Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career JoeWins Attempts the 50-50 1K Split – Ousmane Dembele

Joewins

500 Goals, 500 Assists, 1 Player

Stade_rennais_-_Le_Havre_AC_20150708_28.JPG

After the disappointment of Dembele (somehow?!) missing the cut in 2016 I was itching to manage the latest nailed on Wonderkid superstar. I thought I’d go for the 50-50 as it’s my own challenge and I wanted to try and drum up some interest that might encourage someone else to have a go…

220px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

I’ve never really managed in Germany before so I’m going straight to the source with Borussia Dortmund. They have a great squad and most of it is made up of German nationals so I know the bulk of my squad will be thoroughly rested after the international breaks.

Season 1 to follow...

Very tough challenge I think. Not so much for those 500goals but more those assists are a pain.

Very good team to try it with. Looking forward to see how this works out for you. Goodluck!

Season One

IMG_9667.PNG

With Dembele already at the club and a very strong existing squad the majority of my transfer dealing was setting the team up for the long-haul. I liked the look of Andre Horta from SLB as a creative midfielder to build a bit of a partnership with OD, Diawara looks solid as a tough tacking midfielder and Pinamonti is on new on the wonderkid list as well as Romero and Donnarumma who need no introduction.

Crossing, Dribbling, Shooting, Technique and Pace are all green and with intensive training his attributes are primed to go through the roof. I’ll be playing him on the right behind the striker as an IF, I built the formation on the strengths of the team. Of course OD will be on pens and free kicks as well as corners as you can get a lot of assists if you have players with high aerial stats.

IMG_9668.PNG

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_9615.PNGIMG_9616.PNG

Tactics

Spoiler

IMG_9670.PNGIMG_9671.PNG

Bundesliga

Despite leading for much of the season our form dropped off towards the tail end and Bayern snuck past us.

No Pic...

German Cup

We did however have success in the cup.

Spoiler

IMG_9605.PNGIMG_9606.PNG

Champions League

And we’re almost there in the Champions League, just losing out to Sevilla on pens.

Spoiler

IMG_9608.PNG

Dembele

A solid first year whilst still in his teens for the most part, I know from experience it’s the assists that are tricky to rack up whilst playing him in role that will also score goals.

Spoiler

IMG_9604.PNG

IMG_9609.PNGIMG_9610.PNGIMG_9611.PNG

Totals

Goals

Assists

Edited by Joewins

Season 2

I was happy with the squad as we have a good mix of old and young and in-between, along with Dembele, Horta and Diawara  were particularly standout for the youngsters. I brought in Walcott on loan but binned him after about 3 games as he wasn’t getting in the team over Dembele, Gotze, Reus, Schurrle or Aubameyang, but that was about it for activity.

Now out of his teens and with a settled squad and formation I was hoping Dembele would kick on a bit from last year.

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_9654.PNG

IMG_9655.PNG

Competetions

Spoiler

The League – Winners! Just…

IMG_9658.PNG

German Cup – Very disappointing after last years success

IMG_9660.PNG

Champs League – Again, lost out to tough opposition early on

IMG_9659.PNG

Awards

Spoiler

IMG_9618.PNG

IMG_9663.PNG

IMG_9664.PNG

Dembele

Spoiler

IMG_9656.PNG

IMG_9657.PNG

- An injury dotted season has meant he played nearly ten fewer games than last year and the stats really reflect that. I’m not panicking just yet with attributes like his. I might have to reconsider the German league though as they only have an 18 team league and one cup, whilst I’m approaching the years where the numbers need to rocket maybe a move will be needed to club with a busier calendar.

Total

Goal – 58

Assists - 34

Edited by Joewins

It makes a big difference the league you're playing in as you mentioned @Joewins I'm playing in Spain which count 20 teams. That's 4 extra games. Also, Spanish Cup goes over 2 legs so that's another potentially 4-5 games. Spanish Super Cups (2 legs) that's another extra game over you. Maybe 10 games per season that's a massive advantage I have over you. In total there's about 65 games/season including all Cups (World' clubch. etc.) in Spain. I think England with the additional League Cup is no different.

Unlucky in the cups there Joe. Always annoying when you get knocked out early and miss the chance of playing a few extra games. 

I'm stuck  trying to master Germany. As Bati says, the total number of games are lower than elsewhere. For the record I think Germany is the second hardest league for goal/assist based challenges. Italy is obviously number 1. 

Dembele is a grand player so if you have a chance with anyone it's with him. 

Keep pounding through the seasons. 

I never like changing teams outside a transfer window and if i'm going to change to a new league i'll have to time it right to get a big team who will be able to afford Dembele straight off. It is very much in my plans though.

1 hour ago, danovic78 said:

Is your winger stealing assists in your current formation as that might be an idea to change so everything goes through Dembele?

The winger is getting assists as is the APM but to be honest the majority go towards OD's goal tally. A lot of his assists come from front post corners so that is something I'll have to think about with who to play as my lone striker.

I've never had a player miss as many penalties. I should count up the tally in one season - his misses so many it would almost be more beneficial to take him off pens and hope he picks up assists when he wins them instead!

2 hours ago, Joewins said:

I never like changing teams outside a transfer window and if i'm going to change to a new league i'll have to time it right to get a big team who will be able to afford Dembele straight off. It is very much in my plans though.

