Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Are you happy with the new features?

Thirsk

How happy are you with the new features?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you with the new features?

• Over the moon!
    • Pretty happy
    • Fairly content
    • Slightly disappointed
    • Absolutely gutted
  2. 2. And will you be buying the game?

• Yes
    • No

I personally am a bit disappointed since there aren't any changes to tactics or training. But on the bright side, at least there are enough additions to the backroom staff, so I'll still be buying the game! How about you guys?

Edited by Thirsk

Delighted with the features, blown away in fact. We've needed this stuff for years, I was almost an instant buyer, that's how much it spoke to me. 

However there is a massive sticking point in terms of the engine. An easy decision has turned into a very hard and complicated one pretty fast for me. I hate 2016's engine needed some attention for me to bite and now I'm lost again. 

Just now, RichardMagpies said:

The new features are completely disappointing, but we'll all be buying the game anyway to support the company. 

Tell me more. What would you have liked to see added?

I don't understand how the new features are disappointing. There's just no pleasing anyone.

The features are great, and what we've needed for a while. What more could you have included for training/tactics? I'm pretty satisfied with that aspect of the game. Well done SI!

I didnt say the new features are disappointing

I'm just saying I would have preferred more tactical depth like duties  (attack, defend, support) or specific training for specific role (B2B training for a B2B and AP for AP)

5 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I didnt say the new features are disappointing

I'm just saying I would have preferred more tactical depth like duties  (attack, defend, support) or specific training for specific role (B2B training for a B2B and AP for AP)

I wasn't referring directly to your comment. SI have worked their arses off improving the game by adding in features that will no doubt improve the game, but people still complain

Just now, Robbrown172 said:

I wasn't referring directly to your comment. SI have worked their arses off improving the game by adding in features that will no doubt improve the game, but people still complain

Ah I taught you were referring to me.

I agreewith you though. It's impossible to please everyone in the community

Personally i like whats been added. its a nice start that can be added/improved on over the coming years it can only get better yeah the past few games were very poor but this is a new era i think fresh start. we have a new man @Marc Duffy at Si/fmm now and he (and of coarse the rest) takes time to interact with us asking us what we want and what needs fixing what would make the game better. so lets work with them and together FMM will be great. this is what i think anyways.

Big Step Forward Lads, Onwards and Upwards.

I'm pretty much happy with the new features. The only tactical improvement, although a tiny one, is now knowing the footedness of each player. Means you can make better choices on which of your two utility men would suit that one position over the other.

I'm definitely buying and won't sleep tonight until its on my phone!

Just now, Dar J said:

Ah I taught you were referring to me.

I agreewith you though. It's impossible to please everyone in the community

No no. It annoys me when the developers release new features that everyone has been asking for, and the same people still complain about not adding in the tiniest of features that wouldn't really have that much of an impact.

People need to just appreciate that SI are still even making the game for mobile devices, as they could have easily got rid of it when they took it off the PSP market.

I like them... 

Footedness should add more depth to IFs which works for me as i always make them my main attacker. I've mentioned increased historic details before which we've got to an extent with the player histories. I'd given up interacting with players so am please with the increased interaction. Loan-purchase options - brilliant. Enhancements to staff searches are much improved (so i don't always have to hire Robbie Stockdale).

I think Brexit will start out as bit of a gimmick but will very soon become very annoying... Much like real life!

1 minute ago, Stephen Simpson said:

I'm pretty much happy with the new features. The only tactical improvement, although a tiny one, is now knowing the footedness of each player. Means you can make better choices on which of your two utility men would suit that one position over the other.

Same here no sleep until I've downloaded it 

5 minutes ago, Stephen Simpson said:

3 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Same here no sleep until I've downloaded it 

Haha..please don't tempt me to stay up anymore than I already have. It's like 1.30 am here :laugh:

Just now, Dar J said:

Wow!! Where do you live?

Sydney, Australia. And besides reading all the new comments on vibe, I've been checking the Google Play store like mad lol

4 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

Sydney, Australia. And besides reading all the new comments on vibe, I've been checking the Google Play store like mad lol

Game probably won't be out until 12am UK time, which is just under 9 and a half hours. You have time to kip, lad

24 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

I don't understand how the new features are disappointing. There's just no pleasing anyone.

The features are great, and what we've needed for a while. What more could you have included for training/tactics? I'm pretty satisfied with that aspect of the game. Well done SI!

