Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Double IF 3232 - Dominate with underdog team

That sums it up for me very good yes - i have tried it with Stoke, Cremonese and Betis - give it a couple of games to work and then try it :)

Crowe, that sums it up! For some teams and some levels things may change, but the default starting tactics should be one of those. If you find out during the season that you are getting better results by using one of the alternative settings then by all means make those your default settings. I've noticed that at some point during every season there comes a point where your away tactics are not delivering anymore and you need to change. For example in the lower leagues I was getting great results by starting every away game with balanced and short, but then around mid-season it stopped working so I changed to starting away matches with attack direct counter.

Currently in a most frustrating situation with Maidstone in league 1: I've just won Capital One Cup final 3-1 versus ManU but at the same time I'm losing basic away games in the league:/ Let's see how I will get this working...

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Crowe, that sums it up! For some teams and some levels things may change, but the default starting tactics should be one of those. If you find out during the season that you are getting better results by using one of the alternative settings then by all means make those your default settings. I've noticed that at some point during every season there comes a point where your away tactics are not delivering anymore and you need to change. For example in the lower leagues I was getting great results by starting every away game with balanced and short, but then around mid-season it stopped working so I changed to starting away matches with attack direct counter.

Currently in a most frustrating situation with Maidstone in league 1: I've just won Capital One Cup final 3-1 versus ManU but at the same time I'm losing basic away games in the league:/ Let's see how I will get this working...

About your away games - does attack short not work away with maidstone - thats for me the most succesfull with 4 different teams now :)

Season 4 with Maidstone, now in League 1. Won the league easily but not as convincingly as previous season. Had a very solid autumn but then around February things got difficult. 116 points still a very good end result.image.thumb.png.4a43ed6100d523074de462c3And now finally I had some cup success as well, winning Capital One Cup and JPT trophy. Lost to Arsenal in FA cup but 2 cup trophies is very much ok season for a league 1 club:)

image.thumb.png.ef1ca6233e621cbc1ce6a577image.thumb.png.3983f695425c48c8d66ac1b6image.thumb.png.f23e5f342172eb6aceacba7eI had a very long season with 46 league matches and 3 different cups where I was in the final stages. That might be the reason that things got difficult in the spring. I had some good success in away games using attacking and mixed passing but still had to grind those victories. Obviously there comes a point in most seasons where you need to change things a little bit in order to keep rocking.

Let's see if I can still fly in the Championship with the same setup or is there a need for a bigger change after 4 seasons.

image.png

Thanks guys! I don't keep exact statistics about how much I use different sets of team instructions:) And on average I change the settings about three times during a match. For home matches attacking short is usually the best and needs little tweaking. 

One thing I'm not sure if I mentioned is that if opponent puts on committed tackling then you should do the same. This normally happens if they are several goals behind or if they try to desperately score in the end.

Started the season 5 in Championship and now I must say that something has happened. Either it's the fact that in this career I've used the same kind of tactics for too long, or Championship is just some way different, or the AI wants to give me hell after doing so well for so long... Or combination of all those:) Let's see if I still get this working...

Demonstration of the power of team instructions. Beginning of the season with tactics that used to work... But now it didn't:

image.thumb.png.fd1468f62367c3ed55492095And then after finding the right settings:

image.thumb.png.07d0b8547e0ed3357573e3b6The same formation, same roles, same players, only difference is the team settings. Changing the default settings from attack short pressing to attack mixed no-pressing made all the difference. A huge difference.

So the settings I used as default for 4 seasons in a row with excellent results stopped working. The magic wears off, opponent cracks it, AI wants you to suffer (and we all have watched enough sci-fi movies to know that in the end AI wants us to suffer and die and go extinct) or whatever the reason is. But if this happens, there will be no need to change formation and make a huge overhaul. Simply find new settings that work and off you go winning again.

The quality of your players has no significance compared to finding the right team instructions. That's how it goes.

First of all amazimg work with the tactic @Ozymandias .

I have been playing around with a slight variation which is more plug and play to suit my general impatience. So here is the domestic treble with Everton in season 1. If you're wondering what rational person would buy Rudy Gestede it's because I believe the tactic works more effeciently with a natural TM and Lukaku insists on being a Poacher.

I did plenty of business in the summer. Largely funded by shipping out quite a few expensive wingbacks who don't have a role in this formation.

1473858293-screenshot-20160914-133922.pn

1473858318-screenshot-20160914-133929.pn

The treble.

1473858482-screenshot-20160914-133849.pn

1473858499-screenshot-20160914-134349.pn

1473858522-screenshot-20160914-134329.pn

Player of the year:

1473858685-screenshot-20160914-134013.pn

Young player of the year:

1473858728-screenshot-20160914-134027.pn

Formation & player roles:

1473858865-screenshot-20160914-134115.pn

Starting instructions:

1473858880-screenshot-20160914-134120.pn

changing to balanced and mixed as soon as I have the lead. If I concede an equaliser I go back to the starting instructions and if I go behind I don't change them. I only change to bal/mix when in front.

I often take about 15-30 shots per match so can only imagine what this will be like with world class inside forwards. Again, thanks for the formation. ?

Piggers5, looking great! Very good to know that you can use different roles and it still rocks. Playing around with just attacking short and balanced mixed will win you most of the matches, as you have clearly demonstrated. Did you have any trouble in those away matches against smaller teams?