Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Dominating games but not scoring!

Woody

Hey guys n gals...

Ive been doing quite well in my Port Vale save, having loads of shots and dominating possession but no scoring, plus im getting beaten or drawing games. its happenening way too much and its frankly getting very very frustrating.

No one team can dominate so many times and not score. its crazy!!

Here is the tactic i use..

Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-56-26.png

Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-56-21.png

Loads of shots seem to be as you are playing 2 INFs who shoot from long range. Try playing a WNG.

Getting beat will be due to no out ball from defenders. Try CDs and Wing Backs. Also you have no defensive midfielders. Use a good tackling midfielder as a BWM.

You can't play full backs while attacking with inside forwards it will leave ur attackers with few option and no width rather toggle ur tactics to Wing backs and see if the goals will start coming 

Hi guys, 

I've made some adjustments and moved the players around abit, now i managed to get promoted to the prem through the playoffs beating Derby in the final.

Life in the Prem has been pretty average so far, but the usuall is happening again except this time im dominating but then getting battered!!

The spurs game and the SOuthampton game at home were my most frustrating!!

Screenshot_2016-12-10-13-46-27.png

But then i had a thought, maybe im being too attacking so i dropped that down to Balanced and i won my next game comfortably at home to West Ham as you can see. But not getting as much domination.

Screenshot_2016-12-10-13-52-36.png

Screenshot_2016-12-10-13-20-11.png

Sorry the Southampton pic is not further up my post' here is my changed formation which is mirrored from the original, i dont know why i did that but thats what happened and a pic if the team instruction.

Screenshot_2016-12-10-14-07-54.png

Screenshot_2016-12-10-14-07-58.png

Edited by Chris Woodward

Since you just got promoted, don't play offside trap because your defenders are almost definitely slower and weaker than the opponent strikers. They're also probably not nearly as good at being BPDs by comparison so I would make them LD again or CD to stay back more.

In big matches, you could also remove one of your forwards for a left winger or another midfielder to give you some more stability in the middle. Defending mentality with counter attacking may also be worth a try. 

Are you familiar with the concept of Expected Goals?

Your results are the perfect example of what not to do. Your players are giving up good possessions by shooting (likely from outside the  box) instead of looking for better shots. I like to call it the Paul Pogba syndrome. 

I'd get rid of your IF and add another midfielder to balance the formation. 

Notice how less than half of your shots are on target and there are often few clear cut opportunities too. I play very attacking with my teams and get just such stats.

You are getting everything wrong . U just got promoted to EPL . Your style of play shouldn't be static but dynamic . The way you play at home shouldn't be the way you play away . And you shouldn't focus ur passing at the middle exile u r playing a 424 with 2 midfielders and 2 advanced midfielders . Toggle ur tactics to mixed passing,  focus = mixed and rather Dan pressing when u r playing a balance formation u should bank on counter attack . 

Thanks for the help guys....to be honest i think i may be flogging a dead donkey with this formation. im going to keep trying abit longer but i think its meeting its maker!