Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Sam v Ash 2 - A Unique Hammering

samhardy

1 hour ago, pipaz4 said:

Really nice challenge, and good start for both, but as always Team Ashez for the win!!

Welcome to the team, hopefully your faith isn't misplaced :) 

42 minutes ago, Taff said:

Just caught up and this is going to be my favourite thread of the year

TEAM ASHEZ ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Of the week then :P 

Update will be tomorrow :), tonight possibly but tomorrow is more likely :) 

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Terrible decision making above, clearly haven't seen the amount Ash let his fans down last time!

I still have faith in the Legend of Ashez

#TeamAshez4theWIN 

42 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

I hate you all! (apart from Sam, I like Sam) 

Can I remind you all that even I beat Ashez in a h2h :lol:

I learnt my lesson! I won't get cocky this time and throw it away! 

Ashez
An Unique Hammering
Season One
Part Two

It's Christmas Eve and i bring a gift to Vibe, however this update is just for my supporters! All you "Team Sam" members are on my naughty list so take your eyes away from the screen now! I mean it!

Oh okay you can continue reading but i'm not happy about it! My gift to you all is part two of my first season, i bring you Christmas joy but what's Sam offering his supporters? Pfft he may have the lead but i'm thinking about you guys, "Team Ashez" is a family, not a bunch of glory hunters! :P 

Now on with the show! 

Transfers

Spoiler

As i said in my previous update i was actually pretty disappointed with the starting squad so i took this opportunity to make some changes. The first sale of the window was a biggy! 

Out

v9Vlkd3.png

I wanted to keep Payet originally but he wasn't doing that much for me so the second the offer came in he was off. Valencia is a player i forgot i had as i had available only on so i missed him on my original overlook of the squad due to his loan to Everton, once i realised i had him he was just easy money. Noble might be a surprise sale but i found him basically useless as he's fairly injury prone and didn't bring much to the team with Bradley and Fellaini in midfield. 

hHOOaiy.png

Just clearing the squad of anyone i didn't intend to use. Carroll was a solid option and he won me a few games but again he's injury prone and the player i traded him for was going to be way more important. 

In

xchXOgX.png
dRGR2kl.png

Weigl came in to be my first choice DMC, i wasn't sure if i'd be able to pull off the deal but as he's on peanuts at Dortmund money talks! He originally would only sign with a BCRC but that was removed after a few months as he happily signed a new deal without the clause. Bernard however was the game changer as the Brazilian is one of my favourite players in the game and he would be a better suited option than Payet in my FL position and boy what a signing he turns out to be! Coentrao is a player i'm not a big fan off but he was an upgrade on the unhappy LB i sold and someone i hope i can make a return on next season when i can hopefully bring in a better backup option for Cresswell. Adam Smith is fast becoming one of my favourite right backs on 2017 as he has great stats for the role, i attempted to get him in the summer but at £11.5m i was unsure, being able to bring him in at a bargain price this window however would surely solidify my iffy defence. M'Villa was another cheap backup option who should be able to do a job and be sold if needed for a return on my investment. 

Season Review

Spoiler

6i6xgA1.png

Boom! A fantastic first season in my opinion!

League

XAsoJ4v.png

No idea why my history is bugged but as you can see we finished second in the league and we weren't too far off picking up the title, if it wasn't for one tough period we could have been champions! Our goalscoring turned into a decent tally after a poor start to the season but our defensive issues are still a massive worry, this is one area i'm looking to improve for next season. Europe is also confirmed for next season which is fantastic, slightly annoyed we missed the qualifier however, sure it's a risky approach but the extra games could be key! In my opinion it's win the league or get those extra games and we failed to do either!

The Tough Period

T4MoMt8.png

What a brutal run of games! It only gets worse next season however!

FA Cup

yv8iTZq.png

What a match! We took a quickfire lead and i thought it was in the bag until Cresswell let the side down! Chelsea pulled it level but they couldn't beat us in the shootout! 

Europa League

7H9mQNA.png

In one final we struggle to hold on while in the other we fight on to win! At 2-0 down i thought we'd blown it but a tactical switch to my standard 433 saw Zaza save us just in time while our hero Ninga got the job done! This was one intense fixture to watch!

Fixture List

Spoiler

KVDMIAs.png

A solid start to the new year

YIfsmQ2.png

Everything was perfect until the tough period began!

