Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Potential ability maximum

veerus

Does anyone have a feel for how much a player's attribute can increase over his career?  For example, if I have an 18-year old 5-star striker, what is the lowest his shooting ability can be at the start to still max out at 20 by age of ~25-27?  

On 12/2/2016 at 23:33, veerus said:

Does anyone have a feel for how much a player's attribute can increase over his career?  For example, if I have an 18-year old 5-star striker, what is the lowest his shooting ability can be at the start to still max out at 20 by age of ~25-27?  

Perhaps I should rephrase the question..  I'm trying to figure out young player's potential.  How much can you expect a 5-star player's attributes increase over his career?  In other words, if he starts with a 15 attribute, I assume it's pretty likely it will go up to 20, right?  But if he has a 10 attribute, what would you expect that attribute to max out at.. 15? 17?... Have you ever seen a youngster hit a 20 in the attribute after starting around 10?  

Basically, what's the range an attribute can increase over a player's career?

Personally always found it to be trial and error as there's no real consistency other than the guarantee that playing time and training impacts stats heavily. I have my own rule where if they don't go up by 2 in their key stats within 2 seasons whilst under intense training & with game time then I sell them on.

I've never seen a striker go from something like 9 shooting to 17+ but if you find a very good evo-gen then there's potential for them to rise that high although most start with pretty solid stats.

Edited by Jack

Like you, I don't expect much from players if they don't increase their stats early. 

And there is a maximum that's tied to the starting stat. I'm trying to estimate what it is. My current working theory is that it can be simplified to potential. A 5-star player can be expected to grow his primary attribute by about 5-6 points over his life while a 1-star player would be lucky to increase more than 1-2. From this, it stands to reason that if you want a player with a 19-20 attribute, you need to have a 18-year old who starts with 14-15. 

I've had different results with different players. Had one at 16 years old with 12 shooting that went up to 19 for 3-4 years at his peak. Had another with 15 in shooting at 17 years old and it never went higher than 16

12 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I've had different results with different players. Had one at 16 years old with 12 shooting that went up to 19 for 3-4 years at his peak. Had another with 15 in shooting at 17 years old and it never went higher than 16

Do you remember how many stars their potential ability was when they were young?

Depends what you mean. I don't he lave the IGE so I don't know their actual potential but they were both between 3 and 4 stars which became 4.5 to 5 stars as they got older

I don't have the editor either. I'm just looking at their shownpotential ability in-game because any player in the top leagues with a PA of 5-stars theoretically has a chance of being a superstar. 

1 hour ago, veerus said:

I don't have the editor either. I'm just looking at their shownpotential ability in-game because any player in the top leagues with a PA of 5-stars theoretically has a chance of being a superstar. 

The problem with star rating is that it doesn't say much. As far as i can remember, the league you play in is of influence, training,rest and games as well.

in short if you f the above up, he could have started with 5 stars potential but you will never reach his max potential.

That's a fair point.  But without an editor, we can only make educated guesses so I'm trying to get some education from the veterans here.  I typically go through games fairly slowly and I rarely get more than 10-15 years into a career on a single save so I don't have the benefit of multiple rapid playthroughs. 

As I understand it, the CA/PA shown is based on your coaches' ability and is relative to the rest of your team so a 5-star player in VNN is completely different than a 5-star player in PL.  But that is also reflected in their starting stats - a VNN player is lucky to start with a couple 13s in key attributes whereas a good PL prospect would be expected to have 13s in almost everything that matters.  So then, I would assume a VNN 5-star prospect is unlikely to grow those 13s into much more than a 16-17 while a PL 5-star prospect would be expected to turn those 13s into 18s+.

Stats seem to loosely coincide with PA, but somewhat independent (physicals are seemingly completely independent).

For me, I look out for stamina, pace, strength and technique for a youngster before signing. At least 13 for stamina and pace/stregngth) and 15 technique. As for growth, a change of 11 to 15 happens often, but players with 9 for stats rarely go past 10.

Don't forget that training plays a big part. You could sacrifice a point or two in other areas for ones you want. 

Your striker with 15 shooting and 14 heading could become 16 shooting 13 heading etc by reducing training in one area and maxing it in another. 

From my experience you won't get a player's stat to go up by more than +5 or +6 in his career, even with the most amazing of wonderkids.

From what I remember most wonderkids seem to hit their stats' peak between the ages of 24-26