Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Le Tour de France 2017

BatiGoal

Le Tour de France 2017

J4qgeFq.png

I'd like to present you one of my personal favorite challenges. It's an updated version of my 'Le Tour de France 2015' challenge. Two years ago the Tour started in Holland, but now, two years later, the Tour is going to kick-off in Germany. So with that along with a few new French teams that joined the top division I revived and updated this adventurous challenge for you to attempt.

Description

The Tour 2017 is starting off in Germany before making a quick passage through Belgium and Luxembourg and as usual continuing, and finally ending, in France. There are 21 stages in this cycling competition before reaching its finish line in Paris but for the convenience of this challenge I've reduced it to 3 with a final stage.

For this challenge you'll not only need to pick a player who excels at 1 particular aspect only, such as scoring goals or providing assists, but at both. Tour de France champions excel in a team (I call it assists) as well as in individual time trials (the goals) so you'll need to choose wisely. A player who can play in multiple positions (AMC L/R and ST) is highly recommended.

The 3 Stages + Final Stage

85h5AMH.png

Stage 1: Germany

Pick any German team from the top division

Stage 2: North France

Pick any Northern French team from the top division

Zcdk68p.png

Stage 3: South France

Pick any Southern French team from the top division

FoVJCjL.png

Final Stage: Paris

Land the PSG job

oYfdnGd.png

Challenge Rules

• Bring your player to Germany and provide 25 assists in stage 1
  • Move your player to N. France and provide 25 assists in stage 2
  • Move your player to S. France and provide 25 assists in stage 3
  • Move your player to Paris (PSG) and score 250 goals
  • NO unlockables, editors, reloading etc. allowed.
  • NO grey players or regens allowed. Real players ONLY.
  • You must post a career with screenshots to be eligible for the leaderboard.

Leaderboard

Edited by BatiGoal

I love this challenge. If I get time I'm going to give it a go, I just need to pick a player.

Maybe for the first stage to increase difficulty ban German teams who've qualified for Europe?

5 minutes ago, Dec said:

I love this challenge. If I get time I'm going to give it a go, I just need to pick a player.

Maybe for the first stage to increase difficulty ban German teams who've qualified for Europe?

Good to hear you like it, Dec.

I was thinking about that too. On the other hand, if people decide to start off with a big German team they'll significantly decrease their odds of bringing their player to a smaller Northern French team in stage 2. This demands careful planning.

But I like your suggestion. I'll have a look at those German teams.

Loved the original but taking a player from Holland to Belgium was impossible for me. This version looks a lot more do able, defo one on my maybe list :D. 

51 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

@BatiGoalCan the player already be at the German club when you start?

Sure can. Remember he needs to move to a (small) N.French team so make sure you pick a suitable German team ;)

10 hours ago, Gladiator said:

VIVE LA FRANCE !!!!!! My country <3<3 the best country of the world !!!

Haha cheers man. Nothing wrong with showing some love for your country.

I hope you have a crack at this challenge ;)

15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Sure can. Remember he needs to move to a (small) N.French team so make sure you pick a suitable German team ;)

Thanks, I have found one good prospect but I think he will turn too good and his value might be too much for the clubs on Stage 2...Tricky!

38 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Thanks, I have found one good prospect but I think he will turn too good and his value might be too much for the clubs on Stage 2...Tricky!

I know for a fact the hardest part of this challenge is entering stage 2. Hard but not impossible. That's why it's fun to see what players and starting clubs people come up with as either one can't be too big or 'known'. :)

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I know for a fact the hardest part of this challenge is entering stage 2. Hard but not impossible. That's why it's fun to see what players and starting clubs people come up with as either one can't be too big or 'known'. :)

I have started with a very young kid who "could" become great but hopefully will stay under the radar. If I manage to knock over the first 25 assists in a couple of seasons I might be ok.

That's exactly why I kept a somewhat low number (25 assists). If you manage that in 1 season that's perfect but most likely in one and half or two seasons tops which makes him still "marketable" for stage 2. Tricky but if someone can it's you :) Goodluck!

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Haha cheers man. Nothing wrong with showing some love for your country.

I hope you have a crack at this challenge ;)

yes bro, but now i'm only managing national teams, when i will be avaible for this, i will try this beautiful challenge :) 

I believe there have been 3 (failed) attempts, eventho it isn't a particularly difficult challenge. I'll make a leaderboard in case someone manages to ride this out :)

Just a quick one mate, if I pick say Ousmane Dembele, how am I meant to get him to one of those Northern French teams when he will cost 80+ million?

Thanks for adding the leaderboard, might have a go!

8 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Just a quick one mate, if I pick say Ousmane Dembele, how am I meant to get him to one of those Northern French teams when he will cost 80+ million?

You have to be smart when picking a player for this challenge, Dembele is obviously not suitable. It wouldn't be a challenge going with him anyway, it'd be too easy. Those 3 failed attempts had more to do with people losing interest/ being busy btw. I have completed this challenge with a small player and it's really fun and challenging. Definitely not too hard if you plan ahead ;)

Sounds unknown enough so maybe he is good for this challenge. You gotta sort of estimate his value won't rise too much by the time you need to bring him over to North France. It's the hardest part of the challenge getting him from Germany to France. Once in France it's a relatively smooth ride. Landing the PSG job could test your patience a bit but it's definitely doable.

Edited by BatiGoal
38 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I'm definitely going to try this!

I already know which player I'm going to use :-)

Awesome. Looking forward to more great careers on Vibe. I particularly love seeing the players you guys come up with for these challenges.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Awesome. Looking forward to more great careers on Vibe. I particularly love seeing the players you guys come up with for these challenges.

It's gonna be André Hahn. At 26 there's a lot of room for improvement for him, and it's and affordable player. These wonderkids are way to expensive. And I believe that Lille could easily wrap up the Hahn transfer.

The challenge generally takes 6-8 seasons. Be careful with his age, you don't want to be too close to 30 before you get the PSG job ;)

You're right about lots of youngsters tho, especially wonderkids, their price skyrockets and makes them unsuitable for many of such challenges.

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The challenge generally takes 6-8 seasons. Be careful with his age, you don't want to be too close to 30 before you get the PSG job ;)

You're right about lots of youngsters tho, especially wonderkids, their price skyrockets and makes them unsuitable for many of such challenges.

Oh, well thought!
Maybe I'll switch my target to a younger player.

I'm going to think about this. I'm also attempting a 1K goal atm, so I'll be running 2 challenges at the same time.