Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Barbosa in the EPL (A 1K Attempt) COMPLETE

Taff

27 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Absolutely brilliant mate you've got this one in the bag for sure.

Cheers dude, I'm feeling a lot more confident with this one over my Akpom attempt (he achieved 684 after 12 seasons)

Barbosa has beaten that after 9 seasons and is still only 27/28 so I think another 3 seasons should be good 

Season 10

And here we are now into our 10th season and the little man from Brazil has exceeded my expectations for many a season now and I'm hoping this year to get him over the 800 goal mark, so with out further ado lets crack on

Transfers

Made a few good buys this year primarily to strengthen a few areas

IMG_8025.PNG

We bring in 3 good free transfers in Antonio Quintilla for the CM position, Francisco Javier Pifarre as a young RW and Diego Jota was the best find of the lot kicking ass most of the season (bit Injury prone) but a great deal.  Then we bring in Rafael Moreno a young Argentinian PCR and Francisco Javier Jurado as another solid CD

IMG_8026.PNG

Going out more Unused/Unhappy/Unwanted players Nardi wanted more play time and I had a young GK come up from the B team who has very good stats and didn't moan about being a backup, Passalack and James were the same so off they went

League

Another cracking season in the league

IMG_8011.PNGIMG_8012.PNGIMG_8013.PNG

We suffered 2 draws and 2 losses this year but still smashed it winning with 8 games to go and clearing 100 goals and 100 points

Cups

IMG_8002.PNGIMG_8001.PNG

We start the season off by getting revenge on Man City for last years Community Shield (It did require a late Barbosa goal but still)

IMG_8003.PNGIMG_8004.PNG

Three of my new signings combine to clear Ajax to one side as we lift another Euro Supercup

IMG_8007.PNGIMG_8008.PNG

4 from Barbosa helps us to an easy victory in the World Club Championship

IMG_8010.PNG

We lose out on away goals in the Capital One Cup semi finals after drawing both legs and both teams scoring twice in extra time in the 2nd legg

IMG_8015.PNGIMG_8014.PNG

We rely on winning the Penalty Shootout to clinch the FA cup over Spurs

IMG_8020.PNGIMG_8019.PNG

5 goals from Barbosa sees us ease to victory over Bayern in the Champions Cup final clinching our 10 consecutive European title 

Fixtures

Here's our full season fixture list

IMG_8027.PNGIMG_8028.PNGIMG_8029.PNGIMG_8030.PNGIMG_8031.PNGIMG_8032.PNGIMG_8033.PNGIMG_8034.PNG

Both my draws came late in the season I think team fatigue had a big impact but still a great season again

Season Awards

Plenty more season awards this year

IMG_8006.PNG

Barbosa once again claims the WPOTY

IMG_8016.PNG

and the EPL POTY with Success coming runner up

IMG_8017.PNG

My new CD comes second in the YPOTY

IMG_8018.PNG

I retain my MOTY award that's 10 for 10 now 

Gabriel Barbosa

So how did my little Brazilian wizard fair this year

Here's his half season stats 

IMG_8009.PNG

52 goals in 31 games not a bad return 

IMG_8023.PNG

His stats still looking mighty impressive

His end of year tally

IMG_8024.PNG

Another 90+ goal season bagging 93 goals in 63 games (17 assists ain't bad either)

Goals - 806 (so we just break the 800 mark, might still need 2 and a bit seasons to wrap this up)

Games - 629 (that gives him roughly 1.3 goals a game)

Player Stats

Here's how the rest of the team got on

IMG_8021.PNGIMG_8022.PNG

Success having another good season with 25 goals and 16 assists but Guedes once again was king of the assists from the RW/LW positions 

So getting closer to our illustrious 1K goal can he keep fit and firing 

Stay tuned and thanks for following

Great going, Taff. I thought the 1K's were done for with the new engine, but you've clearly proven me wrong.

I'm sorry if you stated this before, but what tactic are you using? I'm always up for some new inspiration to my ideas.

I'm using a mix of 2 my "return of the taff" which is a 3232 tactic (which works very well against the European teams) and a 4231 tactic I've been working on but set Barbosa as the Primary striker and first choice for penalties (there's plenty for him to score, although he does miss his fair share as well)

45 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Another storming season Taff. Should be plain sailing from here. It always seems a lot easier when you get past 800. 

