Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 1k Against All Odds

This is a spin off of the following career. 

1k Against All Odds

The Year is 2020 and a young  Portuguese forward named Rui Gama has just put pen to paper on his first professional contract.
Rui is not a stand out player but his club, Benfica have to work with what they have.

Back in 2016 UEFA hit Benfica with an unprecedented 30 year transfer ban due to constant rule breaking around 3rd party player ownership.
As a result Benfica can only use players that they produce through their Youth and B Team Squads.
This transfer ban gives young players the chance to prove their worth and earn a place in the first team. 

Rui forced his way into the first team but disaster struck early on in his young career. Gama was diagnosed with an ultra rare heart condition.
His condition directly affected his stamina and put him at great risk of heart failure. 

hdT5bO8.png

The Portuguese League quickly banned the player from playing professional football but a twist was to come.
Benfica took the case to the high courts and the ruling was overturned due to the transfer ban already in place at Benfica.
The courts decided that as Benfica were banned from signing players they couldn't be stopped from using their own players even though this was a special case.
Part of the ruling included the stipulation that Rui Gama must never play longer than 55 minutes during a game and cannot play a match without 4 days rest between games.

This news was just the first step for Rui and Benfica.
The health condition was still there and though legally possible it was doubtful that Rui could physically play again.

The legal proceedings were world wide news and Boca Jnrs in Argentina learned of Rui's misfortune.
Boca are not only the biggest football team in Argentina, they also own the largest pharmaceutical company in South America.
This company happened to produce a drug that could stabilse  Gama's condition and reduce the risks significantly. 

Boca sensed an opportunity though and refused to sell the medication to Benfica. 
Instead a deal was stuck that would see Rui Gama fly to Argentina and play for Boca Jnrs every January before heading back to Benfica for the start of February. 
The deal was called Simplico Internationalio Buenos (Aires) Ungletti Gentico

or

SI BUG for short.

bdvyYzU.png

Rui Gama felt a huge sense of release and actually improved as a player. He scored at a ratio of a goal every 2 games, a ratio that most would be pleased with.
Having made it this far in his career Gama had learned not to accept his fate or settle for second best.

He wanted more.
He wanted to be remembered
He wanted to become a legend.
He wanted the 1k!

On the eve of his 24th Birthday he had scored 240 goals for Benfica.
People said it wasn't possible to reach 1000 career goals from this point.
Rui reminded them that he shouldn't of even scored 1........

Y1jaSEF.png

The odds Against him

• No Signing of any kind for the entire save. Only using B Team Players and pot luck regens when First and B Team players became too old.
  • Stamina issues
  • Bug sending him off to Argentina resulting in him acting like a new player and 'unable to settle' completely stopping his scoring until message goes away (Feb time)
  • Rui used as a squad player in another challenge so not too many goals by the time he is 24.

Now that was bizarre and creative haha, glad you decided to post this. Personally I like to call them SIgh but your name works to haha

11 hours ago, Roffatje said:

Just brilliant!

10 hours ago, Real_Random said:

This looks like a great career mate. Hopefully you cam break the 1KC with an older player

9 hours ago, Risheek said:

Good luck mate. An interesting idea and the transfer ban is gonna be very hard to cope with. Especially coz you will find it hard to challenge for European trophies then. Good luck 

4 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

What a unique and intriguing 1kc attempt I will look forward to seeing how you go, good luck mate.

Thanks for the support guys.

45 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I like this. "F*** the bugs. I'm doing this 1kc!" Haha good luck mate.

Exactly, if it works out it will be my best accomplishment to date.

41 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I have never seen this bug, is it on the EME?

It's on OME mate. To be honest I can't blame the game too much as I am doing some rather strange things in this save and I don't think the creators ever planned for someone to play it this way.

No signings in 14 seasons and I have broken the bank. £2.5 Billion for transfer funds and then that broke as well. Now I can't adjust budgets and it is locked at £190 million transfer funds but £40 million a week for wages lol.

Remember guys, Rui Gama doesn't want a cure, he just wants the opportunity to play the game we all love.

Just 2 comments a week can help support someone with Rui's condition and give hope where there once was none.

