Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll What are your first impressions of FMM17?

Dec

What are your first impressions of FMM17?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What are your first impressions of FMM17?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I  went with OK

As right now theres not many features that change  the way you'll play early doors so will have to wait and see how the features affect gameplay later down the line

Haven't looked at the new leagues just yet  which I'll  do shortly so my answer might change  but first impressions  are its pretty  similar to 2016  but with more features added  and the current features improved

I like it Dec..

Like backroom additions, the inclusion of African National Teams and 2 new nations, even though it is at the expense of Brazil.

Was surprised to see Crimea as a nationality.

All in all, I have enjoyed it from the off

Great. My only real disappointment is that they havent included premier league U23 teams in the Checkatrade trophy at all. Just putting greyed out U23 teams in there is better than nothing, because now in game the competition is completely different to irl.

49 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Great. My only real disappointment is that they havent included premier league U23 teams in the Checkatrade trophy at all. Just putting greyed out U23 teams in there is better than nothing, because now in game the competition is completely different to irl.

Yes...I also wondered that about the U23s in the Checkatrade, it now does not reflect real life, I am guessing it is the same with the U20s in the Scottish Equivalent

1 hour ago, marxistafozzski said:

Yes...I also wondered that about the U23s in the Checkatrade, it now does not reflect real life, I am guessing it is the same with the U20s in the Scottish Equivalent

Not checked that but I would assume so. Things like this make me question SI's claims that they pride themselves on realism.

1 minute ago, Fish18ish said:

Not checked that but I would assume so. Things like this make me question SI's claims that they pride themselves on realism.

The realism debate is one of the stupidest going. 

4 minutes ago, marxistafozzski said:

@Ashez out of interest how is the realism debate stupid?

Because hardly anything in the game is realistic and they pick and choose what is and isn't by their needs. It's a debat that's raged on for years and it's something I just don't believe in. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Because hardly anything in the game is realistic and they pick and choose what is and isn't by their needs. It's a debat that's raged on for years and it's something I just don't believe in. 

I see where your coming from, it cannot be 100% real life, simply because in real life teams like Darlington or Salford will never be managed to Champs Lge glory and would be impossible to achieve complete reality.

It is not exactly ruining the game, but the inclusion of greyed out U23 teams would have, for me, got it as close to real life as possible

4 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

We looked into it but it was quite problematic from a technical perspective - I believe (but can't confirm) that FMT has decided to do things the same way as us as well.

Can't find any tactic that even nearly works. My old tactics from FMM16 are terrible now. 41221 doesn't score any goals and 4231 concedes way too many and can't score more than 1 a game. Really struggling to adapt

Haven't played much in FMM16 tbh so there's a lot of new stuff for me to check at the moment. Just bought FMM17 yesterday and I can't wait to start testing it and pushing the game to the max with all the careers and challenges I have in mind ;-)

I have a question, in the past FMs we could see other teams scores and who scored in the game as long as we clicked on them the same day they were played. Now we only get to see our own results. Am I the only with this problem or is it an update?

4 hours ago, HalaDMV said:

I have a question, in the past FMs we could see other teams scores and who scored in the game as long as we clicked on them the same day they were played. Now we only get to see our own results. Am I the only with this problem or is it an update?

It's the update and I think it should be changed back to how it was in previous FMs.

EME seems even tougher than last year , In my last last few weeks of playing 16 I finally got something to work so I'm using that as a starting point .

Haven't won a game yet ! 

Pre-season looked encouraging , but in my first two league games I got battered 3-0 in the first (although they were awarded 2 penalty's in the first 25 minutes) and the other game I drew 1-1 after getting a player sent off in the 18th minute.

This could be a difficult first season :O

1 hour ago, Thepremiermanager said:

I'm liking the game so far but will have to play more to really get to know it. The AI sacking thing is a bit annoying though.

P.S. Great to see you back @BatiGoal

Thanks! Good to be back.

