Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustM1kePlays

EXCLUSIVE! Player Interaction in FMM2017

Today we are very exciting to reveal a feature for Football Manager Mobile 2017 exclusively here on Vibe.Community

We have worked with Sports Interactive to unveil this feature and without further ado we can say that it is... Improved Player Interaction.

So we all like to be told well done, good job and bravo by people for a job well done.

In previous version of Football Manager Handheld/Mobile this hasn't always been the case.

Fear no more!

In Football Manager Mobile 2017 you will know be able to give a more personal interaction with your players.

Sending Off

Interaction-Sendoff1.PNG

So Abdoulaye Doucoure has been a naughty boy. What would usually happen?

You would appeal the red card and the FA would tell you they reject your appeal as they feel the decision was justified.

Well that's no longer the case

Interaction-Sendoff2.PNG

You can now pick how you wish to handle the situation as you would do if you was the manager (maybe add 'kick a football boot at players head' in FMM18)

Interaction-Sendoff3.PNG

This is something I like to see some variety in the outcome. Its nice to see the players personalities come to the forefront as show in this screenshot.

Positive or Negative Praise

So this look different from last years interaction however it's giving to the same option as previous games.

Interaction-Praise_new1.PNG

This is where the magic happens

Positive

Interaction-Praise_new2.PNG

As you can see from the screenshot you can now pick what you now are praising your player for. However some of these will be greyed out if for example their current form has not been good enough you will not be able to pick this as an option...... can you see anything else?

Interaction-Praise_new3.PNG

Players react differently to public and private praise and your assistant manager will always give you some advice on what is the best way to approach the situation.

Interaction-Praise_new4.PNG

As I have mentioned picking the right method to praise your player will lead to different outcomes.

Negative

Now that would be telling. You will just need to find out those for yourself :P 

If you want to find out more you can watch this wonderfully put together video.

What do you think of this improved feature? Leave it in the comments below.

Good feature.

It's difficult not to swamp the game down with too much press and player interaction  but because 'praise' and 'criticise ' was already in the game this is a worthy addition. 

I've been really impressed with every new addition, I bought FMT last week, but I'm starting to think that I won't be playing it as much after Thursday. 

image.jpg

Look at the pyshical stats Troy Deeney. And of course look up the field is changed where you see the position of the player. End if you look good you will see a green boot. Maybe they will have now you strongest foot. :D 

Edited by Roffatje

If you fine a player a weeks wages and they decide they need to work on their aggression, will their attempts to lower their aggression reduce the stat for aggression or just their manner in game?

42 minutes ago, Roffatje said:

image.jpg

Look at the pyshical stats Troy Deeney. And of course look up the field is changed where you see the position of the player. End if you look good you will see a green boot. Maybe they will have now you strongest foot. :D 

I see it too, hope so~

6 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Eye spy with my little eye.....

wonder what this could be?

Interaction-Praise_new31.jpg

Could they have moved the preferred/recommended player role - advanced forward? Or is it something more interesting!

Edited by Thepremiermanager

This is something that desperately needed improving so good to see it finally has. Don't think I good have emotionally coped with another year of 'defend player' and 'criticise player'.

what is the point of giving a player a fine? What is the functional use of it? Plus where is the fine going to? Too your transferbudget, charity or just a gimmick.

i applaud SI for releasing and creating new features, i however fear that the impact of it all is more on a gimmick level then substantialy improving our experience of the game.

imho you should focus on the core of the game. For loads of people it is leagues, and having fun with tactics and a good matchengine. I really really hope we will see new features on that part as well. No use for coaches and dishing out fines if the core isnt on top notch level. 

But ending on a positive note, kudo's for SI that judging by the majority of reactions you did listen to the community and added features they wanted

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

what is the point of giving a player a fine? What is the functional use of it? Plus where is the fine going to? Too your transferbudget, charity or just a gimmick.

The main reason really is to encourage behavior which you might find more appropriate in the future, if he's skiving training then its to encourage him to work harder in future, if he's getting sent off for a brawl in the match then its to encourage him to keep a more level head etc.

Judicious use of it will take the edge of your players personality ... on the other hand, perhaps you want to encourage him to be an aggressive player? ... the choice is yours.

It's also worth mentioning that younger players DO look towards your pro's for an example and as such ignoring a player skiving training is probably setting a bad example for your youngsters .... that being said do you want to risk upsetting your star player by taking a hard line? ... again its up to you what sort of manager you want to be and perhaps you don't value youth development?

(finally balance all that with whether you want to set a 'public' example of someone or a private one, public has more effect across the squad with youngsters but also carries the risk of upsetting any friends he might have in the squad ... on the other hand if he's an unpopular player and you don't reign him in that might be seen by his squadmates as a bad thing ... )

Edited by Marc Vaughan
2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The main reason really is to encourage behavior which you might find more appropriate in the future, if he's skiving training then its to encourage him to work harder in future, if he's getting sent off for a brawl in the match then its to encourage him to keep a more level head etc.

