Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Too easy

jakiy13

9 minutes ago, jakiy13 said:

Does anyone else think that the game is too easy??

Actually I feel the complete opposite. What engine are you playing on?

EME here - in Champions league with a Van South starter team and having a real ruff time. Post 90 minutes I often concede to the point of draw or loss and tend to struggle scoring. I have also noticed a 4-4-2 formation cropping up ALOT.

Defo not easy. 

1 hour ago, jakiy13 said:

Does anyone else think that the game is too easy??

Any chance you could post some screenshots from your experience of the game being too easy?

24 minutes ago, DaBla27 said:

Any chance you could post some screenshots from your experience of the game being too easy?

yeah i'm curious too

I kinda think it's a bit too easy if you have any kind of money. Playing EME Won a cup double in first season with Southampton and then the league and euro cup double in second season. Had an amazing squad by that point, Lukaku, Goretzka, Alli and Rashford just some of the signings, so lost interest. A lower league team has been much harder, get virtually zero budget even after promotion to premier league.

I don't still understand why people always go for wonderkids when they have the money, it makes the game look easy.

I prefer going for average unknown players because I'm not sure of what to expect from them, they could be good or bad and to me it makes the game interesting 

4 hours ago, Dar J said:

I don't still understand why people always go for wonderkids when they have the money, it makes the game look easy.

I prefer going for average unknown players because I'm not sure of what to expect from them, they could be good or bad and to me it makes the game interesting 

Agreed but I still do it, I can't help myself.

4 hours ago, Dar J said:

Agreed. I never look at the wonder kid threads and prefer my own scouting to guide my player acquisition. 

This is definitely the most difficult game in the series, that is, if you're using the enhanced match engine. 

Even if I'm having a successful career, I notice that the third season is much more challenging, I presume because opposition teams have been strengthening their squads for two seasons  and getting used to my tactics. It's much closer to reality this year. 

12 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

This is definitely the most difficult game in the series, that is, if you're using the enhanced match engine. 

Even if I'm having a successful career, I notice that the third season is much more challenging, I presume because opposition teams have been strengthening their squads for two seasons  and getting used to my tactics. It's much closer to reality this year. 

Either that or you are Jose MMourinho and always bottle it after season 3.

I usually play English, Italian, German and Spanish league. Tried to play with all the biggest clubs like Real, Barca or Bayern and it's too heavy. I sacked with Real in November 2016. Can't win Las Plamas or similar clubs.

Since FMH 14 was released I wasn't without the game on my phone and I'm soo dissapointed right now

I think the EME is very difficult.  One minute you think you could be onto a winner with a tactic/set up and then boom, it goes down the toilet.  I find I am constantly trying to put something together that works but never find anything consistent.

However I did win the league with Aberdeen in my first season which could fit in with the claim it's too easy.

14 hours ago, ante1995 said:

I usually play English, Italian, German and Spanish league. Tried to play with all the biggest clubs like Real, Barca or Bayern and it's too heavy. I sacked with Real in November 2016. Can't win Las Plamas or similar clubs.

Since FMH 14 was released I wasn't without the game on my phone and I'm soo dissapointed right now

Don't give in this easily.

You just gotta get those tactics rights. Have you tried any of the tactics posted here recently? I suggest you try a few of those out as there's bound to be one that suits your players.

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't give in this easily.

You just gotta get those tactics rights. Have you tried any of the tactics posted here recently? I suggest you try a few of those out as there's bound to be one that suits your players.

I changed to large database and enhanced match engine. Now works great ???

55 minutes ago, ante1995 said:

I changed to large database and enhanced match engine. Now works great ???

Awesome. Feel free to share your tactics with us someday ;)

I agree with OP,  Ive played 4 season with man utd and easily winning the League and most cups every year. The last season i only conceded 4 league goals in a season (1 at 30 games when i won the League and then 3 more when playing the last games with my youth team). 

I have only bought the players that my scouts recommend and not checked any wonderkid lists. I have only used my own tactics.

I have used the EME but not with the option large database. Could this be a problem?

Maybe playing with a large club like man utd is "easy mode" and it is me that have not choosen a more challanging carrer?

6 hours ago, Haukr said:

Maybe playing with a large club like man utd is "easy mode" and it is me that have not choosen a more challanging carrer?

Yes playing top teams has never been particularly difficult on any FMM version. 17 is no exception. 

For those who are finding it too easy I suggest you check out the challenge forum. 

A lot of players at vibe gave up playing the  game as it was intended and concentrate on certain challenges instead. 

Some challenges are simple or short, others are much harder and take a long time. When you find those challenges too easy, create your own harder ones. 

On 2016-12-12 at 11:51, AeroLAD said:

yeah i'm curious too

Okay. So I the screenshot below is me with Rotherham looking at great form in the championship after earning promotion in my second season from league 1. I made some great signings and my tactic works well but I have compared my players to players on others in my league and I should not be looking at tjis type of form. I don't think that it's the failt of the game engine but I think that AI managers tend to do a poor job (IE always switching to a 4-4-2 until most of its players are put of position). I'm all for being successful but in my three seasons of the game I have been promoted three times with two teams (Grimsby and Rotherham) who shouldn't be cruising to such great finishes. I feel as though being promoted in two consecutive seasons is unheard of and I love the success, but not at the expense of the game's realism. Enhanced Engine, by the way.

IMG_1766.PNG

IMG_1767.PNG

17 minutes ago, jakiy13 said:

I don't think that it's the failt of the game engine but I think that AI managers tend to do a poor job (IE always switching to a 4-4-2 until most of its players are put of position). 

That's a holdover from last year's version.  SI are aware of it.  Hopefully it gets fixed in the January update.

On 2016-12-12 at 10:40, Gonzolito said:

Erf, I'm currently struggling with EME so I would not say YES ^^

Well, some time later and it looks like I have to ear my words as I am now struggling in second last of the turkish third division. Guess I was just getting lucky...

In the main I think its like football irl - if you make up a solid team with a tactic that suits them then everything can go swimmingly and seem 'easy' for a while ... however now and again something will happen which makes things go out of whack (promoted beyond the level of your current squad, key player retiring, getting injured or unhappy for instance, rise of a rival team or a tactical approach which nerfs your preferred one etc.) and then it seems really hard until you adjust again ... which hopefully you do before everything goes truly pear shaped ;)

Edited by Marc Vaughan
1 hour ago, Tussuduft said:

How do I know if I'm playing with EME or not? I have sampdoria and this game seems way too easy..

When you start the save there is an option to choose which match engine you use. I believe if you go in game status (or words to that effect) in the save it says what engine you are using.

For me, it becomes easy after 6-7 seasons, as most clubs tend to end up with players either well past their best, or young players just breaking through, so if you buy well, you'll have a big advantage 

For the first few seasons though, I think the game is great (using EME). As teams seem to counter tactics well, so it's a challenge rather than just choosing a squad and mindlessly pressing 'continue' and dozing through a season