Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Luís Henr1K! Joewins' 59th Attempt!!!

Joewins

Hi All,

I am going to give the 1K a blooming good go and I will be posting my efforts as much for motivation for myself as anything else.

I will be using the 17 year old Brazilian Luis Henrique and my chosen team will be... dun dun duuuun.... SLB

I have tried this challenge with about 15 different clubs and players and they have all petered out after 1-2 seasons. I tried resisting SLB as I used them before in my All-rounder Challenge and I know they have been used by many others in the past but they are just made for long careers with challenges.

I won't be posting much detail as it is literally the same career as my previous one, just a different challenge... I have signed Henrique, Stones, Gaya, Kante and have Semedo, Guedes, Jovic, Pizzi etc at the club already.

EME all the way

Anyway admin out of the way...

Season 1

End of season attributes

Spoiler

IMG_8748.thumb.PNG.3d167b406a98053042e7e

End of season stats

Spoiler

IMG_8749.thumb.PNG.690ff3ba9a45a5c5344b8

Not bad for a lad who was 17 for most of the season!

Season 2

Nicely up on goals/games ratio. Fewer games though this year as he tires easily and I don’t like to start him if he’s below 90% before a game (when I have he drops in the 70s before halftime and rarely scores anyway). He didn’t like intensive training so I changed him to the below he was fine.

Fitness: Intensive

Tactic: Intensive

Attacking: Intensive

GK: None

Defensive: Light

Motivation: Light

End of season attributes

Spoiler

IMG_8750.thumb.PNG.d88575f9ff5cd0c618999

End of season stats 

Spoiler

IMG_8751.thumb.PNG.f2cfb0c2a7b81e6cc0133

It would be good if he started to score for Brazil at some point... He never seems to be away on international duty but he still gets caps? Anyone know about that?!

Note - One goal scored prior to the career

Season 3

I'd have hoped for him to kick on a bit more now he has hit his 20s but I'm seeing this through just to try and get my name on that leaderboard! He is constantly 'In need of a rest,' 'slightly tired' or 'feeling the pressures of 1st team football'. I'm hoping it's a phase though as it really affects his form.

Spoiler

IMG_8752.thumb.PNG.aeb2135fb81990158770c

Spoiler

IMG_8753.thumb.PNG.a5b1ae0bda76af1b3219e

Solid going mate, I know the feeling of the slightly tired etc it's really annoying. Do you still play him when he is tired, I tend to rest them more often then not.

15 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Solid going mate, I know the feeling of the slightly tired etc it's really annoying. Do you still play him when he is tired, I tend to rest them more often then not.

Yeah, towards the end of season 4 i had to rest him for 6 games before 'Slightly Tired' went. A bit frustrating considering I never play him if he is <90% before the game and take him off when he hits 75 regardless of how the team is doing.

Season 4

As per the above, this season he was constantly tired and his performances really suffered but I'm hoping it's just a blip... On the plus side he is starting to play a bit more regularly for Brazil and all his caps seem to come in the winter and summer breaks.

Spoiler

IMG_8754.thumb.PNG.854f6ad5cf475ae13b961

Spoiler

IMG_8755.thumb.PNG.0e93e96578b9b3c8a6001

Season 5

Better than last season but i was hoping for 70s by now...

Spoiler

IMG_8762.thumb.PNG.4b00369b3721a70e1ac8f

Spoiler

IMG_8763.thumb.PNG.98624ef2b3630d92e63ff

Tactics

Nothing revolutionary here - in fact i'm probably making things harder for myself with the BBM - Renato Sanchez is an absolute beast in midfield and i should probably switch his role, he'd be ideal for the 500 midfielder challenge with the amount of goals he scores.

I've also played with BBM - BWM - BBM which was fun to watch because of the amount of team goals we got but as my midfield improved they started taking Henrique out of the picture all-together and just hitting pot shots from 30 yards.

Spoiler

IMG_8766.thumb.PNG.e4b00ebba6546bc3349aaIMG_8767.thumb.PNG.254003180f22ed0658050

Season 6

I played him as a either a defensive forward or target man this year and he is moving in the right direction - hopefully it's not too late!!!

Spoiler

IMG_8768.thumb.PNG.9f8c325eded53a1d3542b

Spoiler

IMG_8769.thumb.PNG.a29af9977113b0dd16dbd

3 hours ago, Joewins said:

Season 5

Better than last season but i was hoping for 70s by now...

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8762.thumb.PNG.4b00369b3721a70e1ac8f

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8763.thumb.PNG.98624ef2b3630d92e63ff

Tactics

Nothing revolutionary here - in fact i'm probably making things harder for myself with the BBM - Renato Sanchez is an absolute beast in midfield and i should probably switch his role, he'd be ideal for the 500 midfielder challenge with the amount of goals he scores.

I've also played with BBM - BWM - BBM which was fun to watch because of the amount of team goals we got but as my midfield improved they started taking Henrique out of the picture all-together and just hitting pot shots from 30 yards.

Hide contents

IMG_8766.thumb.PNG.e4b00ebba6546bc3349aaIMG_8767.thumb.PNG.254003180f22ed0658050

Playing central passing focus with wingers doesn't make sense to me, but I'm guessing it works?

3 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Playing central passing focus with wingers doesn't make sense to me, but I'm guessing it works?

I thought the same thing. But whatever works eh?

On 8/26/2016 at 15:39, Mikee1984 said:

Agreed, I am probably not optimizing the players I have on the pitch but I seem to get countless more assists and goals from my CMs than wingers so i figured central was the way to go. With short passing the midfield five seem to move up the pitch as a unit and overwhelm the opposition defense with someone scoring at the end of it. I should do a proper a season's update to show the overall effect at some point but I'm in a busy period at work so I've been doing quick ones so far.

Generally in this save in the early seasons I used a CM combo of BBM - BWM - BBM as there was a constant movement of the ball up the pitch through the middle but as i mentioned before as my young midfield got better they scored too much.

I am using something completely different now anyway to try and rescue the 1k...

Decent going but I feel that you need to squeeze more out of him. 

Have you tried playing 3 at the back and using Wing Backs as they were the key to the success in my 1K Challenge with Embolo?