Judicious use of it will take the edge of your players personality ... on the other hand, perhaps you want to encourage him to be an aggressive player? ... the choice is yours.

As Prize asks do we get the money back? Would add another layer to it, especially during a transfer window haha. 

1 minute ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Q1. Where does the  money from fining go?

Q2. Doubt you'll respond to this but in on the player profile screen there is a green boot, what does that signify?

Just now, Ashez said:

As Prize asks do we get the money back? Would add another layer to it, especially during a transfer window haha. 

Lol you beat me to that question by a matter of seconds.

3 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Q1. Where does the  money from fining go?

I'll double check - but I believe its considered to be donated to 'charity' .. I'll have to double check that though as Jamie (King) was the chap who actually implemented that side of things ... I'll do my best to drag him onto this thread tomorrow at some point so he can help answer any queries, be gentle with him he's shy :)

Q2. Doubt you'll respond to this but in on the player profile screen there is a green boot, what does that signify?

I'm not allowed to gossip upon features before the PR people have brought them out from behind the curtain ... sorry.

(once they are out in the open though I'll happily tell all :D )

Edited by Marc Vaughan

The interaction window must have been made that size specifically to disguise whatever is slightly to the left of the green boot. I thought it looked larger than necessary :P

So when @Marc Vaughan says 'behind the curtain ', I think he means 'behind the interaction window '. 

Edited by Fish18ish

@Marc Vaughan thanks for reply! Am i save to assume that interaction has way more impact then in the current game?

I don't really notice a significant difference in performance in the current game after giving feedback. Also the team doesn't really perform less if they don't agree with me

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

@Marc Vaughan thanks for reply! Am i save to assume that interaction has way more impact then in the current game?

I don't really notice a significant difference in performance in the current game after giving feedback. Also the team doesn't really perform less if they don't agree with me

It does have a big impact on moral and I have noticed a diffrence in performance from low and high moral players.

8 hours ago, Fineraxis said:

It does have a big impact on moral and I have noticed a diffrence in performance from low and high moral players.

hmm tbh i never have felt any difference same goes for players who dislike each other due to one complaining he wants to leave the club. Might just be me ;-)

Will be nice to be able to manage and influence form a bit more. I hope it's not guesswork, though. Determined players need to be pushed (negative)  and insecure players need encouragement (positive) - -  I get that. A player with a 'normal' personality tag; How will you know whether to use negative/ positive interaction? What about all the other tags that don't sit nicely on the continuum? 

I hope delving into this isn't essential to maintaining your squad harmony/ morale in this year's iteration. 

26 minutes ago, Prevalence said:

Will be nice to be able to manage and influence form a bit more. I hope it's not guesswork, though. Determined players need to be pushed (negative)  and insecure players need encouragement (positive) - -  I get that. A player with a 'normal' personality tag; How will you know whether to use negative/ positive interaction? What about all the other tags that don't sit nicely on the continuum? 

I hope delving into this isn't essential to maintaining your squad harmony/ morale in this year's iteration. 

There isn't a one-size-fits-all solution for every situation (just as there isn't in real life) and we wouldn't want it to be as easy as 'if x then i should do y'. Your staff do give you feedback on what they think is the best solution but they are not always correct...

I wouldn't say you'll have to spend ages messing around with it or your morale would be through the floor, but equally good man management should help give you that little bit of an extra edge.

The warning / fines - I love how this game becomes more and more similar to the beloved CM 01/02. Now, if only you could get rid of those player 'roles' and replace them with player instructions and some proper with/without ball screens ... ;)

2 hours ago, Footix said:

The warning / fines - I love how this game becomes more and more similar to the beloved CM 01/02. Now, if only you could get rid of those player 'roles' and replace them with player instructions and some proper with/without ball screens ... ;)

Amen brotha from a different motha.

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

hmm tbh i never have felt any difference same goes for players who dislike each other due to one complaining he wants to leave the club. Might just be me ;-)

Depends on the professionalism of players - if the players involved are professional then they'll work together fine despite their dislike ... if they aren't then you can fully expect there won't be a huge number of passes between the players etc. ... woe betide the manager who has an unprofessional play-maker disliking his best striker ;)

3 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Depends on the professionalism of players - if the players involved are professional then they'll work together fine despite their dislike ... if they aren't then you can fully expect there won't be a huge number of passes between the players etc. ... woe betide the manager who has an unprofessional play-maker disliking his best striker ;)

How are we meant to know which is the case though? No stats to say which way they like to pass or who to, unless it's massively noticeable in the match view but even that is situational. 

12 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

i guess i play teams with too many pro's on them then :laugh: Can you mention anything about the EME/OME engine / tactics that you have changed and isn't a feature but for you feels as a big improvement? I understand its just your opinion, but would like to hear it :)

15 minutes ago, PriZe said:

i guess i play teams with too many pro's on them then :laugh: Can you mention anything about the EME/OME engine / tactics that you have changed and isn't a feature but for you feels as a big improvement? I understand its just your opinion, but would like to hear it :)

Desperate for info in this area.