Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll What Formation will you be using

Which formation will you be using in FMM17  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which formation are you most likely to use on FMM17

4-3-3

Surely there is no other!

Attack Attack Attack. I'm only happy is I score more than 2.6 a game and concede less than 0.7. I can't see there being too much difference to the engines in 17. 

I want to try out Conte his 3-4-3 formation!

3 in the back with the most central positioned defender as a ball playing def. and the other 2 as central def.

The wide midfielders both as wide mid. cause they need to run up and down the flanks. 2 central midfielders, one as a BWM and the other BBM.

The left and right forwards as trequartistas. Main striker as a deep lying forward. 

I can't wait to try this.

Edited by TheHirinator
1 hour ago, Chelsea8 said:

A month ago: 4-2-3-1. Now, 3-4-3. 

Same I've been trying it out on 16.

I think the MIGHTY CHELSEA have proven it to be a dominant formation.

I love how everyone forgets Liverpool's dominating three at the back that should have won us the league :P 

On a serious note I'm not sure, depends how lone strikers fair as I haven't trusted them at all in the last two years. Hopefully they do the job as I'm stick to death of using 433's and the like. 

Saying that though I do have a very solid 433 type shape I've been working on (based on Klopp's 433) which I'm hoping to perfect on 2017. It has some issues but mainly things outside of my control so I'm praying for more options to make it even more dominating.  

I have always been a narrow formation man...4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-1-2-3 but I was experimenting with wingers and forwards in the wide position so I think I will start with those but I know I will default back if things go wrong.

I'm working on a varied 433 (which seems to be OK so far but as @Ashez mentioned to me before just because it works on FMM16 doesn't mean it will on the new game but i can hope)

Also try out my two original tactics (3232 and 4222) to see how they fair

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 14:38, TheHirinator said:

I want to try out Conte his 3-4-3 formation!

3 in the back with the most central positioned defender as a ball playing def. and the other 2 as central def.

The wide midfielders both as wide mid. cause they need to run up and down the flanks. 2 central midfielders, one as a BWM and the other BBM.

The left and right forwards as trequartistas. Main striker as a deep lying forward. 

I can't wait to try this.

Two trequartistas with a deep lying forward.Who is goin to put the ball in the net.

A good argument could me made that Messi and CR7 play the Treq role from an attacking midfield position. Can we continue to ignore 2 of the best players in generations possibly in the history of the game?

On 11/7/2016 at 09:26, rseven said:

I am interested in 3 defender formation. I hope BPD will really work in FMM2017.

Having played in plenty of them I've also got a soft spot for a 3 at the back of some sort.

On 11/10/2016 at 13:56, billy2shots said:

A good argument could me made that Messi and CR7 play the Treq role from an attacking midfield position. Can we continue to ignore 2 of the best players in generations possibly in the history of the game?

I agree with Messi but not so much Ronaldo. I'd say he's more of an IF, getting the ball and heading for goal more than creating for others which Messi does better imo.

I'm excited for 3 at the back - my beloved Spurs have two good BPD's (Vertonghen and Alderwiereld) so I hope Wimmer is rated to be a solid central defender/limited defender so I can push Rose and Walker upfield.  If not Wimmer, then Dier at RCB and Toby at central.

Then it's mix and match at midfield: Dier, Wanyama, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Sissoko with Kane up top, or Kane + Janssen or even Kane + Son.

This is a team built for 3 at the back--I was glad to see it deployed at Arsenal last week........

On 11/14/2016 at 10:34, Rossma said:

4-3-2-1 for me (very similar to 4-2-3-1's around) but have the APM playing in the central 3 rather than sitting just behind the CF .

Since that wasn't a default formation, I've usually called that one "King's Crown" :)

On 11/6/2016 at 08:24, JustM1kePlays said:

Let us know if you have any formation you have been working on for FMM 17 or what you will be using upon release? 

Probably either 3-4-3 or 4-4-1-1

I'll be trying the 3-4-3 with Chelsea, and also a I had this 4-3-2-1 working lately in FMM16 with a BBM-DLP-CM  in the middle so I'll try that too.