Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Manager Sackings

DaBla27

@Alari - Taking your advice here and adding this in as a separate thread.  Now I know frequent manager sackings is  a well known issue but I always thought it was in terms of AI managers....not users.

So 2nd season into my Aberdeen save.  Won the league in my first, flying high in my 2nd, won my Champions League Group then got put out by Real Madrid.  I was sitting top of the league with around 8 games to go 4pts clear.  I had gone through a slight dip in form which included the 2 defeats to Real Madrid and a cup defeat and then boom.....sacked!!  I am positive I would have scooped the league title for back to back seasons.  The new manager came in and finished off the season winning it.

Why on earth was I sacked???  Has to be a bug!

On 18/11/2016 at 16:44, Alari said:

This thread is much appreciated, but I do have to say it's easier for tracking purposes to have them all in separate threads on our bugs forum. We will keep an eye out in here but just letting you know what we find the most effective.

Sorry @Dec I thought I had put it where requested by @Alari.  If I've misunderstood then apologies.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Do you have a save from before the sacking?

I do, but it is on an iPad.  How would I get that to you?  The last manual save I have is actually a few months before this happened but still after winning my Champs League group but prior to playing Real Madrid and am sitting 4 pts clear in the league.

I believe that the latest hotfix tweaked manager sackings a fair bit, do you remember whether you had hotfix 2 installed when this happened (it may also take some time in-game to have effect afterwards)?

Just now, Dec said:

He means here https://community.sigames.com/forum/298-football-manager-mobile-technical-help-and-bugs-forum/

Where you placed it is for site feedback and bugs. Thanks

Ah I see, cheers.  Never look in the SI Games forums.  What's the difference between those forums and these?  SI Games the official one and this is a fans site I guess?

Just now, DaBla27 said:

Ah I see, cheers.  Never look in the SI Games forums.  What's the difference between those forums and these?  SI Games the official one and this is a fans site I guess?

That is spot on. I may be bias but the SI forums are more for bugs and complaints these days

1 minute ago, Jack Joyce said:

I believe that the latest hotfix tweaked manager sackings a fair bit, do you remember whether you had hotfix 2 installed when this happened (it may also take some time in-game to have effect afterwards)?

I am on hotfix 2.  I actually won the league after downloading the first hotfix but held off my game after that until the 2nd was released.  Downloaded hotfix 2, continued my game and obviously it was after that I then got sacked.

Ok, steps on finding your save file can be found here https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-mobile-2017/114_ios/120_how-to/how-do-i-access-my-save-files-r345/ . Can you send a zip file containing the save from before to help@sega.co.uk saying it's for Alari? We might be able to reproduce the issue but can't say for sure (the closer to the sacking the better).

1 minute ago, Jack Joyce said:

Ok, steps on finding your save file can be found here https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-mobile-2017/114_ios/120_how-to/how-do-i-access-my-save-files-r345/ . Can you send a zip file containing the save from before to help@sega.co.uk saying it's for Alari? We might be able to reproduce the issue but can't say for sure (the closer to the sacking the better).

Ok, will have to send this on later tonight but will give it a bash.  The only slight issue with trying to replicate this was the fact that I was experimenting with my tactics which I think contributed to my slight dip in form but the fact remains the same.  I was still on the brink of winning the league for the 2nd year on the bounce.

Another slight thing to note was that I got beat 4-1 at home to Real Madrid and the fans were furious?!?!?!?!  I mean I know we beat Madrid in 1983 but the two clubs have grown wildly apart from then till now.

Just seemed that my board confidence seemed to drop from all greens and into red very quickly.

Anyway ill get that file across to you and see what you think.

I have actually just sent the file as requested to the email address you gave under the subject "FAO Alari".

Was a lot easier than expected.

Wat tactic was you using to get Aberdeen to win the title at your first go??? Very impressive, I'm stil havin problems tryn to find a gud one 

I was using a 4-3-3. See screenshots. It worked well but wasn't overly convincing at the same time even though was top of the league again in season 2 and won my Champs League group. When I was getting beat I used to go direct, attacking and go 3 up front with 2 behind.

The following screenshots were of my last manual save that season, I got sacked about 2 months afterwards.....

IMG_0828.PNGIMG_0829.PNGIMG_0830.PNGIMG_0831.PNG