Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

I'm back! :-)

Just reserving this space for later and I'll throw in the formal introduction (and special thanks) once my test games/tactics are completed.

Here's a sneakpeak tho. Cheers!

DoubleChallenge.jpg

more later...

Edited by BatiGoal

Thanks for the support, guys I think I'm going to need it looking at my 3 test games.

I tried Italy (AC Milan) and Germany (Dortmund) but it didn't go as well as I expected. Not terrible either but it's got to go smoother in order to get these challenges done.

3rd test game was pretty ok so I've decided to go to Spain. Club and Player have been decided as well but need 1 or 2 alternative tactics before I embark on this hopefully memorable journey.

Official introduction up next..

Time to get my first of hopefully many FMM17 careers underway..

2 Challenges 1 Player

Challenge 1: a goal for every min of the game (1-90) with 1 player

Read the complete set of rules here

Challenge 2: 1000 goals with 1 player

Read the complete set of rules here

Thanks Ashez for these terrific challenges

Country

Spain

It was either going to be Italy, Germany or Spain. Italy because I love my Torino career and need to go back someday. Germany because I've wanted to play with Dortmund and just annoy the hell out of Bayern. Spain because one of my best teams was Atletico Madrid during my 800 BatiGoals challenge.

I ran 3 test games with similar tactics and squads in each country and it proved most fruitful versus Spanish opposition hence my choice.

Club

Sevilla FC

Firstly, I din't want to choose one of the big three (Barca, R.Madrid, Atletico) as that would be too obvious. It's a challenge in itself going up against them and that's something I welcome. Secondly, I've come to love Sevilla during my test games. Age-wise it's a great squad. Wonderfully balanced with young talents and experienced veterans. In my younger inexperienced years as a manager I'd have hated to inherit a squad like this one but I know better now. This team is ready to perform NOW. 3-4 seasons with minor changes only. I'm not planning an overhaul until I'm perhaps in season 5 of this career. Well, that's the plan anyways. Quality wise they're of course a bit behind the top sides in La Liga but with a generous budget of 40M I only need 1-2 players tops to be able to compete for top spots. Frankly, sitting on a CL spot at the end of the race is fine by me for the needed cash and amount of games for the challenges but it's always nice to pick up an extra trophy or two.

Player

Asier Villalibre

Why? I like the sound of it? Also. I could've gone for more known wonderkids suchs as Barbosa, Romero or maybe Rashford, but this kid's got potential too and it's just fun to take on a challenge like this one with a more 'unknown' specimen. At least I believe in him and that's all that matters. I like his numbers, good shooting, movement, decisions, good pace and power. It feels right so I'm going to do my best to guide this boy to glory.

Villalibre.jpg

AVpotential.jpg

After a few friendlies his PA went up from 4 to 4.5/5 which proves I was right about him. Let's hope so.

Also encouraging signs on his positives list showing tremendous potential and desire.

The thing that's essential for me when doing long careers is being in the right country at the right club with the right player. Anything less and I couldn't enjoy nor compete and since everything feels right I'm more than ready to kick-off the journey.

With all that said, next update will bring the starting line-up as well as a recap of the first season. Can't wait to start.

DoubleChallengeNew.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by BatiGoal
On 19/11/2559 at 23:04, Stracho said:

Nice choice!

Anything mainstream count me out :)

On 19/11/2559 at 23:42, JustM1kePlays said:

Cracking picks!! You got this BG

Honestly, I feel like I'm re-discovering a new set of tactics to conquer these challenges, especially the 1K one. First season is nearly completed (update tomorrow) and I've had to constantly tweak in order to get performances and results. And goals from my golden boy up front or course. He's not doing terrible but if he keeps going at this rate he'll need 20 seasons to get to the 1K.

Hopefully I got my tactics sorted and an improved and matured striker in season 2.

Season 1

- Tactics Tactics and more Tactics -

Let's start by showing the transfers I made before the start of this career.

transfersinout.jpg

As I said this squad doesn't need a lot of reinforcements yet. I bought Asier Villalibre of course, the guy I picked for the challenges and Keko to give me a few extra options for alternative tactics.

minus9goals.jpg

These are the goals that won't count for the 1K challenge as they weren't scored under my guidance. Pls remind me this number needs to be deducted from his total goal tally at the end of his career.

