Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

Hi Alari

I can't speak for others but when we get told on the 4th Oct by Neil Brock on the SI forum the new playable nations will be released soon and over a month later we are still waiting to hear it can be extremely frustrating (not excusing any abuse and not the way I will be conducting myself) but to just focus on the small minority and overlook those with genuine concerns that don't seem to have been answered is probably not the way you should be working (I'll buy it on the 17th anyway as I have done for every version since 2012) but maybe don't say we will hear soon if that was never going to happen, maybe should remove it as well

Developpers of the game doesn't speak about the news of the game, uuuuuff :( the last year was good communication, this year not, :( i'm angry because fans want to know what's news before buy a game :(

I hope, the silence of developpers is because the game will be a real football managing revolution this year

1 hour ago, Alari said:

There is plenty of detailed explanation there as to why a) we have chosen not to do it alongside PC and b) the timing. We are prepared to come on here and help people out/answer questions but not to take abuse and if people aren't commenting constructively it doesn't increase our desire to engage.

If you think back a few years there used to be nothing at all sometimes until a few hours before release.

Hi Alari,

I'm a long time lurker around here but I decided to make account just so I can follow SI folks in what they post.

Every time I get a notification I am hapy to see developers engaging community.

Do not let some internet bullies shoo you away - people who cry about timing of announcements and reveals for a video game will face priorities of adult life soon enough.

1 hour ago, Alari said:

There is plenty of detailed explanation there as to why a) we have chosen not to do it alongside PC and b) the timing. We are prepared to come on here and help people out/answer questions but not to take abuse and if people aren't commenting constructively it doesn't increase our desire to engage.

If you think back a few years there used to be nothing at all sometimes until a few hours before release.

I don't see your response as anything other than deflecting the fact you've got it wrong.

a few years ago isn't today, the way the world works if different from 2 years ago.

the problem with FMM is that you've done nothing with it over the last few years other than add a ton of features to line your pockets, editor, magic sponge, buy extra transfer budgets, this isn't staying true to the game or the people who buy the game, this is just pure business greed.

if SI concentrated on what's more important and in this situation the game as opposed to thinking of ways to make more money, you'd be onto a winner. 

Everyone knows the last 3 years have been a reskin, SI generally doesn't seem to listen to its customer/fan base, because if they did they would make more effort to implement the features into the game, some of which would be relatively easy to achieve.

people complain because you don't communicate properly, your previous posts don't tell us anything other than excuses as to why you haven't released any info yet, you'd of been better just saying x date is info release day.

SI is a company and if people don't like or have problems about products their going to moan, your making a rod for your own back. I don't condone nasty abuse, but most on hear just want a real honest reply as opposed to deflecting comments

i do really hope there are decent changes this year because I do enjoy the game but have been hugely disappointed the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Spraggs84 said:

I don't see your response as anything other than deflecting the fact you've got it wrong.

I've been explaining through the thread why we think we've got it right on this occasion with some specific rationales - let's see if the release bears this out or not. 

the last 3 years have been a reskin

We don't feel this is the case. If you go back to 2013 and then play 2016 I think you'll be surprised at the difference. The EME in particular is something we've been proud of even if it did take a while to get performance to a state we were happy with at first, it's a world away from the OME. During this time we've had My Club, manager and club histories, coaching, tactical enhancements and even a pretty much from-scratch UI overhaul.

some of which would be relatively easy to achieve.

It would surprise you how much work it is to add pretty much anything to such a complex game without breaking other parts of it. We're a small team. We have quite a few under the hood technical challenges to overcome. But we will keep pushing to do as much as we can. There are several of us still in the office working at 9.15pm tonight and this has been the case for months. We put in a lot of sweat every year to get this game out and hopefully make some people happy. Let's see if we have achieved that when it comes out.

9 minutes ago, Alari said:

I've been explaining through the thread why we think we've got it right on this occasion with some specific rationales - let's see if the release bears this out or not. 

We don't feel this is the case. If you go back to 2013 and then play 2016 I think you'll be surprised at the difference. The EME in particular is something we've been proud of even if it did take a while to get performance to a state we were happy with at first, it's a world away from the OME. During this time we've had My Club, manager and club histories, coaching, tactical enhancements and even a pretty much from-scratch UI overhaul.

