Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Who has been your worst signing on the current game?

SaintPaul

I thought I was getting a good deal when, at Ipswich,  I signed James Forrest from Celtic for £175,000 in the 17/18 season. Unfortunately one assist and no goals in 53 appearences over 18 months proved otherwise. He moved on to Gillingham, and scored 11 goals and created 16 in his first season there... 

I signed an Irish played called Jamie McConigle from Coleraine at Welling United and performed great then I earned a move to Portsmouth and took him along was brilliant again plenty of goals and assists all the way to the Championship at centre forward!

I ended that save and started a new one at another league club signed him again from Coleraine at the same time in his development but he didn't perform and ended up selling him off ?

Signed a regen Brazilian Midfielder once with Marseille for around 5 million. At the time he was young and highly rated by my scouts. I didn't pay any attention to his teamwork stat, which stood at a measly 5.

Averaged something like a 6.2 in 15 games so he went on various loan spells, where I hoped his form would be rejuvenated. In short, it wasn't. He left the club on a free 3 years later, having been one if my highest earners with a wage of over 50k a week! 

Ravel Morrison. constant messages about his poor training attitude. he hates any and all training and his stamina and all other attributes drop as a result. worst bit is I gave him a 5 year contract.

My worst signing on FMM16? 

Well, it's this guy.

Screenshot_20161028-175915.png

Screenshot_20161028-175924.png

I wasn't in desperate need of a striker but after gaining promotion to the Championship I decided I would get a goal machine in case things don't go as  expected. So I searched for the highest goalscorers in the various leagues that I could afford and I found him in league 1, he scored 22 in 49 which is not the best but he was better than what I had so I played the transfer fee which was a lot for me and he wanted double of what the highest earner of the club was earning and I gave it to him going against my policy and he was rubbish but at the end of the day I was happy I made a lot of profit after selling him in January   

9 hours ago, hakuren7 said:

Zlatan regen. constantly injured every 2-3 games

That's interesting. Mine often had injury issues, generally got through about 30-40 games a season though, so about 70% of my total fixtures. What about yours, did his form suffer as a result. Mine (his name was Jonsson) always got around 40 goals a season, so his form definitely did not suffer.

Ronaldinho's and Kaka's regens with Oporto. Curiously they named Victor Andrade dos Santos and Douglas Andrade dos Santos, lol.

In two seasons they created less than 10 goals and I sold them to PSG and United respectively.

But then in 2026 World Cup, Victor was the maximum goalscorer and he scored the winner goal in the final. 

Probably it would be Jack Grealish of Aston Villa, he was promising in the first half of the first season scoring 8 goals, 10 assists in 10 games. I bought him for 10 mil Euros with Romero, since I trust my youth because I am managing United and looking for some gems by not spending much. Turns out after 2 seasons, he got 5 goals, 10 assists in 30 games because Memphis was injured and Januzaj needs rotation. I shipped him off to Sevilla for 9 mil Euros and actually became a one season wonder there and just subsided the following seasons.