Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Working 4-2-3-1 on OME?

Schwantz34

Does anybody have a working 4-2-3-1 for the original engine?

I've tried many different ways with it but can't seen to get it going. I'm not talking with the superstar teams here though, so would appreciate a tactic that hasn't only been used with Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern etc.

With those sides just about anything works.

I don't think there's an OP 4231 ont he OME.

If I recall correctly, the best tactics on the original engine work with two or more strikes as that uses a weakness in the engine. But one striker tactics can be dismantled too easily if I'm not mistaken.

Had a quite a lot of success with a 4-2-3-1 at Real Sporting Gijon, a small Spanish team, but I also recall the occasional dodgy loss. Just to clarify, are you after a 4-2-3-1 with two Defensive mids or two Centre mids?

If you want the latter, try the following:

GK

WB, CD, CD, WB

CM, BWM

INF.    AP.       W

CF/AF/P

Can't guarantee it will work because the save was near the game's release, although it's a fairly logical setup.

I normally used Attacking, Pressing, Short passing, and sometimes Offside trap (that depends on your players though ).

6 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Had a quite a lot of success with a 4-2-3-1 at Real Sporting Gijon, a small Spanish team, but I also recall the occasional dodgy loss. Just to clarify, are you after a 4-2-3-1 with two Defensive mids or two Centre mids?

If you want the latter, try the following:

GK

WB, CD, CD, WB

CM, BWM

INF.    AP.       W

CF/AF/P

Can't guarantee it will work because the save was near the game's release, although it's a fairly logical setup.

I normally used Attacking, Pressing, Short passing, and sometimes Offside trap (that depends on your players though ).

Yeah two centre mids.

That looks similar to one of the setups I tried, but I'll give it a go with the differences I can see with yours.