It would surprise you how much work it is to add pretty much anything to such a complex game without breaking other parts of it. We're a small team. We have quite a few under the hood technical challenges to overcome. But we will keep pushing to do as much as we can. There are several of us still in the office working at 9.15pm tonight and this has been the case for months. We put in a lot of sweat every year to get this game out and hopefully make some people happy. Let's see if we have achieved that when it comes out.

You've stated you don't want it to get confused with FM, which I understand, but if your marketing team are good, clever marketing would surely be able to identify FM and FMM as different products to a customer base.

not releasing info because of impulse buys or what ever someone else said is nonsense, the game should be made for the fans, the year on year buyers, not the guy that sees a snickers bar at the till. These are the people who are getting annoyed.

i know the game has had developments over the last 3 years but not always the ones the players want, some additions have been welcomed but in my opinion not enough of the people who play the game are listened too. It's asking us what our favourite new feature would be and then you guys do something else.

its nice there adding new leagues, but the constant no info makes people scepticle about the game and wonder if there being let down again. I appreciate a lot of time and effort goes into adding new things to games, but SI needs to listen to its customers as opposed to agitating the situation.

its nice to see your lack of comment in regards to SI being money hungry, I suppose it would be suicidal to comment about it?

All I'm going to say is this is a fan site, not SI forums. I don't agree in the manor UKFS posted but you have to pick your arguments, other SI members seemed able to ignore it (seen a few active in here today). 

I'm not endorsing comments like that at all but I'm sick of reading the "we don't have to be here" comments every time someone says something you take offence to. Yes we are lucky to have you guys here and involved but the point of that is so you can see how we feel in a natural environment so stop attempting to threaten us into posting what you want to read. You do a good job and you'll get your pat on the back, you screw up and we will talk as fans and as friends, you just have the opportunity to read it. 

Does the line get crossed? Without a doubt but not all comments need a response. Plenty of actual questions and discussions got posted recently but that's the comment you decide to respond to? Looking for petty arguements instead of talking to the fans with issues that need addressing. 

I'm not looking for an arguement or even a discussion to be honest, just voicing my opinion on a fan site.

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

All I'm going to say is this is a fan site, not SI forums. I don't agree in the manor UKFS posted but you have to pick your arguments, other SI members seemed able to ignore it (seen a few active in here today). 

I'm not endorsing comments like that at all but I'm sick of reading the "we don't have to be here" comments every time someone says something you take offence to. Yes we are lucky to have you guys here and involved but the point of that is so you can see how we feel in a natural environment so stop attempting to threaten us into posting what you want to read. You do a good job and you'll get your pat on the back, you screw up and we will talk as fans and as friends, you just have the opportunity to read it. 

Does the line get crossed? Without a doubt but not all comments need a response. Plenty of actual questions and discussions got posted recently but that's the comment you decide to respond to? Looking for petty arguements instead of talking to the fans with issues that need addressing. 

I'm not looking for an arguement or even a discussion to be honest, just voicing my opinion on a fan site.

well  said Ash

Edited by teo7

We're happy to have criticism - it keeps us on our toes and gives us new ideas - but at the same time it's members of the community here that have requested that we come and engage more. This is something we're trying to do and while we're well aware it's not the SI forums, this does require a bit of give and take in terms of common courtesy. 

We can't reply to every comment at present, partly because we're so busy and partly because a lot of the answers people are after are ones we can't give right now. We're trying to drop in when we can and myself and Duffy have quite a few posts in this thread. We are human as well and - especially at a time when we're putting in so much work - downright unpleasantness can sting a bit and I'm prepared to step up and defend us as people  - SI is the family we're a part of.

I don't want to derail the thread, and now we're so close to release I hope to have some more time to come on here and answer what I can, and soon be able to give some fuller answers to the things we can't talk about yet!

Wow...

Never expected a response like that tbh

To the people saying about facing priorities of adult life hahahaha

Im 26 with a Wife and 2 kids pal so you got that horribly wrong I'm afraid

They dont seem to understand what we're saying so pointless arguing about it

The ONLY thing thats gone into this game thats decent and needed was the EME in my opinion

Editor = for money, end of

Coaches = utterly pointless 

Tactic Options = Decent but not overly needed and dont seem to make much difference from my experience

MyClub = hardly used imo

What else is there? cant remember any that jump at me but thats the problem really.

The marketing team should have said there will be news closer to release and thats all. saying coming weeks only generated false hope and saying about the leagues is just pointless as what can we do with that info??

