Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Sam v Ash 2 - A Unique Hammering

samhardy

Pretty obvious conclusion to season one. Well done Sam for getting in the holiday spirit and taking it easy on Ashez. Just doing enough to win whilst offering some hope to him for the next stage. 

7 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Fight me @Ashez. You're rubbish :/

Bless :D, you know I love your careers really! They were a key aspect of the peak career community here! 

4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Pretty obvious conclusion to season one. Well done Sam for getting in the holiday spirit and taking it easy on Ashez. Just doing enough to win whilst offering some hope to him for the next stage. 

Excuses, excuses :P 

Well done to both of you! I hate to take sides, but I'll have to join Team Ashez for fairly obvious reasons (if you check out my Supports badge). :)

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Well done to both of you! I hate to take sides, but I'll have to join Team Ashez for fairly obvious reasons (if you check out my Supports badge). :)

Welcome to the team! 

On 27/12/2559 at 19:52, Taff said:

I see Ashez smashing his way through season two

Great punchline to a previous post I must have missed. :laugh:

An Unique Hammering
Ashez
Season Two
Part One

From one holiday to another as today is New Year's Eve! Typically the most disappointing night of the year is here, sure we have fireworks and some have alcohol but when has NYE ever lived up to expectations? Which brings me nicely onto why you are all here! Sam currently has a five point advantage heading into season two so will my final update of the year live up to expectations? Or will it just be a typical NYE experience? Let's find out! 

Transfers

Spoiler

Out

ESpt5hN.png

Lanzini was a squad player at best so when the offer came in it only made sense to cash in and bring in a more suited player for my formation, i also decided to cash in on my previous star players Bradley and Ninga. I wanted to try and improve my defensive performance this season which led to me replacing my goalkeeper who didn't really impress and Byram left as he's a player i just don't rate in game. 

Wt5UKkj.png

Downsizing the squad

hMwstj2.png

Who'd we get from Porto and Arsenal?!

In

dJD2YNC.png
8fzZEjP.png

The focus was clearly our defensive issues as i spent big on three new defenders and a goalkeeper. Usually i'm fussy with what keepers i like to use but Allison looked decent so i decided to take the risk. The central defender brought in from Sporting was a steal while the LB was just an upgrade on Coentrao. Manquillo was brought in as a replacement for Byram and he soon became my first choice right back. Pereira came in to give me a more solid ball winning option in midfield while Walcott was added to the squad to give me another attacking option to Antonino who would hopefully add more of a goal threat on the right of my front three. 

My Chosen Two

The Striker
Anthony Koura

iTr0cAN.png

Finding two players within the price range this season was incredibly tough with Koura being like my fifth choice option! However you have to make do with what you've got and this African has fantastic finishing ability, solid movement and lightning pace, all great attributes for the Premier League. 

The Midfielder
Simon Gustafson

jp67zpD.png

The midfield options were even worse than the striking ones as i again struggled to find someone i was happy with, in the end i just took a punt on Gustafson as he seemed to have some potential. When my first bid went in it was rivaled by Liverpool which made me believe i made a decent call, if they wanted him he surely had to be decent at least?

Half Season
Review

Spoiler

SDGmHHX.png

League

JkfE52y.png

Similar issues to last season but just look at Man City! They've really decided not to mess around this season! We should have been in a better position but we had an awful spell which really knocked us out our stride

The Awful Period

h2WjFJk.png

What a harsh run of games! This end of year period has likely cost us a chance of the title as we just couldn't cope!

The Champions League

6x1LRVX.png

All going swimmingly.....We have Bayern in the first round :/

EFL Cup

LTW5ATS.png

Don't get cocky now!

European Super Cup

43CZKxQ.png

Some start!

Fixtures

Spoiler

7wM1VTn.png

We're struggling verse the big teams which is a worry, that Chelsea defeat came from nowhere!

YTnkQEQ.png

A nice and solid run

RyIwUFC.png

Still going well

EZfjKfK.png

Season falls apart out the blue

Manager Information

Spoiler

GRRcNvu.png

Squad Information
Contains Goals Scored Spoiler

Spoiler

World Player Of The Year

AgFpGU6.png

What a signing!