AV5stars.jpg

He's showing great potential already after a couple of games. I bought a 4-star kid and he's already turned into 5.

All we need to do now is fill those CA stars as well. That would be very welcome. The sooner the better.

And then there was the tactics thingie that gave me lots of headaches. I started my career with this.

Sevillatactics.jpg

Turned out to be very leaky, as I expected, but as long as I outscored my opponents with lots of goals I'd be OK with it. After all that's what I need, the more the better. Seems this new EME knows my every move before I do so I had to tweak and try different combo's for the entire season until I found a pretty decent and consistent tactic, one for home games and the other for away ones.

Usually a 3-3-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 for home games with 3 CB's and a 4 or 5 def formation for away games.

Can't say for sure if it's the formations themselves or the constant tweaking that got me results. Or the different player roles combo's or a combination of all those factors. Hard to tell but hopefully I see a pattern after season 2 and 3. It's too early to pinpoint what exactly works for my team and players and what doesn't. But I feel I'm edging closer to a decent formation, just need a bit more time.

What follows next is a whole bunch of hidden screenshots for the 1goal/min challenge.

Spoiler

89m.jpg

87m.jpg

86m.jpg

78m.jpg

90m.jpg

79m.jpg

13m.jpg

3m.jpg

12m.jpg

8m.jpg

16m.jpg

19m44m.jpg

15m.jpg

25m.jpg

20m.jpg

24m35m.jpg

32m.jpg

38m.jpg

42m.jpg

43m.jpg

47m.jpg

45m55m.jpg

45m59m.jpg

50m90m.jpg

52m.jpg

51m.jpg

53m.jpg

60m.jpg

63m.jpg

62m.jpg

64m.jpg

65m.jpg

75m.jpg

I didn't expect to reach too many finals to be honest as I drew more games than I wanted in La Liga and a lot of victories were very narrow, somewhat lucky at times and not really dominating in possession as I've gotten accustomed to in previous FMM/H series.

Finals

ESCwin.jpg

European Super Cup win over Real Madrid. Luck was on my side.

SSCloss.jpg

Spanish Super Cup loss on aggregate. A deserved loss. Outplayed over two legs.

CoppaDelReywin.jpg

Coppa Del Rey win over Atletico. Didn't expect a win here but Villalibre sealed victory with a brace.

CLwin.jpg

Very very fortunate CL win. Towards the end of the season I was missing 6 starters due to suspension and injury.

Juventus was by far the better team but I earned a very ugly win on the day. I take it.

La Liga Standings

Finished3rd.jpg

I'm OK with finishing 3rd. Doing this season kinda felt like Leicester City's. Scraping wins and my goals differences of +21 is one of my lowest I've had. Lots of work to be done still despite the decent results in those finals. Next season may be very different if I don't get a couple players in for squad depth and keep fine-tuning whatever formation I come up with next season.

Fine Form

GoalStats.jpg

Really well towards the end as it looked as tho he was going to finish under 50 goals.

52goals.jpg

I should be delighted with 50+ goals in his first season. He's young and talented. He will get there.

LowStamina.jpg

This is the most worrying tho. His Stamina dropped to 9!!! after X-mas and stayed on that number until just before the last game of the season which is why I had to sub him regularly. Definitely a bummer as he lost valuable minutes on the pitch. Also, keeps me worried what he'll look like in the coming seasons. If it's the stamina bug I'll be absolutely gutted.

Progress

DC52g.jpg

Cheers!

Season 2

later..

Edited by BatiGoal

Nice looking Christmas tree tactic @BatiGoal!

Tough first league campaign, just too many draws.

A few new faces for season two and hopefully he will blast more goals.

Edited by danovic78
6 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Nice looking Christmas tree tactic @BatiGoal!

Tough first league campaign, just too many draws.

A few new faces for season two and hopefully he will blast more goals.

You're right.

I need 2-3 extra players as I've had more injuries and suspensions to deal with this new game.

Squad depth seems more important than ever.

6 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. Villalibre looks great. KIU

Thanks. Gotta keep an eye on his stamina tho. Was decreasing dramatically for unknown reasons.

Put him on fitness and it's on the up now. Got me worried for a sec there. Don't wanna throw this career in the bin just yet.

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Very nice start, that stamina is a worry though. Got a fitness coach?

I do, and (of course) Villalibre is the only one in the squad with stamina issues.

