• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Don't get too excited for FMM2017

Dec

1 hour ago, Lav50 said:

From my understanding there are 2 options here

1.Developers don't give a f.. about us and just reskin the game to earn money

2.They have limited team and finances and FMM is just a game that gets year to year improvements rather then massive overhauls

I hope it is not first option

It's certainly not 1).

2) is more accurate. The team size is small for a game so big and so complex and so putting in everything that everyone wants is difficult/impossible. 

2 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

FMM is the fastest way to play FM. Every feature we look to add has to make sure it in some way adheres to this core principle of the game. I don't think for example media has a big part to play in FMM as it would interrupt the core game loop dramatically 

This makes me so happy to read, I genuinely couldn't care less about the media as it would only bog the game down. Even if it was "in depth" it would soon become boring, repetitive and a time sink. I was scared this was the direction you'd take tbh, I was dreading a big "media update"'so this fills me with hope that the actual gameplay is what you're interested in :D. 

Media doesn't bother me but as @Lav50 mentions player interaction is pathetic in its current state and needs rewording with some more options at the very least. would like more match specific pre and post match news reports (ie. Extra build up for derbies) too.

Some ordinary stuff that would actually make us feel like manager, it is still shallow..I am not asking for full press conferences or so but some slight improvements in player and news department could be a huge deal

Regardless of what they are though wouldn't they get repetitive and annoying? Sure in a one off career/season it could be cool but for a 30 year save? Or if you play the game all year around? 

We argued for ages to get the pointless media easier to avoid in the game then we start requesting more added. I understand more in depth media would be good and would add something to the game but it would soon turn repetitive and annoying like the old media was imo. I can't see how they could keep it fresh and interesting during a long save or across multiple. 

No media involved, just some interactions mainly with players that would make us feel like we are actually doing something, I understand FMM is meant to be fast paced and practical but I can't see how this would hurt the game, it can only benefit from it

I think player interactions could have the same effect as I mentioned for media though yet it's something I've grown to ignore for ten odd years so I'll admit it's hard for me to see any real appeal within the idea.

It's something I'm really not sure how to feel about, in some ways I think it could add something to the game and add "character development" if you will yet on the other hand I'm not sure how it would stay interesting and non repetitive etc. The balanced would have to be perfect for me or being able to hire a director of football or something for those who want to ignore such things. 

On 8/17/2016 at 18:27, Alari said:

I'm sure the marketing guys have something interesting up their sleeve - and it's not something those of us directly making the game get involved with.

This made me crack up xD 

14 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

This made me crack up xD 

It is true though that people who make the game aren't experts at marketing so don't get involved when they pay a team to do so.

9 minutes ago, Dec said:

It is true though that people who make the game aren't experts at marketing so don't get involved when they pay a team to do so.

Sorry I just meant the 'interesting' part :laugh:

1 hour ago, Marc Duffy said:

Help me out, what's wrong with the use of that word?

Ummm maybe because it was used in the wrong context? Let me elaborate: Sl games marketing team and interesting just don't fit. It's a juxtaposition. 

(Sorry for being a dick it's just I am sick and tired of the bs you guys spit out every year ffs)

Edited by AeroLAD

What's the BS you feel is spat out? I'm genuinely curious to know what the issue is.

Edited by Marc Duffy

I don't get why everyone is bashing SI every year. I genuinely enjoyed and still enjoy FMM...yes changing a few things would make it a lot better but Rome wasn't build in a day either.

Edited by TheHirinator

That is true, it was not, but everyone knew it was going to be great and vision kept them going, people here feel like game is stagnating

14 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

What's the BS you feel is spat out? I'm genuinely curious to know what the issue is.

I am not even gonna bother. This just shows the level of ignorance of your team. No, it's fine there are no issues if you don't want them to exist. Just close your eyes and the world will cease to exist.

1 hour ago, AeroLAD said:

I am not even gonna bother. This just shows the level of ignorance of your team. No, it's fine there are no issues if you don't want them to exist. Just close your eyes and the world will cease to exist.

How will things ever get fixed if you don't help the team by letting them know what has let you down? 

You have to remember Marc is fairly new to the FMM team. Not SI as a whole but he doesn't know the frustration us FMM fans have had. Although I think he know now :)

8 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

:)

Are you trolling me? What's the name of your other account?

Umm okaaaay. I'm sorry but I said I am not gonna bother because you're acting like a stuck up brat. You know yourself what problems exist within the game. Now you're trying to find an escape route and accusing me of "Trolling". Get a grip boy.

14 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

Umm okaaaay. I'm sorry but I said I am not gonna bother because you're acting like a stuck up brat. You know yourself what problems exist within the game. Now you're trying to find an escape route and accusing me of "Trolling". Get a grip boy.

Look Marc Duffy is new to the series. He is trying to help and you are being very unhelpful. Pinpoint the exact issues you have and he can help. What has gone on in the past is done. Now try and help him out by being specific and not just what could be described as very unhelpful.

We have a new guy come to the series and he is actually taking his time to interact with us give him some slack. work with him and together we can bring back the good old days if you know what i mean.. making the game great again but take note that it takes time. any issues with the game let Marc know so he and his team can look into it. what ever has gone on in the past is in the past now. so lets work together with Marc yes?