Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Being offered international roles

Scratch

Has anyone been offered international roles out of the blue? I had Denmark turn up on my doorstep uninvited:

Denmark-1.jpg

Of course I invited them in for tea and politely told them I was a little busy at the moment. But why did they ask me in the first place? I didn't apply for the job. I'm Australian, not Danish. And while I've been winning trophies in Scotland, my reputation is only National:

Denmark-2.jpg

Has anyone had anything similar?

6 minutes ago, le3ky said:

None yet for me. Do you have any Danish players? 

Are we able to accept country roles whilst keeping our club job? 

No Danish players. Or any connection that I can see.

I'm not sure if we can keep our club role - I'd be interested to know. I probably should have saved and tried accepting to see what happened...

52 minutes ago, le3ky said:

None yet for me. Do you have any Danish players? 

Are we able to accept country roles whilst keeping our club job? 

The last two you could play league and international teams at the same time. I was Bournemouth and England at the same time. FMM17 may be different but I suspect not.  

Ghana offered me a job as well and I can confirm you can manage both an international team and a club team. Screenshot of the Celtic and Ghana buttons in the left menu:

Screenshot_20161206-034619.jpg

I'm not sure why particularly, but Denmark (at least in the game) is pretty accepting of hiring foreign managers. I've managed them last year to winning 2 Euros and 1 Confederation Cup in FMM 16, they didn't offer, but accepted my application. Still without a World Cup but it's 2034 and I'm trying to win it before finally fully moving to FMM 17.

This year's FMM is pretty manager firing happy, they might have fired all the Danish managers available and turned to you?

Got offered the job for Denmark too,  just after only one season and a title of Ligue 1 champion in France. I had 2 Danish players in my team. It also happened once in FMM 16, same thing with Denmark. 

I'm managing Salford City, when i was at League One, Nigeria offered me a job, and like u, i rejected the offer due to inappropriate for me to accept because i'm still managing Salford City at League One.

I got offered the Brazil national managers jobs while managing falkirk. No obvious connection either. But I only see jobs from Scotland or national jobs. I'm not sure what's happening. 

13 minutes ago, Kenbhoy12 said:

I got offered the Brazil national managers jobs while managing falkirk. No obvious connection either. But I only see jobs from Scotland or national jobs. I'm not sure what's happening. 

Did you only load the Scottish league?

1 minute ago, Dec said:

Did you only load the Scottish league?

See I thought that. But I'm sure when I started the game I picked 4 leagues main one was the Scottish league. Can I change it or am I stuck cause I'm about 10 years into this save and want to preferably move nations.

2 minutes ago, Kenbhoy12 said:

See I thought that. But I'm sure when I started the game I picked 4 leagues main one was the Scottish league. Can I change it or am I stuck cause I'm about 10 years into this save and want to preferably move nations.

Go to competitions and see which countries appear on the first screen.