About the transfer funds (copied from wiki): "The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFF,FFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers (e.g., as int ) in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games."

Basically, you had more money than is possible for the game to store! 

Edited by Jack Joyce

Thanks Jack, I'm happy with this and in no way thought it was a bug. I didn't know the exact number but I knew it would stop somewhere.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

About the transfer funds (copied from wiki): "The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFF,FFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers (e.g., as int ) in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games."

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

So all we have to do to resolve this Brexit nonsense is to transform the British healthcare system into a programming language?
->Profit

Over and Out

I will do my best to stay positive but basically the game has had my pants down and this is not a happy update.

The master plan was to update this every 2 or 3 days but the save would always be 3 or 4 seasons ahead. I didn't want to go for the traditional season by season update and was going to just concentrate on milestones, 500 goals, 750 and then 1k!

9UVCbps.png

I am a year and a half further on than this and Gama had just had his best season (91 goals but you will have to take my word on that).

At the beginning of the 31/32 season he had started very slow but with a couple of goals I thought he was just about to reach 600.

wSS1c3Q.png

Now this is the exact moment it hit me. The new contract sign over game 1!!!
I hadn't given him a new contract!!!!

I clicked on his history page and BOOM!

V0uoooC.png

All his history has be wiped and that new contract sign means he has just be signed????

I have checked the auto saves and the official save but as I saved after this had happened without realising, it's game over dude.

I said I was going to keep positive so here goes.

fmhn45Z.pngGEXKQ8P.png

15 League wins from 16 Seasons and 8 Champions Leagues.
Not a single player bought or signed during the entire save.
Broke the Bank

It's quite fitting that it ends here. Renato Sanchez is still in my starting X1 (old git) but I have just released Guedes and Jovic and this was going to be the first season without them.

Please FMM17 be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Alari said:

Regarding Rui Gama - can you confirm the club he first spawned at - was it SLB?

Yes that is correct. 

OK, that's interesting. We fixed a bug with similar symptoms to this a few months ago but in that case we would expect the player to have originally started elsewhere. I don't suppose you have a save from further back, as early as possible in his career (I'm guessing from what you've said, likely not...)?

Had me cracking up in laughter. Having seen you so pissed off at this bug previously, it's impressive that you made such an incredible joke out of the situation. Shame it's now come to another abrupt and dissapointing end.

Tell me, did Rui ever get that cure?

9 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Had me cracking up in laughter. Having seen you so pissed off at this bug previously, it's impressive that you made such an incredible joke out of the situation. Shame it's now come to another abrupt and dissapointing end.

Tell me, did Rui ever get that cure?

Unfortunately Rui slipped away peacefully last night surrounded by loved ones.

8 hours ago, kts365 said:

If you have your screenshot from the missing seasons a little maths will make your challenge doable still

For speed I didn't take any team or individual team pics as the team performance wasn't part of this and I was only going to update Rui at 500, 750 and then 1k. I know he finished on 593 but without actually seeing the numbers it's worthless to me. I may have needed to use his international goals to get this done and I can't remember his total for that. 

12 hours ago, Alari said:

OK, that's interesting. We fixed a bug with similar symptoms to this a few months ago but in that case we would expect the player to have originally started elsewhere. I don't suppose you have a save from further back, as early as possible in his career (I'm guessing from what you've said, likely not...)?

Hi Alari, in my annoyance I must have only checked the Auto Saves. 

I do have a save with 5 or so games remaining of the previous season. I played on (scoring less goals, 88) and started the new season. Everything is fine until the second competitive match and that's when it happens. 

I thought the history page couldn't handle the amount of information because he has been playing since 16/17 so 11 seasons but each season he has two history slots SLB and Boca. Could it be too many rows?

If you want the save you will need to give me an idiots guide to sending it. I know mean idiots, step by step please. 

5 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Hi Alari, in my annoyance I must have only checked the Auto Saves. 

I do have a save with 5 or so games remaining of the previous season. I played on (scoring less goals, 88) and started the new season. Everything is fine until the second competitive match and that's when it happens. 

I thought the history page couldn't handle the amount of information because he has been playing since 16/17 so 11 seasons but each season he has two history slots SLB and Boca. Could it be too many rows?

