Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career billy's Goal A Minute

billy2shots

billy's Goal A Minute

Welcome to my first challenge on this years game. Embarrassing I know as it's almost over but @danovic78 has inspired me to at least give it one crack on FMM16.

Goals, goals, goals is what the game is all about for me so it had to be a goal based challenge. A quick look around showed me that almost all the challenges had been done or were in play. All accept one (sorry if someone has done it, i couldn't find it).

This fantastic challenge was bought to us by @Ashez http://vibe.community/forums/topic/33351-the-goal-a-minute-challenge/#comment-266386

Ashez fantastic career with Fierro, still the only completed version (i think). http://vibe.community/forums/topic/23655-ashez-goes-for-a-goal-a-minute/

In short, your chosen player must score for every minute of the game 1-90 (bonus for extra time goals) using your own tactic and without using the editor (don't have it so that's easy).

Time to Pick a Club

I have spent hundreds of hours replaying the same season over and over again trying to fine tune a tactic with Bayern in Germany. So naturally the obvious choice was...

U97vMNE.jpg

Benfica in Portugal?????

Now onto the tactic. That amazing tactic that has driven me crazy and had me up at 3am making a tweak I thought about in my dreams. Yeah that tactic was awful in Portugal lol. So it was back to my old tried and tested. (I will post it later in the thread when SI have finished their tinkering, just in case. 

Actually I quite like the fact that all my preconceived ideas have gone out the window and it was all fresh.

The Player

I had the choice of two players in mind, both played in Argentina and both hadn't seen any FMM action this year (or ever as far as i could tell). Unfortunately that quickly went out of the window when I clicked on my squad to check what players I had.

My God!!!!  

I have never ever played with Benfica on any version of the game and I had no idea what just hit me. 2 full squads fit to bursting point with Attacking Players. The First Team was very unbalanced with 1 central midfielder and about 10 attacking wingers. That was when it hit me. It would be a farce to go out and buy more attacking players when everything I need is right under my nose. Now just time to pick one, and that's when it hit me. An old friend that I had know idea was in the B Team.

ujtCbbg.pngozRJDiD.png

No, not him again billy? Shut up at the back. I'm far too romantic to let this slip past. Fate has called and I have answered.

Now Luka was a bit of a gun on the quiet in FMH15. I should know, he scored 1300 goals in about 1000 games for me with Porto. I was a little apprehensive about using a wonder kid to smash the challenge to pieces without much of a test. I knew that Dec produced a wonderkids list last time out and thought there was a good chance he would do the same for 16. After finding it I carefully and quickly scrolled down making every effort not to look at the other layers. I was scanning first names and couldn't find him on there.

Few, I'm safe. I completely understand those players who like to fill their squad with all the promising talent in the world but it's just not for me.

Now the fun bit. Transfers! 

As I was saying, this team has stupid amounts of players so with a bit of tweaking between A and B teams I could make it work without spending a penny.  5 players promoted from the B team and some deadwood sold, and we're good to go. The romantic in me thought about doing the whole challenge without signing a single player. I parked that Idea when I saw the average age of my GK and 3 first team centre backs was about 52. No obvious youth but at the moment I haven't opened the cheque book and season 1 has been played.

a9WUZid.png

If anyone could help an old man out and point out how to put things in spoilers (there's rather a lot of pics) I would be most grateful. 

[ spoiler ] without the spaces isn't working [ / spoiler ]

Edited by billy2shots

Really enjoyed reading that, but I've always enjoyed reading your posts. As for the challenge I'm delighted it's getting some love, it was an idea I was super excited about but it didn't catch on like I expected. It is alot of posting effort but I have really fond memories of my attempt, it frustrated me a lot at the time but that was more bug related haha, it was also nice using Fierro since he's now been removed from the game. 

In short best of luck mate :) 

Thanks very much for the support guys and sorry I haven't been more active in others careers. 

Any help with putting images in spoilers as so I don't want to annoy everyone with hundreds of pics on show. 

Good luck  mate. I love using Jovic but I find that sometimes he has terrible PA. Hopefully you get a good PA roll because that could either make this challenge easy or hard 

5 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck  mate. I love using Jovic but I find that sometimes he has terrible PA. Hopefully you get a good PA roll because that could either make this challenge easy or hard 

Thanks RR. I kind of like not knowing how good the player is. Besides, I would choose a consist 140 over an inconsistent 185 any day of the week.