The winger is getting assists as is the APM but to be honest the majority go towards OD's goal tally. A lot of his assists come from front post corners so that is something I'll have to think about with who to play as my lone striker.

I've never had a player miss as many penalties. I should count up the tally in one season - his misses so many it would almost be more beneficial to take him off pens and hope he picks up assists when he wins them instead!

Same here re the penalties. My striker (Villalibre) misses about 50% and he's in his 8th season now. He took about 40 of them (about 5 per season) and missed about 20. Truly dramatic.

IMG_9816.PNG

It had to be done and I couldn’t have lucked out more than to get Man City.

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_9683.PNG

IMG_9684.PNG

My big annoyance with FMM in the past has been the hording of top players at top clubs often leaving them massively over stocked in some arears of the pitch. I was pleasantly surprised to see the squad was quiet balanced, albeit a bit top heavy after signing Dembele. I sold off some players for bargain prices just to remove the headache of players complaining about game time. Keeping the likes of De Bruyne and Sane to support Dembele behind the striker and Icardi and Aguerro up front – low aerial stats for set piece but both prolific in open play. Gaya and Bellerin came in to replace the ageing full-backs, Zabaleta & Clichy who can act as handy cover.

Competitions - A mixed bag but next year I’ll put my stamp on the team and am looking to post some serious numbers.

Spoiler

The League

IMG_9685.PNG

League Cup

IMG_9688.PNG

FA Cup

IMG_9686.PNG

Champs League

IMG_9687.PNG

A mixed bag but next year I’ll put my stamp on the team and am looking to post some serious numbers.

Awards

Spoiler

IMG_9631.PNG

IMG_9693.PNG

IMG_9694.PNG

Coaches and Training

I used to go with General over Fitness but using this set up and routine a have a number of players hitting 20 for all three of Pace, Stamina and Strength and a lot are 18+ for all of them.

Spoiler

IMG_9692.PNG

IMG_9691.PNG

Dembele

Spoiler

IMG_9689.PNG

IMG_9632.PNG

IMG_9634.PNG

IMG_9690.PNG

Totals

Goals

Assists

IMG_9636.PNG

Edited by Joewins

Season 4

Transfers

I’ve gone for a bit more aerial presence for corners this year so Icardi, Aguero and Jovetic out, Griezman, Kane and Ronaldo in. Ronaldo had been released on a free at the end of the first season and had been (secretly) banging them in for Arouca in the Portuguese league – in past years once a player hits their early to mid-thirties they decline so rapidly, but on FMM2017 it’s a much more natural decline. For someone like Ronaldo who will still be a beast for years to come this seems much more realistic.

Spoiler

IMG_9801.PNGIMG_9802.PNGIMG_9803.PNG

Competitions

Domestic dominance, European naivety.

Spoiler

IMG_9804.PNGIMG_9807.PNGIMG_9809.PNGIMG_9808.PNG

Dembele

That’s a bit more like it

Spoiler

IMG_9805.PNGIMG_9806.PNG

Goals

Assists

79 chipped off the total and as expected he'll hit the goals target long before the assists target so at some point I am going to have to work out a new tactic!

Awards

I think he won WPOTY too but i can't seem to find it...

Spoiler

IMG_9810.PNGIMG_9811.PNGIMG_9811.PNG

IMG_9812.PNG

Are you still playing him as an IF in one of the two AMC spots?? That would be an insanely good rendement. Looks like striker stats at the moment.

Good work, KIU!

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Are you still playing him as an IF in one of the two AMC spots?? That would be an insanely good rendement. Looks like striker stats at the moment.

Good work, KIU!

IF. He gets most of his assists from set pieces and no other player out "asissts" him so I will have to change the whole system at some point rather than simply switching positions.

Season 5

Transfers

Not too much going on here. I bought an Italian striker who was smashing them in in Serie A to cover Kane and Passlack a quality cover for Bellerin. I also bought a highly rate Argentinian CB who was top of the world youth ranking in the scout report – back on 2016 that almost guaranteed a quality player straight off but it seems 2017 needs you to nurture a young player before they come good. I don’t have the time nor inclination so he didn’t see much game time.

Spoiler

IMG_9817.PNGIMG_9818.PNG

Comps

A mixed bag, European success, domestic meh…

Spoiler

IMG_9821.PNGIMG_9825.PNGIMG_9823.PNGIMG_9824.PNGIMG_9822.PNG

Awards

Spoiler

IMG_9648.PNGIMG_9651.PNGIMG_9652.PNG

Dembele

Down on last season due to fitness issues (not big injuries though, touchwood), a few knocks limited his game time and he always returned from international duty in the low 80s. Didier Deschamps is somehow holding on to the French job despite not even qualifying for the Euro’s.

Stats are looking nice!

IMG_9649.PNGIMG_9819.PNGIMG_9820.PNG

Total - still goal heavy but getting there...

Goals

Assists

Looking good goal-wise, plenty of time to reach 500 but I'm worried about those assists. Hope he picks that up in the coming seasons.

KIU!

On 12/21/2016 at 04:49, BatiGoal said:

Looking good goal-wise, plenty of time to reach 500 but I'm worried about those assists. Hope he picks that up in the coming seasons.

Same here, I've been running some test saves to try anf work a formation to get the assists up but I'm struggling to find anything consistent. I'll keep trying though!