Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Things I hate in my two years of playing FM mobile

Dar J

As you can tell form the title I've been playing FM for two years now and since FM 2017 is around the corner I'd like to share the things I hate so far about the game..

1. I hate the fact that when I take a club there is no how for me to compare my players to the others in the league without going individually to the teams and checking their players because you may think your squad is good enough after some signings but when the league kicks off you find out that you still have a long way to go

2. The useless assistant managers and their wrong indications. In my opinion they should be like the full game where you can see their stats, sack them when I was't and choose who to sign based on the team I'm managing.

3. Useless staff. I know it was added in this year's game but it should be fixed or removed 

4. Players role that don't function how they should. ex

WINGERS: I'm not complaining about the amount of blocked crosses they have in a game because I think it's realistic but what I'm complaining for is the fact that they are too passive ... they always stay wide and you hardly find them running towards the box to offer support not to talk of taking shots and this isn't realistic 

INSIDE FORWARDS: the major problem we've had with them in previous years is that they don't cut inside and this has been "over" fixed I'm this years game. The reason I say this is because they play too narrow... when your team are in possession even when the ball is still with your defenders you find them already in the middle of the box which doesn't have sense because it makes it difficult for you to retain the ball when you defender plays il long to the wing. They should hold their position out wide until a player is coming towards them on the wing, then they can start running inside or wait for the pass and start running in immediately.

DMs : they always get poor rating no matter what role you play them in unless they score or pick up an assist.

WING BACKS and FULL BACKS: now you may ask "what's the problem with the WBs and FBs ?" ... Well the problem I have with them is that for example when you set the team mentality to defend there is no longer difference between both the wing backs form a back line 4 with the 2 CBs just as the full backs and they never go forward as their role suggest. If I play WBs and set the mentality to defend I want them to still go forward but they should be more responsible while the FBs should never go front. When you set the mentality to attack both WBs and FBs go forward forgetting their defending duty

5. Tactic: the tactical part of the game is too limited sometimes it seems the computer is in charge of your team. You can't give your players specific instructions that would make a little difference between two same formation and player role... got example in my recent tactic I play a lone striker as a poacher and he likes to go wide and I don't like him doing that because I have other players covering those positions but I can't do anything about it... when I find out my normal CM is too passive and I want to make him go a bit forward , I can't do anything about it.

After January all tactic seem to stop working without any reason and we claim the computer has figured out how to play us but the truth is your team should get more used to that tactic so it doesn't make sense... If we had player instructions and enough team instruction it would be like this.

I think it's all for now about the things I hate, if I forgot something I'll be adding it in the comments 

If they should continue like this for the next 2 or three years I'd stop buying the new game and stick with the older ones because I don't see the point 

I use the enhanced engine and a lot of things needs to be fixed..

I'm tired of the ball running to the by-line and instead of my player controlling it when he's not on pressure he just plays it out 

Dec when we are at the topic. When playing with a two man defence ( highly unlikely in real life ) then sometimes the goalie runs out left or right almost to the corner or to take a freekick and then the opponent scores in the empty goal :D?? This is in balanced mode on EME :)

Not saying it is balanced at all, it is more realistic than the OME though. I was just interested as SI said they fixed most of these issues in an upstate so if that isn't the case then that is really interesting.

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

Instead of introducing new things that are useless they should fix there minor issues (don't know if they are minor for the producers??)

It should be both as fixing minor issues doesn't sell games.