Edited by billy2shots

Season 1

The reason for this challenge
Mr Jovic

I had a master plan of breaking Jovic in slowly. I knew it wouldn't be wise to start a 17 year old in every match and team results would suffer if I did. On the other hand, who cares about team results, this is a player based challenge and as a result Luka started about 75% of matches. He had the dreaded 'Feeling the pressure of first team football' on and off all the way through and i had to manage the hell out of him by resting him from the squad for a game or two to make the message go away. I couldn't hit a barn door with that red message present.

7Zs4Kpx.png

Given his age and the constant message of doom, I will take that for season 1.

So 43 goals down out of the 90 then?

No, it's not as simple as that because he hit the same minute multiple times. In fact he hit the same minute 3 times a couple of times. I can see how @Ashezgot frustrated at times during his Fierro save.

Minutes

1-10       3,6,10
11-20     13,18,19,20
21-30     24,25,27,29
31-40     33,36,39
41-50     47,48,49
51-60     51,53,55,56,57,58,60
61-70     64,70
71-80     72,73,75,79,80
81-90     82,88,89

So that's 34 out of 90 minutes complete so far. 

Games like this don't help Luka!!!

c5RSpLM.png

Evidence

Spoiler

7dkxXno.png26UNymF.pngRoSVBWD.pngq8IfF8j.pngq8HsJiR.pngGYcYb4Q.pngVUrmjvt.pngdsAyRRu.pngonNNpe8.pngt9fmnTB.pngc5RSpLM.pnghINfGRu.png4puaU1A.pngr5lMZ2q.pngJX9IS2b.png55ftJ9D.pngK4XnrHF.pngTE63q5K.pngPNUDOpD.pngSSHmLXZ.pngbZKwkcM.pngCCI5pBL.pngjxrFeUs.png

Few, that's a lot of screenshots!

Team Results

I had a slow start to the season winning only 2 of my first 5 matches. Sporting were in Beast Mode all year and didn't suffer their first league defeat until I narrowly beat them at home on April 2nd. Thankfully they also lost for the second time on the final day to FC Porto which meant I won the league on the final day.

Spoiler

IpU35XR.pngzKJ0wOw.png

Penalties were the theme in this first season. I made it to the final of the Portuguese cup on pens and then won the Fianl with spot kicks. The Champions League saw me knock out Bayern on Penalties in the semis, setting up a final against rivals Porto (that seemed a bit Arcade like to me but ho hum) 

Spoiler

eeZVDDW.png6skyFPc.pngjxrFeUs.png

Round up of first season

kaumJkR.png

Edited by billy2shots

Sorry RR I have constantly got your quote in my reply box. 

46 minutes ago, Crowe said:

Good luck pal, are you doing this challange along side 1000 goal challange as it prob gonna take a good few seasons to do!

The 1k isn't something i am thinking about to be honest. If I can get this done in 5 or 6 seasons then I will leave it there. If I am getting close to 1k during this challenge then I will crack on. At a guess, if i'm anywhere near 700 goals when all 90 minutes are complete then i will soldier on.

Season 2

The big news......

I have decided to do this challenge without signing a single player:O. I think that will provide a different dimension to this. It's going to mean sacrificing trophies as my team will never be the best and probably ends any real temptation to hit the 1k with Jovic.

Team Stuff

A real mix bag for the season but good enough given my aging keeper and defence.

6x8M1Mb.png

Losing 3 Finals was a result of not playing my captain Luizao. At 36 he is in bad shape but nobody else comes close to match his leadership. His presence will be missed as i don't think I can realistically play him anymore.

0iTcW0t.png

House keeping out of the way.

Luka Jovic

rggLUFr.png

A 6 week injury, poor form and the constant message of doom 'feeling the pressure' made this an annoying season.