If it wasnt mentioned we'd probably expect new leagues anyway getting more hype infact but now we're just all sat like plums waiting for the news cos thats all we can do

Either dont say anything or say it all imo 

And finally I apologize for my outburst but this game means alot to me and I HATE the way its marketed!!

Can I just ask why cant anything be said? incase competition steals the idea? because you dont have any competition lol 

Why cant you just come out and say boom heres the game! 

I remember a fews years back nothing got said until BANG a huge announcement with the EME and Editor etc with loads of new features and that worked really well because we had no idea what was going on but this time we do cos we got that silly announcement 5-6 weeks ago with nothing 

Just now, UKFootballScore said:

Can I just ask why cant anything be said? incase competition steals the idea? because you dont have any competition lol 

I remember a fews years back nothing got said until BANG a huge announcement with the EME and Editor etc with loads of new features and that worked really well because we had no idea what was going on but this time we do cos we got that silly announcement 5-6 weeks ago with nothing 

We may go back to that if we decide this year's approach hasn't worked but we won't know that until after release. As most people here know things have changed a bit on the production/management side on FMM and it's a good time to experiment a little.

I preferred that if I'm honest as we had an open mind with features and the site was buzzing with articles 

This time theres hardly anything other than what tactics you'll use or what team to be nothing about new features really

I'm reading the thread @Ashez but truth is, I didnt feel like I could add much more at this stage.

All I will reconfirm is that you'll get the full information about the game before the launch date and it wont be just the night of release either. Based on this, you can decide if the game is for you or not. 

I know you're all itching to find out more - there's not much longer to wait.

Then why did the announcement make out there was going to be an earlier announcement with features

Just creates angst in the community if I'm honest

I'd LOVE to chat to the marketing team cos they have no clue how to market a game with a community like this

18 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Cast your minds back to September, the accusations were that SI didn't care about FMM and it was being sidelined.

We revealed the packshot and let everyone know that 2 new leagues would be added, which is a much requested feature request. You say that is a 'sillly announcement'

For us, the next stage is to do the full feature reveal followed by the actual game release. 

How you're asking us to deliver the news of the release is different to much if not all the feedback I read in September. 

4 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Then why did the announcement make out there was going to be an earlier announcement with features

Just creates angst in the community if I'm honest

I'd LOVE to chat to the marketing team cos they have no clue how to market a game with a community like this

Happy to put you in touch with them, it would be good to hear your opinion without all the shouting. 

People tell me about how the previous years announcements were made and I cannot help but think that what we are planning is different and also better but you say otherwise. As a fan of the game, how did we announce FMM14,15 and 16 ?

Edited by Marc Duffy
6 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Sure worked to line Bethesda's coffers, the not announcing thing. I agree with you, on this one.

@Alari I think, if there's little to announce, it might be the best way to go. I understand you've asked for patience. I hope, in some way, you can understand where some of us are coming from. We eagerly await news. Yes, this is still "within the coming weeks," but I think we can both agree that in a case where something is eagerly expected, perhaps that may not have been the best way to go.

That said, I'm hopeful you and Marc will be able to reveal something soon. It has been nice to have you on the forums, and we appreciate that you're here. We want you here. I hope you can see some of this insanity for what I believe it is - we love this game dearly, just like you. 

1 hour ago, Marc Duffy said:

Happy to put you in touch with them, it would be good to hear your opinion without all the shouting. 

People tell me about how the previous years announcements were made and I cannot help but think that what we are planning is different and also better but you say otherwise. As a fan of the game, how did we announce FMM14,15 and 16 ?

2014 - Announcement of release on 12th November. Feature reveal on 13th and release on 14th. 

2015 - announcement of release on 17th November. Feature reveal on 18th, release on 20th 

2016 - Features in September around the 7th (FM reveal?). Release around 18th November. 

2017 - Announcement of leagues and release date October, radio silence up until Nov 11, release date 17th. 

No change what so ever yet, 2016 was way too early to dump all the info. I thought you nailed it with 2017 I really did. I expected what you announced, week later one of the league reveals, a week later the other, a week later another feature or something and so on, the hype would have been real. Or even showing a player screenie a day for a few weeks or so, just something but it turned into same old stuff as every other year. Tbh all this frustration was brought on by poor marketing in general but mainly poor wording and timing. Tbh this year is just as bad as the first two, as I've said the announcement of the announcements turned into nothing, you attempted to get us excited early with little info then failed to deliver up to a week before release. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I expected what you announced, week later one of the league reveals, a week later the other, a week later another feature or something and so on, the hype would have been real. Or even showing a player screenie a day for a few weeks or so, just something but it turned into same old stuff as every other year.

