Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Who are you going to manage in FMM17?

Dec

With FMM17 only 19 days away who are you going to manage and sign in FMM17? Do you have everything planned out or are you going to load the game then pick everything on instinct?

I'm not yet decided. Think I'll have a look around first, will largely depend on the extent of the presence of competition changes (like U23 teams in the JPT) and the new leagues.

Wouldn't mind a Southampton or Everton save though.

I will be starting with my favourite club Sheffield United and trying my best to get them out of league 1 and back to the premier league. Star players for me will be Billy Sharp, Ethan Ebanks-Landall (On loan from Wolves), and Matty Done

Probably start with Newcastle (I always start a save with them but only because I support them).

Then I'll probably be RB Leipzig. They're looking pretty decent this season so I fancy a save with them.

As a Chelsea fan it goes without saying who my first save will be,

My second save is reserved for an Italian team either Roma or Palma not decided.

My third save I will as always start unemployed and strive to get that job offer from the MIGHTY CHELSEA, it's a little challenge I always do, only managed it once in FMH 15.

My fourth save will be my experimental save where I try out different tactics and have a closer look at players.

Not sure about what players to sign yet although I do have my eye on a couple.

Watch this space.

I would be managing OGC Nice.

It may not be my first save  it I would definitely manage them so I can try to give Balotelli a chance to revive his career and since in real life he plays an important role in the position there are now in the league 

I never plan ahead of this things. I like choosing a team I've never heard about, normally from some lower league, and try to build a carreer over that. 

Oh, and if Argentine league is added, Boca Juniors. I have a save with them in FM16 PC and Tévez is absolutely god. In 3 seasons he scored 100 league goals and won the Ballon D'Or. Hope he's as good as FM16.

Edinburgh City. I've been in love with the city ever since I first went there.  I also visited Inverness ('capital of the highlands') but it didn't even come near Edinburgh. So I'm happy there'll be a team to latch my emotions onto.

For the first time in years I'm not sure, I went into 2015 and 2016 with the challenge, players and club basically set but nothing much is interesting me ATM. 

I have a tactic I've been working on recently so testing that out will likely be one of the first things I do. Really hoping for a few new features which I can use to improve it. 

I also have a long list of players I want to look at, basically any player that seems of interest from anywhere I've been screen shotting for months so I have a pretty decent amount to check in on. Hopefully one of them manages to inspire something, a few do have potential that's for sure. 

I have 4 career paths that I want to do this time:

1. Portugal only, play as FCP, get a son.
  2. England only, play as Salford, climb all the way to the top, be the best
  3. Scotland only, play as Edinburgh, do the same as Salford
  4. Portugal as main league, England, Spain and Italy - Pick a second division team in Portugal and see where that takes me, considering job offers.

#2 and #3 are tied on my list of choices, doesn't necessarily mean that I'll play England first.

But, if I get a decent enough tablet before FMM17 comes out I might not buy FMM at all and play Football Manager Touch instead since FMM will end up being more of the same thing like in previous editions...

29 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

I have 4 career paths that I want to do this time:

1. Portugal only, play as FCP, get a son.
  2. England only, play as Salford, climb all the way to the top, be the best
  3. Scotland only, play as Edinburgh, do the same as Salford
  4. Portugal as main league, England, Spain and Italy - Pick a second division team in Portugal and see where that takes me, considering job offers.

#2 and #3 are tied on my list of choices, doesn't necessarily mean that I'll play England first.

But, if I get a decent enough tablet before FMM17 comes out I might not buy FMM at all and play Football Manager Touch instead since FMM will end up being more of the same thing like in previous editions...

That's what they want :P 

Or it's what I believe they wanted before Touch flopped, the last few months however suggest FMM does have it's own future even if 2017 isn't the leap forward it needed to be. 

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's what they want :P 

Or it's what I believe they wanted before Touch flopped, the last few months however suggest FMM does have it's own future even if 2017 isn't the leap forward it needed to be. 

I only played FMH because my laptop wasn't good enough to run FM. And my current tablet isn't good enough to run FMT :P FMM hasn't evolved, really. It's more of a database update and while it keeps me hooked at first, the rush is starting to go away sooner and sooner. With FMT I might not play as many season but I will be more involved. But we're getting too offtopic :)

Most likely the normal game i do every year :) to be honest i havent actually managed any team other then the my club team i do each year. im more focused on making graphical content lol.

First save will have to be the Wombles. Tried them on a whim in '10, and I've found myself a loyal supporter (Does ANYONE know how or where to get footage of League 1 matches? I'm not in the UK, so Sky or the Beeb aren't accessible for me, and I'm more likely to blow up my house than properly configure a VPN) Take them to the top and keep them there. 

After that, it'll be my beloved Chelsea. Get a son, dabble for a few more years and see how the kid does.

This year, I think I might be ready and familiar enough with the franchise and European football to really give some of the challenges a go. 

Edited by BleedsBlue
My phone's hyperaggressive autocorrect