Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

22 minutes ago, dogie3317 said:

Still same.  how much i need to wait :/

SI (Marc and Jack) both reiterated SI's position over this yesterday. We need to be a little more patient and rely on SI's marketing team.

1 minute ago, TheHirinator said:

Any news?

Nope, not recently. They're making us wait though, so hopefully when we do get news it'll be exciting.

I don't really understand the 'just be patient' replies. All we're looking for are reasons to be excited about the new game, no one is asking for an early release date, or every single detail of the new game to be announced . After the let down of last year's game, I don't think that we're being unreasonable. The developers know what is going to be in the game so why not give us something to spur on enthusiasiasm 

I don't want to appear  petty or entitled, but my hopes for the game definitely aren't as high as they were a few years ago 

3 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I don't really understand the 'just be patient' replies. All we're looking for are reasons to be excited about the new game, no one is asking for an early release date, or every single detail of the new game to be announced . After the let down of last year's game, I don't think that we're being unreasonable. The developers know what is going to be in the game so why not give us something to spur on enthusiasiasm 

I don't want to appear  petty or entitled, but my hopes for the game definitely aren't as high as they were a few years ago 

Be aware the PC game sells a lot and this is very close to release.

3 minutes ago, Dec said:

Be aware the PC game sells a lot and this is very close to release.

Yeah, I know, but as members of a site dedicated to FMM, they can assume that we're going to buy the game, so I don't see the problem in telling us about a few features. I understand why doing it on twitter wouldn't make sense. 

3 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Yeah, I know, but as members of a site dedicated to FMM, they can assume that we're going to buy the game, so I don't see the problem in telling us about a few features. I understand why doing it on twitter wouldn't make sense. 

I doubt SI would plan their whole marketing strategy around a site that wouldn't make it a viable game.

5 minutes ago, Dec said:

I doubt SI would plan their whole marketing strategy around a site that wouldn't make it a viable game.

My point was, we're not casual fans, any reveals on here wouldn't be lost or forgotten about in the way that they might if they were announced on twitter in the lead up to the PC game being released. 

1 minute ago, SaintPaul said:

My point was, we're not casual fans, any reveals on here wouldn't be lost or forgotten about in the way that they might if they were announced on twitter in the lead up to the PC game being released. 

The thing is we aren't a big enough to have a marketing strategy around. It would be a waste of SI's time and money to do that knowing they can cause a bigger splash closer to the time and we will pick up on it anyway.

1 minute ago, Dec said:

The thing is we aren't a big enough to have a marketing strategy around. It would be a waste of SI's time and money to do that knowing they can cause a bigger splash closer to the time and we will pick up on it anyway.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, I just feel like I need something to boost my enthusiasm after FMM last year, I tried to be positive about it for the first few weeks after its release, but it really was a letdown. 

9 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, I just feel like I need something to boost my enthusiasm after FMM last year, I tried to be positive about it for the first few weeks after its release, but it really was a letdown. 

Trust me it is better than past years of an announcement the day before release.

I think the way they have said about news coming in the next few weeks wasnt needed as that gave us false hope we'd get news by now and we'll get maybe something just before release again as per

FM isnt out until 4th and Jack or Marc have mentione post FM aswell so dont expect any news until 10th-11th AT LEAST

Also would it not make sense to release features and news about FMM alongside FM so those FM players actually read it instead of them ignoring like normal??

10 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

I think the way they have said about news coming in the next few weeks wasnt needed as that gave us false hope we'd get news by now and we'll get maybe something just before release again as per

FM isnt out until 4th and Jack or Marc have mentione post FM aswell so dont expect any news until 10th-11th AT LEAST

Also would it not make sense to release features and news about FMM alongside FM so those FM players actually read it instead of them ignoring like normal??

I like that last point. Would draw in some more interest for those PC users that don't like FMT or C or whatever it's called.

4 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

I like that last point. Would draw in some more interest for those PC users that don't like FMT or C or whatever it's called.

15 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

We had more 'joint' marketing for the two products last year and it led to some confusion - a lot of people thought the game was actually more like a mobile client for the PC game or an attempt to replicate the PC experience on mobile. So we're trying very much the opposite to see how results differ.

Also, mobile apps are usually impulse buys, and since pre-order functionality isn't yet available on the app stores, it makes little sense to have a big campaign when the game can't even be bought yet.

Edited by Alari
9 minutes ago, Alari said:

We had more 'joint' marketing for the two products last year and it led to some confusion - a lot of people thought the game was actually more like a mobile client for the PC game or an attempt to replicate the PC experience on mobile. So we're trying very much the opposite to see how results differ.