1Eo7fF4.png

The good form returns instantly! So frustrating!

KzyiibX.png

And of course we fly to the end of the season! That one dodgy patch out the blue just screwed us :@ 

Squad Information
Contains Goal Scored Spoiler

Spoiler

Appearances

mjZpEHk.png

You've got to love those high stamina players!

Assists

VPL3wED.png

A fantastic team effort

Average Rating

CyVeaZ1.png

See why i was in a rush to remove Weigl's BCRC! Monstrous signing! 

Goals

8NbftK8.png

The one main source but plenty from around the squad. 

Manager Information

Spoiler

DBYOA4w.png

Two major trophies and second in the league with only five mill investment, what's not to love. 

The Main Event

Now the club information is out the way let's see how well my two stars got on!

Michael Bradley

Stats

SR4fabP.png

A very tidy player indeed!

Results

OYCHx7s.png

He broke double figures which is all i can ask for really. 

Casimir Ninga

Stats

bRMqC2b.png

A beast :D 

Results

M0x5O50.png

50 total and 29 in the Premier League so nothing to moan about at all, just have to hope a chunk of those are unique!

The Uniqueness

The Midfielder

Michael Bradley

In the first half of the season all of Bradley's goals turned out unique which was a massive plus, are the goals he got in this half of the season also unique though?

Unique Goals

Tottenham
Partizan
Watford
Stoke
Shakhtar
Man United
Rostov
Burnley
Ajax
Man City
Total: 10

Ten out of the American's eleven goals were unique as team Ashez gains twenty points! A fantastic total in my opinion, it is safe to say however that an AMC could blow that out the water :/

The Striker

Casimir Ninga

The African striker bagged us 14 points from 23 goals in part one, hopefully he smashed part two! He managed to score 27 more goals but how many were unique?

Unique Goals

Partizan
Tottenham
Watford
Palace
Apol Limassol
Middlesborough
Sunderland
PAS Giannina
Chelsea
Man United
Shakhtar
Burnley
West Brom
Stoke City
Southampton
Swansea
Anderlecht
Leicester
Spartak Moscow
Rostov
Ajax
Hull
Man City
Fenerbahce
Total: 25

Only 11 of this half seasons total were unique! What a nightmare! This is rather crushing as he failed to make his goals count

Evidence

Spoiler

Just posting every goal from these two this half of the season, can't be bothered to sort them sorry :P 

i29NRuL.png
3OcUy3W.png
jcZaeHj.png
tH8QcSN.png
8vjzkdF.png

I49qAJE.png
sKrRTiD.png
odiJpdF.png
9u7IyQx.png
zsbbUNv.png

i4QbgMO.png
Cd6f09m.png
JnLrn2z.png
JTYyxt5.png
IoC8KUL.png

SKOI1mi.png
TZdgWmX.png
lVh9JX3.png
SDWMTz6.png
T1esE5w.png

End Of Season Total

We end season one on 45 points which isn't bad but is massively disappointing, we've played half a season more yet are only 13 points ahead of Sam, all he has to do is match what my striker achieved with his midfielder chipping in one or two and we're in trouble! All's not lost but things could be looking much better at this point! 

Leaderboard

Ashez - 45
Sam - 32

With that my first season is complete and i now just have to sit and wait to see what Sam comes up with! What do "Team Ashez" think about this performance? Any "Team Sam" members thinking about swapping teams? Or perhaps the unthinkable is possible and my members might jump ship?

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

Merry Christmas To All

Edited by Ashez
3 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Hahahaha! 

Sam is going to romp to a lead! 

Yay! 

We on about the same Sam? Not like he could take advantage last time ;)

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

I know it's Christmas but Ash has served up a present for team Sam. Sam should double this score at least....

Well that's my Xmas ruined :(:P 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

We on about the same Sam? Not like he could take advantage last time ;)

Well that's my Xmas ruined :(:P 

@samhardy don't listen to @Ashez he's played the sympathy card before and he will continue playing it.

Be the relentless person you've always been and ruin the man's X mas ;)

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Decent season @Ashez, hopefully you can stay in the lead. KIU

Hopefully! I'd take staying in touching distance at this point as 13 points is a small lead. When half my strikers goals were wasted and with a MC vs an AMC this could go horribly wrong haha. 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@samhardy don't listen to @Ashez he's played the sympathy card before and he will continue playing it.

