Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career My Best Ever Youth Graduate

My Best Ever Youth Academy Player

Gary Stewart 

With this player, I just knew he was going to be a star. Or at least had the potential to become one. Especially since I had never seen this comment from the coaching staff before.

IMG_0678.PNG  

A global superstar? Surely that's a bit much for a 17-year-old who just came up to the first team. Just imagine the pressure he would be feeling. When I saw his value and stats I soon understood what my assistant was talking about. I Immediately thought of a Steven Gerrard/Jordan Henderson type of player. Great passing, leadership, and not the most athletic player.

IMG_0689.PNG

End Of Year 3

I realize that this might be an odd way to go about updating his career, but the screenshots got corrupted so this is what we've got. Not quite the dream season he'd hoped for. But at least is wasn't as bad as his second season...Yikes. The 5 assists were crucial with him dropping 2 assists to Messi in the Fa Cup Final, and scoring his penalty during the shootout. Also getting an 8 rating in the Champions League final.IMG_0713.PNG

More to come on Gary's story tomorrow.IMG_0713.PNG

IMG_0714.PNG

Edited by Michael Juniel

The next Gerrard? (forget Henderson!) you're at Chelsea you should've said the next Lampard :) (despite that low stamina)

Looks awesome for a 17yo, hell even for a 22yo he would've looked awesome.

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

The next Gerrard? (forget Henderson!) you're at Chelsea you should've said the next Lampard :) (despite that low stamina)

Looks awesome for a 17yo, hell even for a 22yo he would've looked awesome.

Yep I'm looking forward to seeing him grow over time. Hopefully he becomes better that all three of those players!

3 minutes ago, Michael Juniel said:

Yep I'm looking forward to seeing him grow over time. Hopefully he becomes better that all three of those players!

Well, he already surpassed Henderson :P

Season 4

Being 19 years old, and being a first choice CAM over Kevin De Bruyne, the boss must see something positive in you. His beginning season stats were these.IMG_0714.PNG

Looking decent for a 19 year old. He started to get more starts in crucial games for the season and in the Champions League. Putting in good performances too and scoring big goals like this one against Barca.IMG_0720.PNG

Great moment for Gary but a not so good moment for him in the Champions Cup Semi Final.:'(IMG_0724.PNG

Surely it won't be crucial as Chelsea can pull through and beat Bayern at home.IMG_0725.PNG

On second thought maybe we did need that penalty... cmon Gary we need that iron nerve.

However, there were some major positives to take from this season. Winning the English Young Player Of The Year Award is a great achievement. Also finishing the season with contributions with these isn't half bad.IMG_0726.PNG

IMG_0727.PNG

A great season for Gary overall.Bringing his goals up by 7 and assists up by 12 being the assist leader for the BPL. Also bringing the yellow card tally down by 3. It looks like his great season helped him get called up for the 2022 World Cup, where he scored in a loss to my World Cup winning Ghana side.IMG_0729.PNG

IMG_0732.PNG

That wraps up season 4 for young Stewart and boy was it a great one. Hopefully he can continue his great play next year but we'll just have to wait and see.

IMG_0714.PNG

1 hour ago, veerus said:

Please keep showing screenshots of his player screen and the coach's report (one showing CA/PA) as he keeps growing.

That's a great idea. Never crossed my mind. Will do that in the next update.

I got a very similar player to him come through my youth academy, only difference being that he was Italian. It's nice to have some threads on here that aren't just moaning about the game, please continue doing regular updates :D

Season 5

Season 5 for Gary, will it be the breakout season he thoroughly needs. Or will it be another Gary standard season.The manager played Gary in a more attacking role this season. Who knows how it will work out.IMG_0742.PNG

Not very much technical growth, but the physical and mental growth is pleasing. Especially since he was so physically weak in the previous years. Not quite sure if those are world class stats though.IMG_0748.PNG

IMG_0747.PNG

IMG_0754.PNG

IMG_0755.PNG

It's obvious that Gary is a big game player scoring and assisting in rival games, Cup Finals, and Cup Semi-Finals. But when it comes to penalties, Neuer seems to have him under check. Gary lives for big games, scoring and assisting when it means the most.

IMG_0753.PNG

IMG_0758.PNG

IMG_0756.PNG

Those are the stats we like to see. The coach's report on Gary is spot on. The only down negative about his amazing growth is that he has become a more selfish player. With this spectacular growth his value has skyrocketed making him the 5th best player in the world.:O 

Some players might take that the wrong way. Some players would become cocky and their play would slowly get worse. But Gary took it completely right.IMG_0759.PNG

IMG_0752.PNG

Gary managed to increase his goal tally by 6, but also keeping his assist tally at 17. Also scoring 3 goals in 8 games for the Lions. That could be considered a breakout season if I've ever seen one. Stewart once again wins YPOTY as he's only 21. The future certainly is bright for Gary if he continues, but we'll just have to wait til' next season.

IMG_0743.PNG

Edited by Michael Juniel
Deleting excess pictures.

Interesting.. so at 21, he's already 5/5 on ability.  I would've assumed it would take him a couple more years to peak.  He's still young so stats should still go up a bit but he's much closer to his max than I thought he would be at this point.  Very curious to see what his ceiling will be.

What position do you play him in?  I assume AP?  The game calling him a DM C is very puzzling to me given his stats.

Just now, veerus said:

What kind of a training regime have you used on him during his development?

I've been using the physical training, general, and attacking regime. Switching off every month.

4 minutes ago, Michael Juniel said:

I've been using the physical training, general, and attacking regime. Switching off every month.

Can you be more precise?  I assume you mean physical = fitness is set to "intensive"?  General = "tactics"? 

It's interesting you switch them every month.  I usually pick a training regime and don't switch it at all.  Have you, or anyone else, found that switching trainings like this leads to better improvement rather than just keeping them on a single training schedule?

2 minutes ago, veerus said:

Can you be more precise?  I assume you mean physical = fitness is set to "intensive"?  General = "tactics"? 

It's interesting you switch them every month.  I usually pick a training regime and don't switch it at all.  Have you, or anyone else, found that switching trainings like this leads to better improvement rather than just keeping them on a single training schedule?

I got my precise training regime from the "Best Training Guide" also when I keep the same regime the other stats tend to decrease.