Season 2 Minutes achieved 

2, 4, 8, 9, 11,14, 23, 31, 43, 45, 50, 54, 62, 67, 76, 78, 85

Evidence

Spoiler

xQMMMa7.pngtnUrJFn.pngTY6zqqb.pngoVgx0Nm.pngKt4pwiv.pngbUs2QRX.pngYS86u4H.pngLJNma7I.pngEPOAdeS.pngR0BwFvF.pngknVtjCG.pngqffzDfw.pngCFoaZXY.png

90Rvxxo.png

Total Minutes completed

Minutes

1-10       2,3,4,6,8,9,10
11-20     11,13,14,18,19,20
21-30     23,24,25,27,29
31-40     31,33,36,39
41-50     43,45,47,48,49,50
51-60     51,53,54,55,56,57,58,60
61-70     62,64,67,70
71-80     72,73,75,76,78,79,80
81-90     82,85,88,89

51 out of the 90 complete.

Interestingly he has hit minutes 19,24,27 four times!!!!

Edited by billy2shots

Very smart playing and solid going mate! Haha yeah scoring the same min is annoying as hell, especially when you only have a few left. I also had the history page bugging out costing me goals too :@. 

Has Benfica's final curse returned? :O 

The curse may just be back. It's amazing not signing anyone, don't get me wrong I  don't usually go mad but adding a couple of quality players each season really makes a big difference. I can see Porto and Sporting improving in every window and it's going to get harder and harder to compete. 

Fingers crossed that a CR7 regen appears in my squad in the coming years. 

Edited by billy2shots

Season 3

The less said about the team performance the better, so lets dive straight into the man himself.

Luka Jovic

I had a message pop up from my coaches saying that  Jovic has reached his peak. That's new, I don't remember that from FMH15.

T8RwmnA.png

I think it's safe to say we don't have a wonderkid on our hands lol.

Another Injury cost him 10-12 games which held him back a little. No big numbers here but if he has reached his peak then I guess this is what i'm working with each season.

Osa8u9h.png

7 goals in 1 Cup match make this look better than it was. I miss scoring 100 goals a season with this dude :(

The Numbers

Out of 48 goals only 15 new minutes were achieved this season. They are 5, 7, 15, 17, 21, 28, 35, 40, 42, 44, 52, 59, 71, 81, 84

Evidence

Spoiler

suyjIaa.png

1huFWUB.png

XNvB2oJ.png

qQEJheN.png

o9d0lC9.png

kGlOi8P.png

0dlsWFW.png

ncLH0pR.png

Total Minutes completed

Minutes

1-10       2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
11-20     11,13,14,15,17,18,19,20
21-30     21,23,24,25,27,28,29
31-40     31,33,35,36,39,40
41-50     42,43,44,45,47,48,49,50
51-60     51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60  Completed
61-70     62,64,67,70
71-80     71,72,73,75,76,78,79,80
81-90     81,82,84,85,88,89

Team

Finished 2nd behind Porto by 3 points. 2nd!!!!!!!!!! 
I'm really struggling with my keeper situation. I switch between both original B Team keepers but neither are good enough for the Portuguese league let alone Europe. I'm trying to blood young GK's and Defenders in the Cup games in the hope that 1 or 2 of them suddenly have an explosion in the stats department. Using that method I have developed a couple more attacking players that I hope can take over from Salvio and Gaitan who have both turned 30.

wfv6Fvf.png

Season 4

Luka Jovic

Very similar season to season 3. He started very poorly but had a fantastic mid season run before tailing off towards the end.

awvDIeJ.png

Minutes achieved this season

12, 16, 22, 38, 41, 61, 65, 66

Evidence

Spoiler

eJn9you.png

KiKrdoN.png

bitsmbB.png

wKHDeYG.png

kQ4q3Fi.png

2wyKNHI.png

Y1GCMry.png

Total Minutes completed

Minutes

11-20     11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 Completed
21-30     21,22,23,24,25,27,28,29
31-40     31,33,35,36,38,39,40
41-50     41,42,43,44,45,47,48,49,50
61-70     61,62,64,65,66,67,70
81-90     81,82,84,85,88,89

Team

A much better performance from the team this year. A bad start saw me playing my oldest team rather than the younger 'better' players. It paid off but still final agony.

c9WDseK.png

pb7O4Df.png

The Porto game destroyed my players physically (anyone else notice how often cup games go to extra time?). A couple of days later my tired team were battered in the semi final of the CL

EVJa5qZ.png

As I result I played my entire reserve team in the second leg.

