Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Successful Tactics request

Graeme1983

I had a crazy tactic that had me win the second division of Turkish football and first division in two consecutive years. The issue is that it stopped working suddenly (I mean one month my results are all 3-0, 4-1, 2-0 etc and next month I am scraping draws.) Anyone know why tactics just suddenly go bust? Also if they do then is there a chance I can use them later in the game or is the tactic basically dead in that save?

The thing is I had a lot of fun with that tactic. I am just curious as to what happens to it once the AI has it all figured. (Also SI games, cheers for allowing us to use one tactic throughout a single season before it get's figured out. It was frustrating last year when the AI kept counteracting a single tactic after a month or two.)

I feel that tactics are a lot more realistic this year; a lot less supertactics that keep working. A realistic approach works best. Keep improving your squad to gently make your way up.

2 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

The thing is I had a lot of fun with that tactic. I am just curious as to what happens to it once the AI has it all figured. (Also SI games, cheers for allowing us to use one tactic throughout a single season before it get's figured out. It was frustrating last year when the AI kept counteracting a single tactic after a month or two.)

Sounds like you're experiencing what is happening to Leicester this season . It's not just your tactics that have been figured out , it's individual players too . 

You probably got away with the same tactic due to being constantly underestimated , as you were only newly promoted . 

Must admit im cheating just a little.

I bought the Touch version the other week, and managed well still am managing Charlton using a 4-2-3-1, So im doing that on Mobile currently just had 3 friendly, have found myself turning that into a 4-4-2, to go for the win

3 hours ago, Jazzydrury said:

Must admit im cheating just a little.

I bought the Touch version the other week, and managed well still am managing Charlton using a 4-2-3-1, So im doing that on Mobile currently just had 3 friendly, have found myself turning that into a 4-4-2, to go for the win

Could you go into specifics? Like what roles, tactics etc.. Thanks!

4 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

Sounds like you're experiencing what is happening to Leicester this season . It's not just your tactics that have been figured out , it's individual players too . 

You probably got away with the same tactic due to being constantly underestimated , as you were only newly promoted . 

Yeah I had the same thought actually. I really don't know what to do at this point. I mean I have a team that isn't amazing, and I have so much pressure so fast. I guess this team is going to be the middle generation of the club. I need to build up the youth for the future for now. This is so much easier to do in a non-competitive league like the Portuguese league, but in the turkish league, it becomes insanely difficult.

6 hours ago, Jens said:

I feel that tactics are a lot more realistic this year; a lot less supertactics that keep working. A realistic approach works best. Keep improving your squad to gently make your way up.

Yeah but I really like getting through games quickly. I just tried my old tactic again after bouncing around a few new tactics and it worked like a charm ... for a few games. Now I am back to square one at the very end of the season, trying to protect my first place spot from Gala who lay just a point under me. This is gonna be interesting!

Finding 4-4-2 diamond very handy. Got promoted in 2nd place with it as Leeds United, now in the Premiership and in the top ten after 10 games so far. Changed some of the instructions and roles before I started using it.

On the Enhanced engine.

On 18/11/2016 at 19:02, AeroLAD said:

Could you go into specifics? Like what roles, tactics etc.. Thanks!

Yeah I had the same thought actually. I really don't know what to do at this point. I mean I have a team that isn't amazing, and I have so much pressure so fast. I guess this team is going to be the middle generation of the club. I need to build up the youth for the future for now. This is so much easier to do in a non-competitive league like the Portuguese league, but in the turkish league, it becomes insanely difficult.

It sounds like a really interesting career . In past FMH games I found 2/3 successful tactics , and dominated every league , and became bored after a few months. The position you're in is much closer to real life . Going with youth is the best option , and you'll be able to watch how the team progresses after you move on . Don't forget to request more time to rebuild , if you feel like the board is becoming concerned by results 

I had good success with my attacking 442 in my first season and am currently using a 3412 which seems to be working well at the moment, the problem is that no tactic will work forever as eventually the AI will cotton on to your teams way of playing and counter but a slight change to your player roles or instructions can keep the tactic going

I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 with Spurs managed to win everything first season. All you have to do is make changes to your tactic when you feel it stop working e.g. I moved Dier from central mid as a DLM to defensive mid and the tactic worked perfectly again

The saying ' never change a winning team' doesn't really hold true in FMM17. I'm working with 3 different tactics at the moment rotating them with minor tweaks.

