Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Star player won't renew contract

Anyone has this problem ? I'm Annan Athletic so small club in Scotland. I've just won league again and am in champions league final.

however my best player when I go to offer new contract says he has no interest in negotiating terms.

Any advice or anyone solved this ?

8 hours ago, bcfclee27 said:

Anyone has this problem ? I'm Annan Athletic so small club in Scotland. I've just won league again and am in champions league final.

however my best player when I go to offer new contract says he has no interest in negotiating terms.

Any advice or anyone solved this ?

I would wait till the next season (on 20th June normally) which is before the contract expires and would try then. When you move on to the next season move some of your transfer budget into the wage budget to increase the max wage and then try to get him to sign

Waiting till the next season can be dangerous as you risk losing them on a pre contract come January. I normally try get a bit of money back rather then risk it.

I had the same problem with Hachim Mastoid, he design not to renew for no reason and in fortunately for me when offering other players contact he was out on loan so I forgot about him and now he would be going to shakhtar ad the end of his contract 

11 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Waiting till the next season can be dangerous as you risk losing them on a pre contract come January. I normally try get a bit of money back rather then risk it.

It can be dangerous but only if the player is wanted