I put him on fitness training in pre-season and I'm relieved to see his stamina (12) and pace (18) go up.

A few others stats have dropped but I don't want to take him off this training yet until his stamina is a bit closer to 15.

Solid first season BG, 50 goals by someone so young has got to be good. Anther couple of seasons and that will be mid 70s I'm sure. 

Insane consecutive scoring form in what should be his most inconsistent phase in his career. 

29 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Solid first season BG, 50 goals by someone so young has got to be good. Anther couple of seasons and that will be mid 70s I'm sure. 

Insane consecutive scoring form in what should be his most inconsistent phase in his career. 

Odd indeed. I usually have a good start of the season with plenty of goals and a decline after X-mas. Bit strange this time as he started slow then ok in December then his stamina dropped and played 2/3 of the matches. Maybe that did him good?

15 minutes ago, Joewins said:

Great going. You're setting a pretty high benchmark already!

Thanks.

Hoping to complete it in 15-16 seasons and not 20 (or 22 seasons - a couple careers back). It's a mental drain!

Before I post Season 2 (still underway) I'd like to post some formations and settings I've been using that are working best for me so far. Age is catching up and I'm really not great at remembering things these days so it's kinda like a reference for myself. :)

I'm running tests with other saves along the way as well so it's something I can fall back to if/when things don't work out. Also, you really need the right players for the roles otherwise they're not as effective. I haven't picked all the 'right' players in the pics below btw as I don't have all of 'em yet in my current career, and it's more of a reference for the roles and settings than anything else. But squad depth is also something I'm working on and seems to be the thing in FMM17 amongst other things. More injuries, more suspensions, more 'tired' players..and so on.

These are by no means perfect. But they're just starting to produce the goods for the challenges I'm working on. Bear in mind the fitness level of your players, squad harmony, who the opposition is etc. all these little factors can make the difference on the day.

Home Tactics

HomeStyle.jpg

Mostly for home games but also for 'easy/weaker' opposition in away matches

Spoiler

HomeGame.jpg

Away Tactics

AwayStyle.jpg

Mostly for away games but also for 'tough/stronger' opposition in home matches

Spoiler

AwayGame.jpg

Alternative Tactics

AlternativeStyle.jpg

Mostly for games when home/away tactics aren't effective and to use as 'rotation' tactics to keep the opponents guessing

The reason they're similar (but definitely not the same) is because it makes it easier for me to hop from one to another. 3 Defenders isn't ideal of course but for my challenges it is. More importantly, if I swap from 3 to 5 defs (or vice versa) mid-game I would need the right players for each role in order to make it worthwile and effective. Thing is I don't have a sub bench of 30+ players. I do however have a few very versatile players (such as Sarabia that was already at the club or Klaassen for ex. -I bought from Ajax- for these purposes) which is extremely useful.

As I said, it serves as a reference for myself. It's still being tweaked and definitely not a finished product yet, if there ever was such a thing.

You can choose to ignore it and wait for the Season 2 updates which should be up in the coming days.

Season 2

later..

Edited by BatiGoal
1 hour ago, Joewins said:

A 3 man defense seems to be the way forward 

It does do well for more attacking line-ups.

1 hour ago, tenere1982 said:

I freakin love Asier from my FM16 Rayo save.

Good luck with your challenge BatiGoal, looks you have what it takes to make it.

Thanks. Stamina is on the low side but other than that couldn't be more pleased with the guy.

great to see you sharing some insights and how you look at the tactics. Great help for the community!

If you are up for further testing, i have an 3421 which gets my lone striker scoring, can advise you to have a look at 3421!

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

great to see you sharing some insights and how you look at the tactics. Great help for the community!

If you are up for further testing, i have an 3421 which gets my lone striker scoring, can advise you to have a look at 3421!

Thanks mate. I actually started with a 3-4-2-1 formation in Season 1. Then I switched to a slightly different version of it as posted above. They're doing the job for now.

Season 2

Season 1 taught me that I need extra men to cover for injures, suspensions etc something that never really was an issue in previous FM series where I got away with smaller squad sizes, usually between 18-20 players. I prefer working with smaller squads so everyone can get enough games in per season and it usually prevents anyone from moaning over not getting enough time on the pitch. Downside of course is that you can apply a smaller variety of formations during games as you got fewer possibilities with players/positions etc. So against my innitial wishes I have to adapt and bring in some extra faces for Season 2.