Cheers Billy I do feel a bit more confident and his age helps too I think still under 30 should have plenty more life in him (as long as there is no major injuries)

Season 11

So with time ticking on were edging even closer to our 1000 goal target so let's get going

Transfers

Made a few purchases this season to pretty much replace my Midfield due to everyone getting on a bit and stamina becoming an issue

IMG_8064.PNG

Josh James has some great stats for either my BWM or BBM position and Hanford was brought in as a young IF (I thinks he's Bales regen)

Then at the end of last season I also brought in these two to be my new CM pairing 

IMG_8066.PNG

Santos has great attributes for my BBM position 

IMG_8067.PNG

And Dias (even though says hes an AP played as my BWM with good pace stamina and tackling)

IMG_8065.PNG

Barkley and Goretzka both left this year after serving the team well but there fitness and wages meant they had to go

League

Another year and another league title 11 for 11 now

IMG_8047.PNGIMG_8048.PNGIMG_8051.PNG

Going undefeated in the league once more winning with 8 games to go having a clear 30 point gap but my favourite has to be the 124 goals scored this year

Cups

IMG_8036.PNGIMG_8035.PNG

We manage to win yet another cup after a penalty shootout against City

IMG_8038.PNGIMG_8037.PNG

Can scores the extra time winner to claim the Euro Supercup title

IMG_8041.PNGIMG_8040.PNG

We smash our way to another Club World Championship 

IMG_8044.PNGIMG_8045.PNG

A single goal from Barbosa clinches the Capital One cup for the gunners

IMG_8053.PNGIMG_8052.PNG

A double from Barbosa and Hanford (Bale) sees off Spurs in the FA cup final

IMG_8059.PNGIMG_8058.PNG

A brace from Barbosa sees us once again crowned the Champions of Europe 

Fixtures

Here's our season fixture list

IMG_8068.PNGIMG_8069.PNGIMG_8070.PNGIMG_8071.PNGIMG_8072.PNGIMG_8073.PNGIMG_8074.PNGIMG_8075.PNG

Great season with some big results and over 220 goals scored throughout the season

Player Awards

IMG_8039.PNG

Barbosa wins the WPOTY again with Success coming in second 

IMG_8055.PNG

Barbosa and Success join forces again for the EPL POTY

IMG_8056.PNG

Jurado comes in second place in the YPOTY

IMG_8057.PNG

And another MOTY award for me

Gabriel Barbosa

Another great season for the main man, but it wasn't all smooth sailing

Here's his mid season tally

IMG_8042.PNG

46 goals not a bad start but less than previous seasons, then come mid January I get this

IMG_8043.PNG

"Want's a New Challenge" must be hard being the WOPTY for the umpteenth time but a few games rest and a bump in pay saw him happy again

IMG_8060.PNG

His stats still looking good and still to hit his thirties so plenty of time left

Here's how he finished the season

IMG_8061.PNG

Just shy of 90 goals this season so a dip but nothing to really worry about

Goals - 895

Games - 695

200 goals more than games played and only 105 left to get, hopefully another solid season next year and he can cruise through season 13 being guaranteed the 1K title 

Player Stats

Here's how the rest of the team got on and Success once again proving how good he is (I urge anyone in need of a IF/AP/PCR to give this guy a go)

IMG_8062.PNGIMG_8063.PNG

31 goals and 29 assists great season for my number 2

So as I said just 105 goals left and he still has plenty of steam left

Stay Tuned and thanks for following 

Season 12

With just over 100 goals left to get I'm hoping for a big chunk to be taken out this season

Transfers

IMG_8124.PNG

Looks like I spent huge this year but Pimentel was obviously the big buy (Ronaldo Regen) and he was a great buy, Costa was expensive and didn't really play like a £30M midfielder.  Kinnear is a English regen (Rooney I think) as he can play PCR of AP and bought at the end of the season so see how he does next year

IMG_8115.PNG

Some big names leaving this season Zilic just wasn't getting used and when Madrid offered £50M I bit their hands off, Vazquez again wasn't getting game time with my Bale and Ronaldo regens taking over the IF duties so another cool £30M for him helped pay for Kinnear 

League

Another solid league campaign passing the 100 mark in goals and points and going undefeated again (lots of draws annoyingly)

IMG_8102.PNGIMG_8103.PNGIMG_8104.PNG

Cups

Another great season for silver wear (although we got knocked out of the FA Cup in the quarter finals by Spurs)

IMG_8077.PNGIMG_8083.PNG

Another win in the Community shield against City this year thanks to a double from Barbosa

