Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help (work permits) Brexit ruins game

Razer

I would signed foreign players already in the country, but given the fact they must have been approved before the chances are they will get approved again.

8 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

I would signed foreign players already in the country, but given the fact they must have been approved before the chances are they will get approved again.

Didn't even consider that. I assumed that players already in the country with a work permit wouldn't need a new one. Could be completely wrong there though, never really paid attention to it before!

19 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Didn't even consider that. I assumed that players already in the country with a work permit wouldn't need a new one. Could be completely wrong there though, never really paid attention to it before!

They do require a new one if I remember correctly.

35 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

They do require a new one if I remember correctly.

I thought they were exempt? Most messages I have seen from people say they are granted under special circumstances.

7 hours ago, Dec said:

I thought they were exempt? Most messages I have seen from people say they are granted under special circumstances.

They are if Premier League to premier league, but if Premier League to Championship or vice versa then a work permit is required in the game

Screenshot_20161222-184536.png

Edited by M4cc4n4
On 20/12/2016 at 09:58, Thepremiermanager said:

Had a go last night to check this out.

Team: Chelsea. Signings needed: 20.

I sorted the player search by international caps and worked my way down the list.

Tips:

Go for the cheaper players as you will need to spend a fair amount to sign the 20 needed.

Also check out the free players list - Maicon, Martin Caceres + others count towards permits but only wages needed.

Ignore players from Western Europe (France, Spain etc) as they don't need permits. 

Most Eastern European (Serbia, Russia etc) countries do need permits alongside Asian, African and South Americans.

Check for second nationalities e.g. Ronaldinho has second nationality Spanish so no permit needed!

Every player I signed had 50 + caps and the permit was granted first time - no appeals.

Once you have earned the unlockable it will be available in any save you are playing through the preferences tab.

Hope this helps.

Old thread I know, but this did not work for me. Did they remove this unlock?

WorkPermits_zpsgxsbyff3.jpg

On 2017-6-18 at 22:16, Vaile23 said:

I believe there are other outcomes, just that one has a much higher chance of occurring.

I've only ever seen that outcome. 

And in case anyone was wondering about the actual rules - 

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits/

Which players do need work permits? 

Footballers from outside the EU must still obtain a work permit if they wish to play for English football clubs. Every non-EU footballer must successfully apply for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) with the FA before the Home Office will consider issuing a work permit.

The system has recently been tightened and now only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK. One of the reasons for the rule change was that only 58% of football players who were given work visas played any top-flight football in their second season.

What are the criteria which will be used?

Until 2015, football players needed to have played in at least 75% of their country’s senior international matches over the previous two years to play in the UK. Eligibility for a GBE now depends on a national team’s FIFA ranking, as follows:

Official FIFA Ranking Required % of international matches in past 2 yrs
FIFA 1-10 30% and above
FIFA 11-20 45% and above
FIFA 21-30 60% and above
FIFA 31-50 75% and above
17 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

I believe there are other outcomes, just that one has a much higher chance of occurring.

I saved and reloaded 10-15 times, got the same outcome each time.

So I just started up a Man City save and signed 20 non-EU players in 10 minites to get the unlockable. Will save me a headache or two.