Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 tactic

Soccerrat

I've been interested in Man City since Guardiola has taken over even though I'm a united fan ?. I've been really interested in the formation they were going to use with the likes of Sane,Nolito,Silva,Sterling,De bryune. I decided a 3-4-3 formation would probably suit them best or you could call it the 3-4-2-1, doesn't really matter. So far this season we have seen how good City are on the Counter attack and their passing has been unbelievable. Here is my tactic, if you have any suggestions write them down below, I would like to read them. I hope you enjoy this tactic. 

By by the way this is the enhanced engine

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Soccerrat

@Soccerrat yo! Interesting take there on formation as well as tactics. Just a couple of questions though, just to help me understand how your tactic works =)

1) When things weren't going your way (i.e. opposition's GK was "on fire" or drawing even after 60th min or losing by 1 or more goals etc), what did you do to counter those situations? Change team instructions/player roles? Sub certain players in?

2) What are the team/match stats during games? I would love to see some match analysis, like possession, clear cut chances, number of shots vs shots on target etc (you get the drift, yeah?)

3) What did you do with the existing full backs in your squad? (I know, seems like a dumb question) I'm just curious if you sold them or tried to retrain them? If you did, who did you sign for which positions? (if you have any recommendations, that'll be fantastic, mate)

@Irwan Hadi thx for the reply. Okay to answer your 1st qs when things aren't going my way I put the more pacy player in the apm position and the player with more stamina on the wing, Nolito used to play where sane is playing but the minute I switched both of them Nolito was flying and sane was banging in more goals than Nolito actually was. And your 3rd qs for me it actually suited me when it came to the full backs. Zabaleta could actually play on the wings and so did kolorov, but I preferred  sterling and Nolito on the wings.

Here are my stats. I hope this helped you

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@Soccerrat I see, from the looks of it the left side of the formation seems to get on the score sheet more often than the right hahaha 

I've yet to test out your tactic, so I can't give a constructive comment as of now. I tend to think of which team to pick first to suit this formation/tactic; so far, I can't think of any other team to accommodate this much creativity and attacking flair other than Internazionale. I've tried playing them with a 352 and 343 and they've performed generally well. Almost always leaving opposition overrun or playing smaller teams off the field :P

@Jervon Esprit did he actually implement the 4-1-4-1 because I noticed he plays sterling and Nolito that's why I picked this formation and he also plays sane and silva. And my wingers don't score really but they are a really vital part of my team. They assist a good bit. Maybe 13,14 assists. I hope this helped thx for the response and I hope you try the tactic and post your result.

I'm going to try this with United and see how it does, I also have the unofficial transfers pack, so Ibra, Martial and Rooney can all fit in to the one team, I'll post you results at the end of the season

4 hours ago, Soccerrat said:

@Aaron Thornton all right thanks

Do you tweak it in anyway when your losing, because it can really cant get anymore attacking than it already is never mind sorry just saw you telling someone else what you do. :)

Edited by Aaron Thornton
Made a mistake

I actually don't. when I first started I was playing nolito in the cam position but he was not getting much goals. I switched sae for him and sane was banging in a lot of goals so if I were to change anything. make sure to have a pacy player in the inside forward position