm just asking as when I make wholesale changes to tactics to often my team seems to just switch off completely and always lose, as I feel teams need time to adjust to tactics so to many changes just doesn't work for me.

Thanks for all the info just wondering if you used certain aspects of the game and or if you holiday at all as your pace for seasons is pretty quick. I think fastest setting is so hard to see if game flow suited my team or we were just off as mainly can't always just go by stats.. 

Have you ever saved games then watched em play out slower to see how your tactics were working? Kinda amazing if same tactics worked from Vanarama to BPL and waiting on Europe . 

So now that facilities are good might wanna see if any whites could be homegrown star rise in your ranks as I'm hoping good facilities will give you decent whit players who grow good now upgraded..

good luck in Europe !

On 18 July 2016 at 12:22, Mikee1984 said:

Hey mate I have a question regarding the changes of tactics you said you make dependant of the situation. Do you start with a base tactic for each game then make changes during the game when required, or do you completely change formations team instructions for different games. I'm just asking as when I make wholesale changes to tactics to often my team seems to just switch off completely and always lose, as I feel teams need time to adjust to tactics so to many changes just doesn't work for me.

Hi mate, yes I have learned the best approach for me in the past 3 seasons is not to be too afraid f the big teams anymore.  Previously I approached each game against superior opposition by changing to a more defensive tactic and style of play which NEVER went well for me.  So over the past several seasons I start every game with the tactic displayed in previous posts and simply just amend the style of play to defensive if we are huge underdogs or attacking if we are strong favourites (Can't remember the last time this was the case).  If the odds are slim and for most of my games I just keep it on balanced.  

Regarding the in-game changes I will simply amend the tactic if things aren't going well for us to combat the oppositions tactic.  That's why the tactic I sue with the players I have it gives me the flexibility to react to almost any opposition tactic (doesn't mean we still don't get hammered every once in a while but it limits the damage). 

The next update should be easy for tomorrow but for now I can share a few very attractive offers we have had and the current valuation of the team.  Never thought I would see my players valued like this!

selling one of them would really set us up nicely.

image.png

image.png

image.png

SEASON EIGHT

A crazy busy week with work has meant we have literally completed this season aboard Trains, Planes, Boats and Automobiles and our games this season have therefore literally been played all over the UK in Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales!

Recap

We started this season as League Champs and having qualified for the Champions League.  We had to convert our £8m transfer kitty into wages just to keep the players we had so there were no new arrivals meaning we had to tackle this season with the same team as last season and essentially much the same team as we also had in the Championship.  There are blindingly obvious weaknesses in this team but with no funds to strengthen we went to war with what we had.

I have to admit for lots of reasons I have probably enjoyed this season the most so far, that doesn't mean it went well it means it challenged me to the max especially the squad depth and lack of spending power versus our competitors.  Man City in particular where spending money as if it were nothing and ended the season having spent over £134m! I spent exactly £0.  

Results

League - 3rd behind mega rich Manchester sides 

Capital One Cup - Champions

Community Shield - Champions 

FA Cup - Semi Final beaten by Man Utd

Champions League - We topped our group! Then cruelly put out by Juve in the first knockout round.  Look at the screenshots and decide yourself who should have gone through.  The first leg was 1-1.

So the difference for me this season was I wanted to give every competition a crack and try our best in every one.  Our squad depth is shallow, our players quality inferior and our spending power...... Well is non-existent.  

Man Utd were simply too strong this season and beat me heavily on every occasion.  Man City now have approx 30 players that I would kill for as they too proved beyond reach!  I fought hard in the Champs league and all domestic cups and don't believe we were outclassed at all so I genuinely believe we did the very best job we could with what we had and hope I have not let any of you down.

The main issue is a lack of funds prevented us from adding further quality to the squad but the great news is I have literally just received interest in Young from both Manchester sides which started at £19m.  I increased it by £0.5m each time they came back and incredibly Man City have now offered £47m for him! He also fell out of favour with me this season as the emergence of Muller forced me to play Schubert on the flank and Young on the bench.

All things considered I believe this season has been our most successful overall and we now have the opportunity to add to this squad in the problem areas (GK, DC and DMC) should we accept the latest offer from Man City.  Young is our home grown star and the only one to come through that shows any real promise for those of you that may not remember.

What should we do guys? 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127

Congratulations on another great season mate and more silverware to add to your growing collection , well done. And also thanks for the advice regarding tactical situations was a great help.

So we have just received a record transfer fee for our club in selling Frankie Young (Academy prospect) for £47m!  This will now set us up fairly nicely to improve our squad in our troubled areas.  

Board have also upgraded our training facilities and our Stadium ?

Nice healthy budget for next season after that sale so let the fun commence ?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127

Wow funny your tough season you still pulled in nice silverware . Didn't let anyone down kinda expected sometime you wouldn't win everything with less funds and talent gives you more of challenge not just breeze thru . It's just a bump in the road and keeps you having to adapt. 

Now with superb training might wanna sign some of those whites so you can get reserve team going for cheap to help depth wise and then with good training maybe get bunch players could sell for profits to build up transfer budget. 

Did board upgrade training and stadium on first ask? Was it same season or was it over a couple?? 

Just another challenge trying win cups, league and Europe as you need depth but Youngs sale should help a ton to buy depth .