Also, mobile apps are usually impulse buys, and since pre-order functionality isn't yet available on the app stores, it makes little sense to have a big campaign when the game can't even be bought yet.

You can pre-order on Apple now with iOS10.

21 minutes ago, Dec said:

You can pre-order on Apple now with iOS10.

In terms of apps (rather than books/films/music) only Mario from what I can understand, which is an exclusive deal they have.

Edited by Alari
34 minutes ago, Alari said:

In terms of apps (rather than books/films/music) only Mario from what I can understand, which is an exclusive deal they have.

Speaking of Mario, any thoughts towards FMM or FMT on the Nintendo Switch? Portable pad with TV pay? Assuming it is a touch screen at this point though unless FMT PC can use a controller? 

Nintendo are apparently going to port their mobile games to it so it could be an easy process, thought I'd ask anyway haha. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Speaking of Mario, any thoughts towards FMM or FMT on the Nintendo Switch? Portable pad with TV pay? Assuming it is a touch screen at this point though unless FMT PC can use a controller? 

Nintendo are apparently going to port their mobile games to it so it could be an easy process, thought I'd ask anyway haha. 

Nowhere near enough info out there yet to be able to have any idea as to the practicability. 

12 minutes ago, Alari said:

Nowhere near enough info out there yet to be able to have any idea as to the practicability. 

I did expect a flat no so I'll take that lol. 

7 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Would SEGA ever entertain that idea? I don't think they would. 

Sega and Nintendo are close. Last year Nintendo had three exclusive Sonic titles for example, all crap but hey. 

Nintendo is pushing for the older fans and the sports market is massive, it could be a decent draw for both parties if easy to do. 

18 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

I think the way they have said about news coming in the next few weeks wasnt needed as that gave us false hope we'd get news by now 

I totally agree with that. I'm relatively new to the game and I'm at the point in which I've been coming to this forum regularly trying to find up to date information about FMM 17 and to no avail. It's been weeks and all we know is the same as 20 days ago, which was hardly something to be excited about, at least on a personal note because I don't see myself playing leagues other than the major European ones. If any, and I hope to be proven wrong in this point, I tend to think that there will be no big improvements in this year's release in terms of the manager point of view. Also, if the 442 bug is indeed fixed, I highly doubt the would even announce it, but rather let the players see it for themselves. I don't think that a big "We've fixed the worst part of the game" sign is not exactly good in marketing terms.

I don't think anyone wanted or expected an announcement relating to the 442 bug lol. It's been asked multiple times and people have just wanted to know if it's fixed, to some that's a deal breaker. So far we've been told they're looking at it or whatever which is why the topic hasn't gone away. If the response was we believe it's fixed and as long as that was honest we'd likely be happy and move on.

I don't feel everything has to be a big announcement or a big reveal, just mentioning the bug is fixed would be enough, it's not like we expect it to be 2017's tag line haha. But while we haven't been told it's fixed we're naturally going to think it hasn't been kinda thing. Is it even a bug the mass market/more casual fans even picked up on I wonder? At this point we just have to hope it's fixed come release :) 

I think @UKFootballScorehit the nail on the head there though, the issue was with the wording and what it implies. That makes you think an announcement is coming in a few weeks whereas if they said closer to release or something we'd be less expecting? Just my opinion anyway. 

They should have said further news will come after the release of FM.

Simple as that really

Cant argue with it and we all know the deal, no reason why that couldnt have been said just incredibly poor marketing team clearly! 

If I was SI I'd hire @Dec and co to market the game as I feel dec would do a far better job than most at that

12 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

If I was SI I'd hire @Dec and co to market the game as I feel dec would do a far better job than most at that

From a hard core fan point of view I think that would make perfect sense. However, I don't think SI's idea is to convince an already existing fan base into buying the game. Their goal must be to expand the game's fan base with new players.

I think that we need to be thankful that we got opportunity at all to play this game, because I think that they dont have big income on this version, and there main product is PC and now Tablet version of game, and not Mobile. We also need to pray that one day they will not say we are canceling Mobile version, because there is not any profit (just joke).....what I realy want to say is that if FMM17 going to cost us 20/30  euros/dollars/pounds, I will still buy it because I really like this game, and I don't have any time to play FM on my laptop (last version which I played was FM2012 or FM2013)....so I just hope that I wont be disapointed like FMM16......and yes I'm cheering for some news about FMM17.

25 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

Mobile brings much more profit then tablet version, PC is superior of course

Je meštre,al pitanje je dana kad ce odje*at za mobitele i radit samo za PC i Tablete

Edited by groove22
8 hours ago, Alari said:

Surely the hype generated from feature unvielings just gets people more excited and in a better mood for the game. Any information is more enticing than none.