Everytime I go 4-5 games without touching them I get a poor performance/result in. 

I would say there isn't one tactic that fits all. You don't see an actual manager playing the same formation every game. It really depends on who I am playing to which tactic I use. Normally work on 4 tactics throughout the season (normally all just min or changes). One for normal games (teams of a similar size) one where I am a massive underdog  (normally a sit back and counter) one which I use as plan b if my normal tactic isn't working is normally very similar (just a few slight tweeks like roles) then I have a crazy formation

I'm using a 4231 tactic with RBL and it's attacking was insane with minumum 3 goals each match, but a very leake defence. All sorts of comebacks are possible with that tactic (etc. this crazy 6-4 win).

Screenshot_2016-11-20-13-04-18-541_com.sigames.fmm2017.png

Edited by Kun Aguero
17 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

I'm using a 4231 tactic with RBL and it's attacking was insane with minumum 3 goals each match, but a very leake defence. All sorts of comebacks are possible with that tactic (etc. this crazy 6-4 win).

Screenshot_2016-11-20-13-04-18-541_com.sigames.fmm2017.png

Can you share the tactic?

22 hours ago, Rjgreeno said:

I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 with Spurs managed to win everything first season. All you have to do is make changes to your tactic when you feel it stop working e.g. I moved Dier from central mid as a DLM to defensive mid and the tactic worked perfectly again

Same here, I find a lot more Winger / IF than 2016 version.

The main difficulty now is to find a real midfielder. I have a not so offensive one (Jordan Ferri) and another which is offensive too. 

My midfield is my main weakness but this tactic work really well.

i've got two solid single striker one's on EME at the moment. My main issue is getting the striker to score consistently if i ever want to do a goal challenge on EME :S haven't noticed really a drop in performance. But i try and keep a squad at at least 95% fitness

How are wingers working for you guys on EME? I feel they are absolutely useless, so am playing around with INF's but they take away goals from the strike :(

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

How are wingers working for you guys on EME? I feel they are absolutely useless, so am playing around with INF's but they take away goals from the strike :(

They're working better for me on MR and LM opposed to AMLs and AMRs.

Can't compare with FMM16 as I simply haven't played enough this year but on FMH15 att. mids were top and I avoided the underperforming ML+R. now on FMM17 I experience the exact opposite. 

For now I gotta say, still early days.

42 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

They're working better for me on MR and LM opposed to AMLs and AMRs.

Can't compare with FMM16 as I simply haven't played enough this year but on FMH15 att. mids were top and I avoided the underperforming ML+R. now on FMM17 I experience the exact opposite. 

For now I gotta say, still early days.

you play them as wingers or wide mids? INF's seem to act like the wingers on OME. goal assist ratio pretty in check.

3 hours ago, Lochheart said:

The main difficulty now is to find a real midfielder.

I suggest looking to see if they have the right traits as this helps massively

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

you play them as wingers or wide mids? INF's seem to act like the wingers on OME. goal assist ratio pretty in check.

Mostly as wingers with att. mentality at home / vs weak opposition. As wide mid's against bigger teams but replace them with 2 more def.minded ML/Rs.

You need a decent sub bench tho. I used 18-20 squad players for previous FMMs but I seem to get more suspensions, injuries as well as 'lower' stamina players in FMM17. I think I'm going to need a slighly bigger sub bench.

11 minutes ago, PriZe said:

@Kun Aguero how did selke do as your main striker? Seems that poacher isn't as effective as it use to be and getting some good results running an AF instead of poacher

Quite good. Won WPOTY

Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-43-22-458_com.sigames.fmm2017.png

Edited by Kun Aguero