Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Would you quit FMM if...

Jens

Would you quit the game if your nation were to be omitted?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you quit the game if your nation were to be omitted?

• Yes, I would quit the game
    • No, I would still buy the game
    • I would quit if a nation got deleted, even if that isn't my nation

...SI quit support for your nation's home league(s)?

Imagine this: the game would remain exactly how it is, the only thing that would be different would be that the competition of your country would be deleted (e.g. due to licensing issues). I know this might be reality for people in Brazil, come FMM17, but what if they had the same issue with English leagues? Or Spanish? Would you still buy the game if they didn't feature?

I know I would. I started playing FMH back in 2005-2006, when the Belgian competition wasn't even around yet (it appeared first on the 2007 iteration). But I'd still love to play the game in other countries. Doesn't mean I'd like it though; Belgium is awesome as ****.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Something I've always wondered but in the other way, like we don't get Russia as the game doesn't sell there but would it actually sell if their league was on the game etc. 

As for the question I'm really not sure. I personally don't stick to England that much but having the option is always appealing. If England was removed it would be a massive blow but as I don't play there that often it's hard to say, I know I'd be furious put it that way haha. 

Potentially losing Brazil is a massive blow as it's a great league and the only unique one on the game. Also would losing Brazil cost us the South American national teams? Dec recently pointed out each continent with playable national teams has at least one league so would we lose them all (Brazil, Argentinia, Columbia etc) unless say Argentinia were added as the replacement league? Tbh I really hope Brazil is still on the game, it's really one my favourite leagues. 

I would still play the game if Portugal was cut because playing from the Conference North/South upwards has the same interest for me as playing as FCP.

But for the 1KC'ers out there, cutting Portugal would be a major blow since most people either play as FCP or SLB.

for the last 3-4 years i have been doing graphical content more than actually playing the game apart from doing the forum team each year. so i would still buy the game to do graphical content.

I'm somewhat surprised by how the voting is going, I hope this list is never used for evil haha. "Why buy that licence again they'll buy it regardless" haha. 

If Ireland or Australia were deleted no one would care, but if England, Spain or Italy were deleted, the game would lose a lot of players IMO

No, I would certainly avoid the title, upon further thought.(This surprised no one)

I got halfway through a post about how I'd consider it if some leagues were omitted but then realised the absurd line I was trying to draw.

Pulling features at this point would be the final straw. I'll go amuse myself with Retro Football Boss or throw a copy of 12 back in my psp and be done with it, or pick up some other CM clone. I just can't see the game losing any of the leagues it has. And I've never played a Brazil or Aussie save. In the near decade I've played this series, it's been 100% England. Brazil and Oz are just part of the game for me. 

Edit: I should clarify, this has nothing to do with my prior comments. It's a standing gripe I've had for years. Stripping existing functioning features for any sake just isn't okay.  How long before they're stripping loans longer than 3 months back out of the game? Or the ability to improve facilities? Will those omitted features return later as paid dlc? It's a horribly slippery slope, and one we've all seen other software giants tread and tumble upon. 

Apologies for ending a sentence upon a preposition. Bad form, I know. It's late.

Edited by BleedsBlue
Clarified point

It's gonna be funny if they remove Brazil or something and end up adding some leagues in countries such as Vietnam or USSR. Probably gonna happen and heard it here first...

11 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

It's gonna be funny if they remove Brazil or something and end up adding some leagues in countries such as Vietnam or USSR. Probably gonna happen and heard it here first...

USSR? We aren't in the past. Though Russia is a good league to add in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Dec said:

USSR? We aren't in the past. Though Russia is a good league to add in my opinion.

Well SI clearly are so I decided using their time-frame would be more appropriate...