If you want the save you will need to give me an idiots guide to sending it. I know mean idiots, step by step please. 

Hi - it's possible it may have overflowed the maximum number of rows but obviously we would want to get down to the root cause of the issue rather than just paper over the symptoms.

Here's a guide to accessing the saves, you should be able to long-press on them when you find them and share by email. Please send to help@sega.co.uk and let them know I've specifically requested it. Let me know if you need me to go into more detail!

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/206011901-Android-How-to#saves

@Alari

save was sent this morning. Obviously it's the weekend now but hopefully you will have chance to look next week. 

I counted 25 slots used in history so that may cause an issue?

RE the Argentina bug, checking back through the history I sent him out on loan to hurricanes is Argentina in the first season but quickly recalled him (because of injury), possibly could of triggered this. 

Playing the new season with history wiped shows that he is a new signing from a low division team bought for peanuts. 

Update

I could not let this save go. It got more bizarre and challenging the longer it went but finally I have finished my first and last save of 2016. I'm sharing as one or two of you may be interested in the conclusion.

This is a little complicated so please stay with me. Rui kept disappearing to Boca every January which makes his history page a real mess. Half way through his entire history was deleted and it looks like he is a new signing for me. After this history 'reset' he then goes on loan to Portuguese clubs every year often 2 different clubs in the same year!!!!

I did say it was a bizarre save...

Luckily I had a screen shot taken just before his history was wiped. By adding this and his 'new' history together we get our result.

qc4ho22.png

psQHXrI.png

589 + 430 = 1019

Not so fast...............

Now we have to work out all his goals whilst on 'loan'

Boca= 6
Osperario Acores= 1
Ad Oliveirense= 4

He played for other teams on 'loan' but didn't score.

Total = 11

Benfica club total = 1008 Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenges faced

He had his stamina problem that I covered at the start of this thread but those loan moves really killed him. Most seasons so January completely wasted as he 'struggled to adapt to the team' when he thought he had just joined me. Unfortunately after that history wipe it stretched out into March...

40ho2xU.png

The other obvious challenge is not signing anyone. You really have to adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of the players you have available to you and a lot of it comes down to pot luck. The last couple of season saw a couple of real quality players spawn in my team. I also had a world class CB about 3-4 seasons into the save. Tactics have to be flexible to fit what you have available.

Challenging but good fun!

Success?

21 full seasons played. Won the League 20 times and the CL 10 times. Not bad I would say given the challenges faced.

66y9N74.png

a6khUZZ.png

5 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Update

I could not let this save go. It got more bizarre and challenging the longer it went but finally I have finished my first and last save of 2016. I'm sharing as one or two of you may be interested in the conclusion.

This is a little complicated so please stay with me. Rui kept disappearing to Boca every January which makes his history page a real mess. Half way through his entire history was deleted and it looks like he is a new signing for me. After this history 'reset' he then goes on loan to Portuguese clubs every year often 2 different clubs in the same year!!!!

I did say it was a bizarre save...

Luckily I had a screen shot taken just before his history was wiped. By adding this and his 'new' history together we get our result.

qc4ho22.png

psQHXrI.png

589 + 430 = 1019

Not so fast...............

Now we have to work out all his goals whilst on 'loan'

Boca= 6
Osperario Acores= 1
Ad Oliveirense= 4

He played for other teams on 'loan' but didn't score.

Total = 11

Benfica club total = 1008 Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenges faced

He had his stamina problem that I covered at the start of this thread but those loan moves really killed him. Most seasons so January completely wasted as he 'struggled to adapt to the team' when he thought he had just joined me. Unfortunately after that history wipe it stretched out into March...

40ho2xU.png

The other obvious challenge is not signing anyone. You really have to adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of the players you have available to you and a lot of it comes down to pot luck. The last couple of season saw a couple of real quality players spawn in my team. I also had a world class CB about 3-4 seasons into the save. Tactics have to be flexible to fit what you have available.

Challenging but good fun!

Success?

21 full seasons played. Won the League 20 times and the CL 10 times. Not bad I would say given the challenges faced.

66y9N74.png

a6khUZZ.png

Get in mate. 

Glad you didn't let this one lie. Well done!