Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Selling Players in FMM 2017

16 minutes ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

How do you guys get offers for players you want to sell? Transfer listing and offering to clubs never yield any offers. Any advice? 

I'm always able to sell mine. Perhaps lower your asking price.

Transfer list them and offer them for about 20% of their value. £1m value = £200k offer etc. If you don't recieve any bids then keep an eye on their contract page and as soon as any club appears as interested, offer again at the low value. 

When you get a bid, it's time for the gambling bit. Negotiate up to where you are happy with. Don't negotiate to full price straight away, it often takes two or three rounds to get the offer to near asking price. I usually settle for 10% lower than the players value (unless he is a star player then I get more than his value). Be careful and don't get too greedy or you could  lose the sale. 

Edited by billy2shots
2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm always able to sell mine. Perhaps lower your asking price.

I usually offer them for about half their value as I'm usually just trying to get their wages off the books

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Transfer list them and offer them for about 20% of their value. £1m value = £200k offer etc. If you don't recieve any bids then keep an eye on their contract page and as soon as any club appears as interested, offer again at the low value. 

When you get a bid, it's time for the gambling bit. Negotiate up to where you are happy with. Don't negotiate to full price straight away, it often takes two or three rounds to get the offer to near asking price. I usually settle for 10% lower than the players value (unless he is a star player then I get more than his value). Be careful and don't get too greedy or you could  lose the sale. 

Thanks, I'll give this a try! I usually only try to get more than their value if the offer is unsolicited 

4 hours ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

Thanks, I'll give this a try! I usually only try to get more than their value if the offer is unsolicited 

Sometimes it's due to age or wage of the player.

I tried seeing Rooney in my United save but I didn't succede because he's old and on too much money while I got a bid for Shaw that wasn't even transfer listed 

Sometimes you have to offer out a player for £0 to drum up interest. Clubs normally start coming in quickly after and you can start ramping up the asking price.

Beware that if a player hasn't played regular for a long time or is of a certain age he may not be appealing to clubs, no matter the price. On FMM2016, I had to wait several years for Adel Taarabt's contract to expire on my SL Benfica save, because no one wanted him. Just had to watch him rot in the reserves, and continue paying him £30,000 a week :(

4 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Sometimes you have to offer out a player for £0 to drum up interest. Clubs normally start coming in quickly after and you can start ramping up the asking price.

Beware that if a player hasn't played regular for a long time or is of a certain age he may not be appealing to clubs, no matter the price. On FMM2016, I had to wait several years for Adel Taarabt's contract to expire on my SL Benfica save, because no one wanted him. Just had to watch him rot in the reserves, and continue paying him £30,000 a week :(

You could've released him... 

I just offer them for zero every few days until someone bites, you have to be okay with accepting under their value though and work up with it. 

I'm managing Salford City from Vanarama North until now Premier League.

Vanarama North - i up the price until 100k for every each player and i managed to sell 8 from 10 players with the price that i want.

Vanarama League - i set the price to 200k and like before, i managed to sell the player eventho not every player that i want to rid off.

League 2 - i set the price to 300k-400k. same as before, i succeeded.

League 1 - i set 500k. succeeded.

Championship - at this stage i will try to rip off from 1m-2m per player. sometimes 3m-4m if the star player.

by using this, i managed to control may wage budget by converting the transfer budget before i end the season. btw most of the player i get from bosman.

p/s: pardon my poor English. 

20 minutes ago, FreeMen said:

I'm managing Salford City from Vanarama North until now Premier League.

Vanarama North - i up the price until 100k for every each player and i managed to sell 8 from 10 players with the price that i want.

Vanarama League - i set the price to 200k and like before, i managed to sell the player eventho not every player that i want to rid off.

League 2 - i set the price to 300k-400k. same as before, i succeeded.

League 1 - i set 500k. succeeded.

Championship - at this stage i will try to rip off from 1m-2m per player. sometimes 3m-4m if the star player.

by using this, i managed to control may wage budget by converting the transfer budget before i end the season. btw most of the player i get from bosman.

p/s: pardon my poor English. 

This is very helpful and your English good! Thank you! 

Some players are easy to sell, some are hard to sell... Sometimes I'll the hard to sell ones for $0 just to get rid of them. Even though I don't make any money directly, I free up their wages, which I can convert to transfer funds - can be significant once I've gotten rid of few big earners.

The other thing I've done is to use players as a part exchange in a transfer for someone I want. Eg: I find a player where they want $12M and I offer them $8M plus that $4M player I can't sell. Doesn't always work (they have to be interested in the player) and not sure whether they always use his full value in the calculations, but I've shifted quite a lot of hard to sell players this way.

It's not any different from FMM17 from my experience. I just offer them at market value at the start of the window, then stop if any clubs are interested and wait. If no clubs are interested, I offer again in about a week. I usually get higher than market value offers, though often I sometimes settle market value or 1 value lower.

If they don't sell, last 2 weeks of window, list them for loan and offer then out on loan. With Liverpool, only the end of the second summer (basically I only played 1 season and haven't started the second one), only Woodburn and Moreno are left (I want them)