Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career SI's EME 1000 Goal Challenge

Jack Joyce

Finally got a chance to start the season and Dolbergs off to a flyer! I'm having to manage his gametime since he has low stamina but he just cant stop  nicking goals! 5 in 6 so far.

We managed to qualify for the champions league group stages in dramatic fashion, after a 2-0 away loss to Villarreal in the first leg I thought all hope was lost. However a tweak in playing style and a resurgent home performance meant we were 1-0 up in the 84th minute when they got a red card. Too late? Not quite! As Kenny Tete of all people managed to smash one in from the edge of the box in the 3rd minute of injury time to level the tie. 

Extra time was largely uneventful, but we won on penalties in the end, with Dolberg stepping up and scoring the first (that counts right? :P) and the rest of the team following suit. Might have had easier ties in the Europa league but we'll worry about that later...

AjaxDrama.png

Edited by Jack Joyce

Thanks Jack for that heavily edited update ;). I'd also like to say that I've finally got around to installing the game on my phone and will be making my first post in the coming week.

16 hours ago, PriZe said:

@Jack Joyce pen shootouts don't show on player profile so no that doesn't count :P 

Dammit :P It was worth a try. Dolbergs moaning about training levels being too high aswell so I can forsee a bit of a goal drought as i attempt to work out the hardest training he'll accept.

21 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Dammit :P It was worth a try. Dolbergs moaning about training levels being too high aswell so I can forsee a bit of a goal drought as i attempt to work out the hardest training he'll accept.

Haha you're not finished yet ;) he will start complaining about first teampressure as well haha so good luck with that :P

So, I've finally started my save! To start, here's the main man himself 

Screenshot_20161207-192949.png

Amazing shooting, pace, dribbling and strength for a 20 year old. Not bad stamina either!

And here's the tactic formation we'll be using, just a basic one

Screenshot_20161207-192825.png

So on to the matches. Firstly, we played a friendly against Dunfermline. I know friendlies don't count, but Dembele got a brace which is a sign of good things to come!Screenshot_20161207-191336.png

Next we played a Champions League qualifier against Dundalk, our first competitive match!

Screenshot_20161207-192345 (1).png

Another brace for Dembele! And a goal for another wonderkid, Pat Roberts. Unfortunately Roberts picked up an injury in this match, even more unfortunate is that I forgot to check the length of the injury after playing  :P.

So, things are looking good for young Moussa. That's Jack and I with our first career posts in the thread. Where you at @aligempf?

Managed to appease Dolberg's training woes by slightly reducing the training workload and resting him for the next game. Doing an update because he got his first hattrick! We've struggled a bit with me trying out different tactical setups but have ended up settling on.... the same tactic i was using in the first place! Doh. It's a 4231, i can post it if people are interested (don't have the time right now). Feeling good after this match though and confident that we can end the season strongly. Liverpool poached Gudelj for £10m but other than that the team is intact.

first_hattrick.jpgdolberg_update.jpg

Tbf 10 assists is a little too much for a lone striker. He needs to be more selfish.
 Going steady tho..and hat-tricks are very pleasing to the eye. KIU!

Great stuff @Jack Joyce but @BatiGoal is correct you do need Dolberg to stop assisting other players. Out of interest what role is he playing because I find poachers work best for not assisting others and in my personal attempt at the 1KC I found my striker only assisted maybe 5-10 times a season and this is what you need as the more selfish the better. Keep up the scoring but he will need to score more to have any chance. KIU.

On 10/12/2016 at 22:13, Real_Random said:

Great stuff @Jack Joyce but @BatiGoal is correct you do need Dolberg to stop assisting other players. Out of interest what role is he playing because I find poachers work best for not assisting others and in my personal attempt at the 1KC I found my striker only assisted maybe 5-10 times a season and this is what you need as the more selfish the better. Keep up the scoring but he will need to score more to have any chance. KIU.

Yeah he's currently a poacher but I've been tinkering around with the tactics a lot which I think has led to the goals spreading around the team more. I reckon I've found a system that works now though so fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Yeah he's currently a poacher but I've been tinkering around with the tactics a lot which I think has led to the goals spreading around the team more. I reckon I've found a system that works now though so fingers crossed!

Hopefully your tactics go well and we see dolberg scoring like crazy.

Been a while since I've updated this. I guess I should start with the goal tallies which are gradually improving:

dolberg_history.png

121 from 152 is a prolific record but I still need him to improve on that if he wants to reach 1k. The biggest issue so far is Dolberg's personality. He doesn't work hard in training and keeps getting negative coach reports from staff, this lack of effort has led to very slow progression in his attributes. Dolberg might have been a poor choice for this challenge due to his mentals! Despite this he has still been sweeping up the accolades:

dolberg_achievements.png

Edited by Jack Joyce