IMG_8079.PNGIMG_8086.PNG

Barbosa scores 3 to help clinch the Euro Supercup for (I think) the 11th straight season

IMG_8090.PNGIMG_8091.PNG

Another good final in the Club world Championship

IMG_8101.PNGIMG_8100.PNG

An Iwobi hat-trick helps seal an easy win over Chelsea in the Capital One Cup

IMG_8109.PNGIMG_8108.PNG

Another cup final double from Barbosa seals the Euro Championship crown for another season

Fixtures

Here's our full season fixture list

IMG_8116.PNGIMG_8117.PNGIMG_8118.PNGIMG_8119.PNGIMG_8120.PNGIMG_8121.PNGIMG_8122.PNGIMG_8123.PNG

Just the two losses all season in the FA Cup and Champions Cup Semi Final

Season Awards

Another great season for the Gunners

Barbosa once again claiming the WPOTY (forgot the screen shot)

IMG_8105.PNG

and the EPL POTY with Success  riding his coat tails

IMG_8106.PNG

My Ronaldo and Bale Regens claiming 1st and 2nd in the YPOTY

IMG_8107.PNG

While I grab my 12th MOTY award

Gabriel Barbosa

It was a very disappointing season for the little Brazilian this year, struggling to find his form (always came through in the Cups) but missed a lot of opportunities this season 

IMG_8087.PNG

To many games like this with goals disallowed

His half season tally

IMG_8092.PNG

Only 34 goals by January 

IMG_8113.PNG

And only 68 in total

Still confident as he only needs 37 to get to 1000 but would have hoped for another good season out of him, but honestly my tactics struggled this year but hope next season goes better

Goals - 963

Games - 758

Player Stats

Here's how the rest of the team did

IMG_8110.PNGIMG_8111.PNG

Pimentel, Success and Hanford all had good seasons but everyone suffered with consistency this year

One more season should do it guys

Stay tuned and Thanks for following 

This looks amazing mate! Huge whit all those numbers :)!

you should start a new challenge next season called "my best december" :)

Not spectacular but another solid season. I know how you fm feel when your star man missed out on games he would usually bag up on. So frustrating. 

May his age he still has 2 good seasons left in him so even an injury won't stop him now. Well played. 

7 hours ago, AndersJ said:

This looks amazing mate! Huge whit all those numbers :)!

you should start a new challenge next season called "my best december" :)

5 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Getting so close now mate. 1 more season should do it. KIU. It's been a fantastic career to follow.

5 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Great going, Taff. Its in the bag now. 

3 hours ago, kts365 said:

Just caught up with this Taff and I'm super impressed. In the bag for sure well done mate.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Not spectacular but another solid season. I know how you fm feel when your star man missed out on games he would usually bag up on. So frustrating. 

May his age he still has 2 good seasons left in him so even an injury won't stop him now. Well played. 

Cheers for all the support guys, just need another solid season and this will be knocked out of the park

Seriously thank you for following me and lending your support during this and all my other threads

Helps you to keep going when you know there are others out there cheering you on

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Cheers for all the support guys, just need another solid season and this will be knocked out of the park

Seriously thank you for following me and lending your support during this and all my other threads

Helps you to keep going when you know there are others out there cheering you on

No bother mate. I know it could be disheartening if nobody comments on something you work hard on. 

13 minutes ago, kts365 said:

No bother mate. I know it could be disheartening if nobody comments on something you work hard on. 

But thankfully there are some great members here on Vibe who are always willing to Help

1 hour ago, Taff said:

But thankfully there are some great members here on Vibe who are always willing to Help

Yeah it's a shame the Community has started to dwindle 

Here we are guys

IMG_8134[1].PNG

Just 1 goal away from 1000 goals for Arsenal (He had already scored 10 for Santos)

And He claims another WPOTY just before what could be the game he celebrates forever 

IMG_8135[1].PNG

WOAW :)!

it could be totally great if we could see this in the reel world of football in the Premier league some day - smashing all records :)

I like his chances as his next game is against some Japanese team in the Club World Championship semi final

Would have liked his 1000 goal to come in a cup final or something but I'll finish this season out to see how he stands after 13 seasons 

Just now, billy2shots said:

Well done Taff, I enjoyed following that. Finished in style.

Great feeling isn't it!

Cheers Billy it feels great to have achieved the 1000 mark and in the EPL just fantastic