Be the relentless person you've always been and ruin the man's X mas ;)

Nice, real nice :P 

See the type of fan Team Sam creates! At least my team is friendly hahaha. 

Sam v Ashez
An Unique Hammering
Season One
Part Two

After our first updates it was remarkable how similar the saves were with only slight differences here and there in each save (and the difference in quality of the two managers) and I held a slight lead. Now, Team Ashez seem delighted with their lead even though I have half a season in hand, so hopefully this update will send them crashing back down to earth!

Transfers

There is no screenshot below regarding transfers and there is a good reason accompanying that; no transfers were made in January. The same squad was kept together.

Half season review

Spoiler

XLZrls8l.jpg

A very nice season, unlucky in the Europa League final but unlike Ash we secured the extra games next season by finishing 4th ;)

League:

HwKgDUvl.jpg

Pretty good, had no consistency in the second half of the season really but I'm happy with the finish.

Europe:

QZhGORBl.jpg

Poor defeat on penalties!

League Cup:

We won the competition, seem to be missing the screenshot as it wasn't a unique goal for either player but we beat City in the final I believe.

Manager Profile

ec3BfNPl.jpg

Not too bad at all!

The main event
Lucas Lima
Results

26STViXl.jpg

The similarities continue! Once again remarkably similar with Lima only finding the net on one extra occasion than Bradley. It seems we both couldn't get the best out of our respective midfielders. 

The striker
Wissam Ben Yedder
Results

X4xkWXcl.jpg

This is where it gets interesting. Ben Yedder scores less goals from less appearances but what does this mean? Did he score more unique goals? Was he injured? Did he have a poor run? The unique goals will reveal below.

The unique goals 

Lima

Scored - 12
Unique - 11
Points - 22

Fairly average, but a 2 point advantage is important at this stage.

Unique goals:

Slovan Liberec

Southampton

Qarabag FC

Sunderland

Manchester United

Everton

Legia

Liverpool

Burnley

Feyenoord

Manchester City

The unique goals

Ben Yedder

Scored - 34
Unique - 28
Points - 28

Couldn't have done much more, only failed to scored against a handful of opponents! Every time he'd already scored against an opponent he wasn't played which explains his low amount of games played.

Unique goals:

RoPS

Levski

Everton

Tottenham

Watford

Slovan Liberec

Fulham

Stoke

Swansea

Qarabag FC

Southampton

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

Bournemouth

Middlesbrough

Burnley

West Brom

Hull

Manchester City

QPR

Leicester

Crystal Palace

Viktoria Plzen

Legia

Arsenal

Sunderland

Feyenoord

Evidence:

Spoiler

N0g7mvGl.jpg

VIa1l6yl.jpg

tSbbD7wl.jpg

clSEoPRl.jpg

neVwGBAl.jpg

1743GwPl.jpg

zqQKwKyl.jpg

kCiA3pil.jpg

tboMRsel.jpg

E34oNnOl.jpg

4wGRJYil.jpg
SJ9osPcl.jpg

Points total - 50

The gap stays around the same, not a big difference but a 5 point lead at this stage could prove crucial!

Leaderboard:

Sam - 50
Ashez - 45

It's amazing how similar these first seasons have been, only slight differences here and there. 

In privet I knew you were delighted with how your striker did so I was terrified when I saw his total. To score "so few" but to be so happy I knew you'd have to have scored plenty of unique goals and 28 is fantastic going! 

Only five points in this which could swing with an extra cup round or anything. I feel luck will definitely play a part in the final two seasons of the challenge. When I only pulled 13 in front it was a relief to see I ended up only 5 behind that's for sure! It's obviously enough to make "Team Sam" doubt it due to their quietness :P, Team Ashez will sing in defeat and with success ;) 

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Only five points in this which could swing with an extra cup round or anything. I feel luck will definitely play a part in the final two seasons of the challenge. When I only pulled 13 in front it was a relief to see I ended up only 5 behind that's for sure! It's obviously enough to make "Team Sam" doubt it due to their quietness :P, Team Ashez will sing in defeat and with success ;) 

They've got a lot of experience on that front :P

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

They've got a lot of experience on that front :P

The important part is they're still there ;). As a Sunderland fan you should know that :P