Seriously? Over the years the tactics aspect of the game has declined significantly. Back in the days of FMH08/09 there were more team and player instructions than what you can give 8 years down the line. The player roles are practically useless as the role characterization isn't conducive to a typical role; when watching the enhanced engine you'll see B2B midfielders covering next to no ground and DLP blasting every other ball out of play. There's hardly any control over tackling and marking and last year defensive midfielders' AVR were consistently abysmal. Training, there's no control over that at all, in fact the closest you get to control is deciding whether to have it medium or intensive, hardly any specialization.

2 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

Game probably won't be out until 12am UK time, which is just under 9 and a half hours. You have time to kip, lad

Oh thanks for the heads up...but 9 and a half hours!! Well I guess I can try and sneak it in during work :P

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Seriously? Over the years the tactics aspect of the game has declined significantly. Back in the days of FMH08/09 there were more team and player instructions than what you can give 8 years down the line. The player roles are practically useless as the role characterization isn't conducive to a typical role; when watching the enhanced engine you'll see B2B midfielders covering next to no ground and DLP blasting every other ball out of play. There's hardly any control over tackling and marking and last year defensive midfielders' AVR were consistently abysmal. Training, there's no control over that at all, in fact the closest you get to control is deciding whether to have it medium or intensive, hardly any specialization.

Looking back at previous versions, I do remember a 'player runs' feature on the tactics page where you could set runs for your players. I do agree with the tactical part.

2 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

Oh thanks for the heads up...but 9 and a half hours!! Well I guess I can try and sneak it in during work :P

12am at the earliest I think. Should be about 11am where you are. You dont want to give yourself sleep deprivation :laugh:

I'm really happy , I wasn't expecting so many new features , or upgrades . The coefficient list alone takes the game to a new level , in my opinion anyway 

The only other things I'd have liked are 'roam from position' and 'hit long shots ' options in the tactics . I know that they're included in description of advanced playmaker etc , but I don't see much evidence of players doing that at times . 

Yea it's a bit of a shame how FMM has been a little stagnant in features over the years. But that's the downside to being the shadow of FM and FMT versions and having a smaller production budget. So over the years, there are many requests for certain new features yet seldom are they met, so I can understand how it could leave many disappointed, especially if their requests are ignored time and time again.

Hopefully SI can see just how much tactics have been requested though and make it a bigger priority in future.

1 hour ago, Marc Duffy said:

Tell me more. What would you have liked to see added?

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I was hoping for some more significant changes this edition I guess. A change to the match engine allowing for longer viewing, changes to training rather than just 'attacking, defensive, intensive etc', perhaps more in depth tactics too. The PC version has a screen that's essentially a big rectangular box and it's all the visuals of the tactics in one - defenders stay back, play up the wings, push higher up, lower tempo etc. I would've liked to have seen this implemented in some way further for the mobile version in a simplistic manner, rather than kinda just putting some tactics together and hoping they work.

I know the game, I know the company, i've bought every FMH since the original one on PSP (and then further into iOS), and I will gladly purchase this edition again. I think i'm just feeling very much 'same/same' about this and all it'll be is a data update with some minor tweaks. But I guess 'if it's not broken don't fix it' also applies here.

All constructive, i'll be purchasing the game immediately when it comes out and i'm sure i'll still throw hours into it like I did with the previous version. Just didn't want to come across as another person complaining without reasoning or backing :)

I am over the moon with the new features. Things I liked a lot but that I would not think that they would ever happen are in the game this year.

UEFA Coefficients - Amazing, I like to help small leagues to become big. Last year I did this with Wales, they did become a bit better because transfer values increased but having the qualify all the way from qualifing round 1 was annoying.

Scouts - Great, different levels of scouts is something I love from FM but wouldn't even dream of them being in FMM

Youth players - Nice, it was always a pain to get a few youngsters automaticly promoted to the first team with zero potential. I hope this ends that while also making developing home grown talent more intresting and important.

Leagues - Okay, i like to start as a small club and now I can also do that in Turkey and Poland. A shame that there is no Brasil in the game anymore but I understand that it was inevitable.

Brexit - Seems like a gimmick, but could in combination with the new UEFA Coefficients lead to intresting situations I like to find out.

Other - Other features I haven't mention are also very welcome like the that we can now search for staff, can add a buy option in loan contracts and have additonal options to interact with players,

Future - For the future of fmm I would like to see the amount of leagues expanded and the option to skip matches (not the same as holiday because the assistent will change the starting eleven). Also some screens to view the financial situation of the club would be fun, where you could also see the cup and tv money you gathered for the club. This would also make you able to see how the transfer and salary funds are coming from.

Thanks SI for your hard work!

Edited by Fineraxis

Just had a look through the game just as i installed and it simply looks like a reskin with a couple of new features nothing changed really.. disappointed.