Speaking personally rather than as SI here I would love to see this tried if and when the platforms offer pre-order functionality, I think that would be ideal in such a circumstance. I'm sure they will provide it at some point.

12 minutes ago, Alari said:

Speaking personally rather than as SI here I would love to see this tried if and when the platforms offer pre-order functionality, I think that would be ideal in such a circumstance. I'm sure they will provide it at some point.

I think that is the perfect way, as long as it's paced well and in the right order. Hopefully we'll see an improved approach next year as this hasn't worked for years. 

With the weekend coming up, the release on Thursday and with the pattern above the reveal looks to be Monday or Tuesday. It's not night of release (confirmed above by Marc) so I'll assume it's not Wednesday. I'll put my money on Tuesday is reveal day, could be Monday but Tuesday feels more likely, come on who likes Monday's haha. 

'Over the coming Weeks' and 'Features to be confirmed soon' do seem a little misleading given the announcements that have been made (or lack of). Sounds like there may have been a change in strategy between the original announcement and now? 

It's not really that important, though, is it? Sure, it would be nice to hear news, but I'm not going to be able to play the game until 17th November. As the saying goes: 'the proof is in the pudding'. @Marc Duffy has said that the game will get better year on year. Surely that is enough to be optimistic about? @Alari mentioned that they have spent a lot of time looking at the 4-4-2 bug and refining the engine issues that have caused it. S.I. are aware of the issues with the game and are addressing them. 

That's all I need to be optimistic and excited for the game. Roll on next Thursday! 
:D

Like others have said, the abuse and nasty comments are unwarranted. However, I don't understand why we were told that more information would be available 'in the coming weeks', when SI must've known that that wasn't the case. It'd be like a person saying 'I have something to tell you', and when you ask what it is, they'd reply 'I can't say'. Instead of being excited about the release, people just seem to be annoyed by the delay in information. The two new playable nations don't  really excite me, as the last nations added were Rep. Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales. I expect one of the new nations to be either Iceland or Hungary. I'd much rather have the bugs fixed, than any new features 

54 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Like others have said, the abuse and nasty comments are unwarranted. However, I don't understand why we were told that more information would be available 'in the coming weeks', when SI must've known that that wasn't the case. It'd be like a person saying 'I have something to tell you', and when you ask what it is, they'd reply 'I can't say'. Instead of being excited about the release, people just seem to be annoyed by the delay in information. The two new playable nations don't  really excite me, as the last nations added were Rep. Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales. I expect one of the new nations to be either Iceland or Hungary. I'd much rather have the bugs fixed, than any new features 

Totally agree with you Paul (hope you're not a Saints fan btw!)...not sure what the big draw is to manage teams in what I assume will be 'minor' leagues. I'd rather see tweaks to the football commentary, maybe a couple of new stadiums, improvements to the financial side (TV money, prize money for cup progression etc) and more interaction with players, media, the board etc. Also, what do the betting odds really add to the game?

Been playing football manager games since my sinclair spectrum days. The series seems to have stagnated in recent years. Maybe at 43 I should grow up a bit more!

4 minutes ago, Mark Pea said:

Totally agree with you Paul (hope you're not a Saints fan btw!)...not sure what the big draw is to manage teams in what I assume will be 'minor' leagues. I'd rather see tweaks to the football commentary, maybe a couple of new stadiums, improvements to the financial side (TV money, prize money for cup progression etc) and more interaction with players, media, the board etc. Also, what do the betting odds really add to the game?

Been playing football manager games since my sinclair spectrum days. The series seems to have stagnated in recent years. Maybe at 43 I should grow up a bit more!

Odds are just to show who's favourite etc 

56 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Odds are just to show who's favourite etc 

Yeah I get that Ashez, it just doesn't add any value to the game. I like the odd bet now and again but even I don't think 'ooooh, Pompey are 7-4 favourites to win this game!'. It's meaningless and doesn't really effect the game as far as I can tell.

32 minutes ago, Mark Pea said:

Yeah I get that Ashez, it just doesn't add any value to the game. I like the odd bet now and again but even I don't think 'ooooh, Pompey are 7-4 favourites to win this game!'. It's meaningless and doesn't really effect the game as far as I can tell.

It's an effective way to reveal the information though, what would work better?