NUDpg6y.png

hahahahahahahahah

Final. Boom. Not bad for a half a team made up of B team players.

FNGH8nE.png

Overall

OsvQiJi.png

Got to be happy with that!!!

Min one is a toughie, most luck based one to get! Real nice progress though! Shame the player isn't reaching for the stars though, found that a lot last two years with FMM, seems more of a gulf in class between average and world class, I've had a few risky picks backfire :(. Back in the day any player in the right league or system could be a boss but less so recently, I guess that's why we see so many known wonder kids now and less hidden gems. 

@Real_Random wow your Jovic looks good, fancy a swap?

@Ashez I agree with what you say about being hit and miss. I never really worried about someone's PA but it does seem to create a huge gap in results now. Sure the higher PA would always do better but now it's like the characteristics are different and it's almost as though your using a totally different player. 

During the first season Jovic had a game where he scored in minutes 1 and 90. Both offside!  I'm cursing that match now. 

Edited by billy2shots
37 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

@Real_Random wow your Jovic looks good, fancy a swap?

@Ashez I agree with what you say about being hit and miss. I never really worried about someone's PA but it does seem to create a huge gap in results now. Sure the higher PA would always do better but now it's like the characteristics are different and it's almost as though your using a totally different player. 

During the first season Jovic had a game where he scored in minutes 1 and 90. Both offside!  I'm cursing that match now. 

Well mate I don't want to disappoint you but that Jovic your looking at only had 3.5* PA and when I tried a DT with him I got a terrible PA roll so that is why whenever someone uses Jovic I always hope they get a better PA roll than I did. I know you don't care for PA but it can really make or break a challenge like this when you need for Jovic to have good stats and good hidden stats

Glad to inspire you for another great challenge, Billy!!

Benfica are a good team to play this version but like you say so overstocked in the Winger department. Great going so far.

Season 5

Jovic

I just can't ring anything else out of the lad. He is consistent in his inconsistency. Every season seems the same, poor start followed by a mental 3 months followed be abject failure at the close of the season. I've learned not to praise him as he completely turns cold even though he keeps telling the media how much he loves me. The coaches rave about his training but the goals don't come.

oZ4cPfy.png

A tough draw in the cups meant no lower league opposition to destroy which artificially raises the goal tally.

Minutes achieved this season

26, 34, 69, 86

Only 4 different minutes hit. This could take longer than I thought!
Favorite minute - 19 and 56, he has hit them 7 times....

Evidence

Spoiler

zrgJSA0.png

EyqE3IZ.png

MJHm37v.png

5PMtQ2x.png

Total Minutes completed

Minutes

11-20     11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 Completed
21-30     21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
31-40     31,33,34,35,36,38,39,40
41-50     41,42,43,44,45,47,48,49,50
61-70     61,62,64,65,66,67,69,70
81-90     81,82,84,85,86,88,89

Still 12 different minutes remaining

Team

I thought it was over at one point. I lost the Portuguese community shield and the Euro Super Cup and this was the start to the league. 32wehUd.png

A game in hand maybe but 1/4 of the season gone and already 14 points behind!!!! Please don't sack me.

9zDqfk1.png

Not sure about that to be honest. I said in season 1 that it felt a bit arcade game like and have long felt the game is harder if you play good and weaker to suite less skilled players.My decision to not sign anyone sees me fielding a weakish squad that probably shouldn't have won that.

Disaster in the cups mind. These lads bottle under the pressure in Finals and semis (very realistic for Benfica boys)

QwZ4Vog.png

Laugh of the season

Winning last years CL meant Club Championship games. We all know it's a chance to reach cricket scores and a chance for Jovic to score a bucket load.

xtzjaK6.png

Great, injured in the 9th minute of the semi (for 2 weeks). I'm sure his replacement won't score 5 including the 1st and 90th minute.

OolpsAk.png

This is when the frustration hits! So few mins needed but getting them is out of your control. The worse part of this challenge is it can drag towards the end if things aren't going your way. Keep the faith mate, I'm sure you'll get there soon! :D.