Goals

4gjOGDy.png

Not bad at all

Assists

TUIXojc.png

It's a team game!

AvR

7j96086.png

The Main Event

The Midfielder
Simon Gustafson
Stats

v4rWvlB.png

A nice improvement!

Results

Ob7SNLW.png

His results are excellent but he's an awful player! With results like those he should have a monstrous average rating but he doesn't as he loves a poor game! I don't think i've ever seen a player have so many 5/10 performances for next to no reason! He's been incredibly frustrating to use with the only upside being he's at least managed to score a decent amount. His first four or five league games were all 5/10 performances so i was terrified i'd massively ballsed up but he finally found some form later in the save, I assume he's just not up to top level play.

The Striker
Anthony Koura
Stats

XQJvwvi.png

Leathal! 

Results

REIfiMe.png

Very solid results but this does included a lot of padding, in particular a match vs Palace where he picked up five goals. Impressive for Premier League results but not ideal for this type of save. 

The Uniqueness Of Goals

Koura

Everton
Crystal Palace
Southampton
FC Porto
Krasnocar
Brighton
FC Kobenhavn
Watford
Man City
Swansea
Stoke
Tottenham
Chelsea
Total: 13

Once again we only hit around half our goals being unique with our striker only picking up 13 unique strikes from 25 goals.

Gustafson

Juventus
Leicester
Huddersfield
Norwich
Swansea
Total: 5

Thankfully Gustafson echoed Bradley's performances as he brought home five unique strikes from six goals equalling ten points (midfielder gets double points). 

Evidence

Spoiler

NpU5IRJ.png
i1FKrhf.png
QTR5gnD.png
4U5PdE9.png
NKB89BB.png

KmAVKEt.png
G6IjAbb.png
mzgl0si.png
I rested my striker match before this and i forgot to put him back in, so frustrating! 
Tk8Rgte.png
HmfY8H5.png

9vW9kXd.png
YtAbENu.png
usyyGvS.png
BI3Rg7R.png
7ojZImj.png

zREhFyz.png
WrXE3ya.png
YncGMCR.png
uMdb9BW.png

My Points
This Half Season: 23
Career Total: 68

Leaderboard
Ashez: 68
Sam: 50

Back in the lead with an 18 point cushion while we await Sam's update, the nerves return!

Hopefully this update has turned out okay, started doing it with a headache which has now turned into a migraine :@, only updated as i promised Sam i would, i'm good like that you see. 

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

Happy New Year Everyone

Happy New Year @Ashez

I bet you just did the update the end 2016 in the lead, haha! Your chosen Two look great tho. Bernard had an awesome half season as well. Good stuff, mate! Enjoy the lead while it lasts.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Happy New Year @Ashez

I bet you just did the update the end 2016 in the lead, haha! Your chosen Two look great tho. Bernard had an awesome half season as well. Good stuff, mate! Enjoy the lead while it lasts.

Happy New Year Bati :) 

Haha maybe I did :p, tbh that didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it but it's some place. As they say the person top the league at Xmas usually claims the prize :P 

5 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Meh. 

I favourite three letter combo is PSG followed by lol ;) 

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

Dito!

go Sam!!!

Rude! 

3 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Absolutely. 

Sampy new year! 

Typo or Scottish lingo?

10 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Decent first half of the season @Ashez, hopefully you can keep your lead, KIU. Btw Happy New Year

Let's hope so! Things could be postive as this update has stunned Sam into silence, or he's not been online, I like option one more ;) 

Happy New Year mate and everyone :) 

23 hours ago, Ashez said:

Happy New Year Bati :) 

Haha maybe I did :p, tbh that didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it but it's some place. As they say the person top the league at Xmas usually claims the prize :P 

I favourite three letter combo is PSG followed by lol ;) 

Rude! 

Typo or Scottish lingo?

