Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Brexit

AeroLAD

Brexit  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brexit be an optional choice for a save, similar to the no transfer window unlockable?

• Yes
    • No

I find it frustrating that we as the players are basically forced to have the Brexit thrown at us. I understand that it is a new feature and it may spice things up, but this isn't the case for everyone. It would have been more convenient if it were an option, similar to the no transfer window unlockable. This would have been a lot more rational than to make it part of the core gameplay. Also it hasn't even taken place. There is always a slight chance it may not at all, hence rendering the realism argument weak. I really wish SI games thought about this. 

What do you guys think. I hope this could be considered in future updates. @Alari@Jack Joyce @Marc Duffy

Edited by AeroLAD

Tbh Article 50 will likely never be triggered in real life. What is the impact of Brexit in FMM again? Couldn't we just earn the work permit achievement easily from this?

Article 50 is likely to be triggered, whether through royal prerogative or through an Act of parliament. It would be politically suicide not too.

With the whole media interaction from Miles in relation to Brexit and how he spent the whole night working it out I'm not surprised its in there how it is.

On 19 November 2016 at 14:17, Wilky1878 said:

I think it should be enforced. Each country has different challenges when mangling there. Brexit is the new challenge for UK teams.

Completely agree with this, although if they did make it an unlockable it wouldn't be a surprise.

Article 50 will be triggered. Even if the UK changes its mind, the EU will force them.

I'd have preferred it to be optional, but then again: something will happen on that front either way. I believe this is a good way to make young people think about what it will mean.

Article 50 being triggered and us leaving the EU still doesn't mean work permits will be needed for EU workers. 

That will be decided in the next 2 years. When the decision has been made regarding free movement then SI should implement it into the game. 

We could find ourselves needing work permits in England after 2 seasons on FMM but in the next 2 months we may negotiate and agree to free movement. 

That will mean  playing FMM17 for 10 months (until FMM18) and it will be completely unrealistic just because SI fancied gambling on politics. 

Just now, billy2shots said:

Article 50 being triggered and us leaving the EU still doesn't mean work permits will be needed for EU workers. 

That will be decided in the next 2 years. When the decision has been made regarding free movement then SI should implement it into the game. 

We could find ourselves needing work permits in England after 2 seasons on FMM but in the next 2 months we may negotiate and agree to free movement. 

That will mean  playing FMM17 for 10 months (until FMM18) and it will be completely unrealistic just because SI fancied gambling on politics. 

Not every situation is us leaving the EU. It goes on probability

11 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

So the game randomises it?

That's  worse, surely.

It is! I mean it could really make or break a save. And tbf it could be argued that it's pretty cool that there are multiple paths this feature could take, but why couldn't have SI just make it an option to cater all players? I hope they comment on this matter soon, considering the vast majority wants it as an option.

Only reason I'm glad it's not an option is because it leaves it a level playing field save to save/person to person. However finding out it's random kinda beats that point as it could impact saves in different ways. (Not seen much of it yet in person)

Tbh while it's just a theory what will happen I think it should be a preference, once everything is sorted and what ever happens in real life happens that's when FMM should enforce such changes on you. 

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Only reason I'm glad it's not an option is because it leaves it a level playing field save to save/person to person. However finding out it's random kinda beats that point as it could impact saves in different ways. (Not seen much of it yet in person)

Tbh while it's just a theory what will happen I think it should be a preference, once everything is sorted and what ever happens in real life happens that's when FMM should enforce such changes on you. 

it isn't "random" it is weighted. Same as in FM.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

it isn't "random" it is weighted. Same as in FM.

Ahh, glad to hear that. I thought in FMM it was just the same outcome every time.

Any research done on the effects of a full Brexit on the reputation and coefficients of England? I am interested to see if it makes a big impact or not.

12 hours ago, Fineraxis said:

Any research done on the effects of a full Brexit on the reputation and coefficients of England? I am interested to see if it makes a big impact or not.

So far just makes buying/selling players a pain in the a**. Took me literally 1 month to sell a player to Genoa, and most of the players I wanna buy from countries like France or Germany are not given a work permit. On top of that, the appeal never works. If someone has an idea as to how to better your chances in getting your player a work permit, let me know please! Oh and one more thing, I am in the Prem; I thought work permits were easily granted to players entering prem teams.

3 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

So far just makes buying/selling players a pain in the a**. Took me literally 1 month to sell a player to Genoa, and most of the players I wanna buy from countries like France or Germany are not given a work permit. On top of that, the appeal never works. If someone has an idea as to how to better your chances in getting your player a work permit, let me know please! Oh and one more thing, I am in the Prem; I thought work permits were easily granted to players entering prem teams.

Work permits are difficult unless players have been capped, are proved to be youngsters or are signed for big money.

7 hours ago, Alari said:

It won't be made a preference at any point - some things are decided on a studio wide level.

Can it at most be considered? I mean the vast majority want it to be a preference. 

On 22/11/2016 at 06:03, AeroLAD said:

Arsenal have had problems with work permits in the recent past e.g. Asano, Joel Campbell, Wellington Silva all failed/struggled to get work permits so had to play abroad for a few years.

International caps is a big factor, as is their 'reputation' (which can help them get a 'special talent visa'). If you find any players you reckon should be getting a work permit but aren't, let us know.

21 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Arsenal have had problems with work permits in the recent past e.g. Asano, Joel Campbell, Wellington Silva all failed/struggled to get work permits so had to play abroad for a few years.

International caps is a big factor, as is their 'reputation' (which can help them get a 'special talent visa'). If you find any players you reckon should be getting a work permit but aren't, let us know.

Right! I didn't really think of that. Can I buy the players and loan them back (the new feature) without requiring a work permit? If so, what happens after the season ends?

2 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

Right! I didn't really think of that. Can I buy the players and loan them back (the new feature) without requiring a work permit? If so, what happens after the season ends?

I'm not sure that would work, since it usually takes 2-4 years of being out on loan to get the work permit. It's definitely something we can keep in mind for the future, though would probably be quite complicated to implement.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

I'm not sure that would work, since it usually takes 2-4 years of being out on loan to get the work permit. It's definitely something we can keep in mind for the future, though would probably be quite complicated to implement.

Could just make them unable to play until they have one? Plenty of clubs have signed players who couldn't get a permit. 

1. Work permit declined - option - do you still want to complete deal yes or no. 

2. Player is unable to play games, so you loan him or sell him. (Maybe have a request work permit option on their profile)

3. Returns from loan and hopefully gets a permit. Be it if it automatically checks once a year or at your request. If you're signing say a Brazilian the exposure of being in a bigger league even on loan could boost your chances of getting the permit later down the line. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Could just make them unable to play until they have one? Plenty of clubs have signed players who couldn't get a permit. 

1. Work permit declined - option - do you still want to complete deal yes or no. 

2. Player is unable to play games, so you loan him or sell him. (Maybe have a request work permit option on their profile)

3. Returns from loan and hopefully gets a permit. Be it if it automatically checks once a year or at your request. If you're signing say a Brazilian the exposure of being in a bigger league even on loan could boost your chances of getting the permit later down the line. 

I'll log it as a feature request for sure.

1 minute ago, gphome said:

Forced worked permits on all footballers won't be enforced like this game shows though, it will be given special dispensation

The government have avoided this question when asked. It's definitely not a confirmed thing

On 11/23/2016 at 07:58, AeroLAD said:

Can it at most be considered? I mean the vast majority want it to be a preference. 

It was considered but it won't be done, it was decided that all the products across the studio have to be consistent in this regard.