EME runs pretty good on my Xperia Z2 averaging 1min/half (settings: very fast + com only - I don't care for the visuals)

That's about 2min per game for me excluding the time I take for tactics tweaking and subs etc which varies per game.

First impressions regarding the match engine are pretty good I gotta say.

I am very pleased...i originally play on OME but going to crank it up now to EME to offer a new game experience as was getting tired of how easy i was finding it on OME...the only thing I am dissapointed in is the checkatrade trophy (old JPT) i was looking forward to having the u23s in the comp however can understand with the game restrictions why it's not in....would of been good to see though...Also do teams actually have reserve squads now or are they u23s? 

I went with good, they have sorted the issue with the in game editor reference stats changing, also improved it with allowing you to select single positions, EME defo works quicker this year so going to switch to that from OME, layout looks good but I tend to use the font / skins Vibe create anyway...  still messing about with tactics but its an improvement.

Only issue for me is the tactics not changing, even if they had increased or changed player roles to add some difference to previous years would have been an huge improvement...  obviously there will be bugs, but we expect that with any game really.

Although I still play the OME, (EME still too slow for me) I am finding the amount of chances being missed by my own players incredible, even more so than last year. I'm sure I did see either @Alarior @Jack Joyce mention that OME was tweaked slightly but I am three seasons in a it's getting worse? First four games of this season...0-1, 0-1, 1-0 and 0-0. Total Shots 52 (40 on target) and 1 goal??? This is with Lukaku and Walter Gonzalez (check him out) up top?

5 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Although I still play the OME, (EME still too slow for me) I am finding the amount of chances being missed by my own players incredible, even more so than last year. I'm sure I did see either @Alarior @Jack Joyce mention that OME was tweaked slightly but I am three seasons in a it's getting worse? First four games of this season...0-1, 0-1, 1-0 and 0-0. Total Shots 52 (40 on target) and 1 goal??? This is with Lukaku and Walter Gonzalez (check him out) up top?

:O 

9 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I don't believe that any of the changes should affect goal-scoring in any significant way in the OME. 

Edited by Jack Joyce
Just now, Jack Joyce said:

I don't believe that any of the changes should affect goal-scoring in any significant way in the OME. 

That's very odd then, I have noticed this trend throughout this save over three seasons and like I said its getting worse.

it feels very samey but it's early days so i wont comment too much.

perhaps im cynical but i do wonder what these new "features" actually do. Does footedness have any impact on game at all or is it just a gimmick, i know they say it will, but does it??? I played Son both left and right wing at spurs for a few games to test it and he played the same on each, chipped in with goals and got similar ratings....

I also wonder is the backroom staff is just a waste of time? I would like to see solid facts about how it works in the engine, does a prevention physio reduce the chance of injury by a certain % ? Bronze badge 10% less chance? Silver badge 15% less chance? etc etc? Do we have any facts on how this works?

10 minutes ago, nick2528 said:

it feels very samey but it's early days so i wont comment too much.

perhaps im cynical but i do wonder what these new "features" actually do. Does footedness have any impact on game at all or is it just a gimmick, i know they say it will, but does it??? I played Son both left and right wing at spurs for a few games to test it and he played the same on each, chipped in with goals and got similar ratings....

I also wonder is the backroom staff is just a waste of time? I would like to see solid facts about how it works in the engine, does a prevention physio reduce the chance of injury by a certain % ? Bronze badge 10% less chance? Silver badge 15% less chance? etc etc? Do we have any facts on how this works?

Son is two-footed, so wouldn't that make sense?

Prevention physio can prevent certain injuries from occurring and makes your players more resistant to intense training schedules.

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

Son is two-footed, so wouldn't that make sense?

Prevention physio can prevent certain injuries from occurring and makes your players more resistant to intense training schedules.

yes sorry, Lamela not Son, son was the one i rotated out

with regards to the prevention physios, is this definitely how it works then? As it it's been confirmed /stated somewhere by SI? I feel like we have to guess at features alot of the time and just assume thats how it works.

thanks