Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Compare players?

JVipero

Simple question: what stats need to be taken into account for what position?

More elaborate: I started playing FMM some time ago. I choose to make Portmouth great again and so far so good. I won the first season (and the checkatrade throphy) and Im halfway through the second season in Sky Bet League One with no competition losses so far and breaking 4 points away from the number two. The worth of my players have risen to almost €30M total. My most valued player is Conor Chaplin with €4.9M. He's approx €200k worth in RL, so I'm doing something good. The problem is: I dont know what! His stats aren't very impressive and I can get replacement for less then a million who got better stats.

I want to build my team and stick to Portmouth, so I need to get the right players in for the long run. Now, my main question is: what stats are important for which position? I guess aerial skills aren't very important for a winger, but are essential for a good central defender or goalkeeper. Lack of shooting skills wouldn't be a problem for the defender, but a striker would be very sad without them. So far its obvious, but what about technique, creativity and movement? What do those skills cover, because if movement really means that the player moves, than having a 1 on the skill would make him literally a rock and pace 1 would make him a turtle. Here below I got two left defenders with their stats.

Enda Stevens Raheem Hanley
Aerial 10 10
Crossing 9 11
Dribbling 9 11
Passing 10 10
Shooting 8 8
Tackling 11 12
Technique 11 12
Aggression 12 11
Creativity 12 10
Decisions 13 12
Leadership 10 20
Movement 6 12
Positioning 12 13
Teamwork 12 11
Pace 9 16
Stamina 13 15
Strength 9 9
TOTAL 176 203
Age 27 23
Nationality Irish English

The first player (Stevens) is worth 875k, the second (Hanley) is worth 170K. Stevens personality is normal and he has no negatives on his coach report. Hanley's very ambitious and he is a inconsistent player as the only negative in the coach report. Are there still other stats I need to take into consideration, has playtime something to do with it (Hanley is fairly new and hasn't been playing very much yet)? Stevens is only able to play left defender, Hanley can play M LC and D L.

Why is Stevens worth more than 5 Hanley's? And what do i have to take into consideration to decide which players are good and which are less (preferable per position)? Please enlighten me. Thank you!

PS: I couldnt find a topic on this issue, if there is, please refer me to it.

Edited by JVipero