Transfers In-Out

Transfers1718.jpg

4 additions that will strengthen the squad.

Martinez, usually a decent defender but kinda let me down this season with mediocre performances. Needs to improve in Season 3.

Klaassen en Sanson will give me lots more options in midfield both in the center and on the wings. Klaassen can also play up front if I need to apply alternative tactics. Sanson I have to say surprised me with really solid performances. Young, talented, good numbers on his attributes and rarely injured. Highly recommend him.

And then Rui Patricio. Reliable experienced GK, I need a strong guy in goal especially with 3 CB's. He did very well saving points for the team on numerous occasions. Also a top penalty-stopper.

Tactics

Nothing new here. Explained in detail in my previous update. Worked well throughout the season. Just a few tweaks on the day and the appropriate guy in the right spot with their most suitable role within the team and that's it.

1 goal/minute Challenge

Villalibre scored 25 'new' minutes for this challenge which leaves him with only 28 numbers remaining.

That's a lovely score. He's doing better here than I expected. But of course, the remaining ones are the hardest and once there's only a handful left it can become a frustrating process to get the last ones in.

Screenshot below.

Spoiler

2m.jpg

28m.jpg

29m33m.jpg

22m.jpg

23m.jpg

40m.jpg

26m.jpg

54m.jpg

17m.jpg

73m.jpg

66m.jpg

68m.jpg

71m.jpg

61m.jpg

49m.jpg

82m.jpg

67m77m.jpg

Notable Losses

Coppa Del Rey Semi-Finals

BarcaLoss.jpg

Last year I was fortunate enough to win the Coppa Del Rey beating Atletico this year was different.

Barca beat me over two legs. They put in a slightly better performance. We fought but lost.

Champions League Quarter-Finals

ChelseaLoss.jpg

Villalibre did ever so well with a brace but Chelsea was simply more efficient. We had lost the tie in the first leg already giving the home crowd a below par display losing 1-2. Chelsea deservedly through. They would end up winning the CL.

Sevilla won last year beating Juventus and we'll do our best to bring this trophy back home next year.

Notable Wins

Club World Championships

CWCwin.jpg

Good performance. Not great and not spectacular but Sevilla are World Champions.

La Liga Decider

BarcaWin.jpg

An absolute thrilling game. This was the actual decider for La Liga tilte. The very last game of an exciting campaign saw Sevilla nicking it in Nou Camp against all expectations. A very welcome win after the earlier losses. Made the season.

La Liga Champions

LaLigaWin.jpg

An overall improvement over last season when I finished 3rd.

1K Challenge

Goaltally121.jpg

+60 goals makes it 121 but - 9 from his Bilbao time makes it 112

Potential

Potential2018.jpg

Looking good on this page. He seems to be reaching his potential altho there's the 'lacks endurance' which is keeping me very worried. And that's actually why I'm not really sure how to progress from here. His stamina dropped again during the X-mas period just like a season ago eventho he's been on fitness training as well as being treated by his fitness coach.

AVfitness.jpg

He is as you see in good hands but his stamina will just not go up anymore. I got the sporadic 10 stamina but once I put him on an attack training regime to up his strikers attributes his stamina drops back within a week to 9. Back to fitness training and his strikers atrr drop gradually which is not doing him any good either.

AVlowStam.jpg

Other than the stamina he looks OK. Fact is that I can't play him 90min. that's of course a game-breaker doing a challenge like this getting 1000 goals. I need him on the pitch every game but now he's being subbed every game. Depending on the game if he plays well he'll do 60 min. A lesser game he goes to 50-55min and if he picks up a few knocks during 1st half or the game's more physical he'll need to stay behind in the dressing room at half time. Or I'll bring him in 2nd half only.

All of that is making this challenge nearly impossible. Yes he got a decent 60 goals this season nonetheless but he missed way too many valuable minutes which could've brought his goal tally to 70+ probably. Not sure what to do next with this guy and this challenge.

Definitely not giving up, I love this team, this player, this challenge but I need some advice. Any feedback appreciated.

Progress

DC112g.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by BatiGoal

I would recommend a fitness, attacking and motivational intense training to make him increase his fitness and attacking stats and the motivation should make him do it quickly. Good luck for the rest of the career and btw great season and KIU