Nope I tried to get 'Sam' into happy new year and that's the best I could get :laugh:

1 minute ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Nope I tried to get 'Sam' into happy new year and that's the best I could get :laugh:

Now you've said it it's all I can see haha, dunno how I didn't notice that originally! 

7 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Us squirrels are strange up here in Scotland. 

We all know that :P

Hope Sam likes he's new nickname of Sampy :D 

Sam v Ashez
An Unique Hammering
Season Two
Part One

A slight delay from my last update but hopefully that can all be forgotten now as I begin the second season of this challenge! Ash holds an 18 point lead after his update but I still felt I could surpass that, so let's see below what I managed to achieve in the first half of the second season.

Transfers

Spoiler

3YVNam9.png

GdURHR6.png

Fair to say a lot of transfers into the club in the summer :P A complete squad clear out and the business was mainly focused on defence and central midfield, obviously alongside the two chosen ones. The outgoings literally went onto a fourth page so no point in the screenshots but they totaled around £20M.

The chosen two:

ifLAJRt.png

I2w1aCJ.png

Not particularly happy with the striker as he was about my 4th choice, as Ash said it was hard looking for strikers but delighted with the midfielder who looks perfect for this challenge.

Half season review

Spoiler

iybhIN4.png

A9Kl9Ue.png

A bit of a mess in all honesty, the league form has been incredibly inconsistent, knocked out early in the EFL Cup and didn't even make it into the Champions League proper. However could this prove to be a blessing in disguise? Hopefully we don't get sacked and return the favour from last time :P 

Manager profile:

ItnIGud.png

The main event
Pape Alioune NDiaye
Results

wtxZtr3.png

A massive half season from the Senegal international! However we all know that the amount of goals aren't all that count here so how many of his goals were unique?

The striker
Willian Jose
Results

GA55L8L.png

8qg7LPA.png

An absolute disaster, he was doing absolutely abysmal before the two month injury which really took the biscuit, an incredibly frustrating player. Are the tides turning?

The unique goals 

NDiaye

Scored - 11
Unique - 10
Points - 20

Not too bad at all, the injury to Jose enabled me to focus more on NDiaye and he gave us a good return of 20 points which means he individually puts me back in the lead!

Unique goals:

Crystal Palace

FCP

Leicester

Lokomotiv Moscow

Hull

Middlesbrough

Omonia

Leeds

Swansea

Norwich

The unique goals

Jose

Scored - 9
Unique - 9
Points - 9

Some consolation in the fact that all his goals were unique. Scored 9, unique 9 and 9 points and it's certainly an emergency for Ash as we soar into the lead at the halfway point of the challenge.

Unique goals:

Crystal Palace

FCP

Chelsea

Burnley

Galatasaray

Watford

Arsenal

Swansea

Everton

Evidence:

Spoiler

VETjKi2.png

AVxaKey.png

NcFkQoq.png

dpD1XYi.png

ImtYPiD.png

aw7Y0b5.png

zHaKDt7.png

ftfYJAc.png

rb3nuEE.png

qjasroi.png

WgVBp4A.png

rIhkWSb.png

Cyf78FM.png

OqIY5JH.png

UP1rsnH.png

I0sl9Hg.png

Points total - 79

A huge half season for us as we finally take advantage of an underperforming Ash and find some light between us, an 11 point lead is extremely important at this stage in things as we have now officially reached the halfway mark. Thank you for reading and I hope my supporters have enjoyed this update, as I certainly have :D More good news for us too as Jose made his return from injury in the last game of December.

Leaderboard:

Sam - 79
Ashez - 68

Hit and miss Sam, hit and miss. That midfielder looks top draw, gutted he wasn't on my save haha. What league is he even from, don't recognise the name? What leagues you load even? Striker wise he was one I was looking at, good job I went with the pace of my striker I think. 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great recovery to a bumpy start, @samhardy!

Can an Ash supporter please give the good man @Ashez a white towel, please? Thank you!

:laugh:

We ain't hitting the showers until the end of season 3! Way things are going it could get very messy! Very messy indeed! 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

No Surender 

like the Phoenix Ashez will rise to the challenge

Like a the Liverbird!!