Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Improvements proving difficult

billy2shots

We all play this game differently but the one thing we all have in common is attempting to improve our players, squad and facilities. 

So far I'm finding most things a right pain and wanted to check with you guys if it was just a result of teams I have been using or if it's a more serious issue. 

1. Unable to retrain any player in my squad. This is a known issue but it's holding me back. 

2. Coaches. There are zero Gold 'General' coaches on my save. There are some on different saves but then coaches in other areas are missing. 

Not a nobleman I will improve my silver general coaches. Nope, not going to happen. 3 seasons in and differs coaches Fail their exams every 6 months meaning still zero gold generals. 

3. 3 seasons of overachieving winning trophies, making lots of money and buying quality players but the board always refuse to improve training facilities and youth facilities. 

4. I'm having difficulties loaning my potential young stars out. I rely on this to give the guys game time to help their development but I have been unable to get any loan deal agreed in 3 full seasons of offering  different players , 

These 4 areas are a big part of the way I like to manage but they are non existent for me so far in FMM17. I know 3 seasons is still fairly new in game time but it's a big change from 15 and 16. 

Anyone else struggling in these areas?

Edited by billy2shots

I agree with the facilities upgrade. My team has gone from Vanarama South to winning prem + major european trophies yet can't get facilities past Good. 

Staffing is obviously an issue stemming from this but I have very little gold natural also. 

Same problems here re Gold General Coaches. They either avoid me or are a myth. I'll have a look at my training facilities, not sure if I'm able to upgrade that. Was happy with it when I started the career and never bothered upgrading it. I know...rookie mistake!

Edit to the Op. 

I forget to mention my difficult in loaning out players. 

I'm having difficulties loaning my potential young stars out. I rely on this to give the guys game time to help their development but I have been unable to get any loan deal agreed in 3 full seasons of offering  different players , 

I know people love to constantly buy talent but a huge part of the game is nurturing those that we have. These issues really do spoil things for me at present. 

I have however only used a few clubs (few hundred players) so I accept it may just be 'some' teams. 

1. Yeah, I can't train my AMC and DMC in CM positions, yet they can train as right or left back for no fucking reason.

2. I don't use general coaches in my coach set up. So I'm clear there.

3. Strange, I'm already maxed for both at Liverpool in my 3rd season, no sugar daddy. Won premier league twice and reached Champions League semi and got knocked out by Real Madrid. Stadium capacity at 88k. That said, I did make like half a billion net transfer profit... might be worth mentioning if this is what the game takes into account.

4. It's way more difficult than last year. Outfield players are still bearably annoying, but goalkeepers are particularly annoying to loan out.

I can definitely feel you on #4, I've only been able to loan out 4 players in the space of 3 seasons. The worst part is that the clubs always offer a "to-buy" clause that is way lower than the actual player value.

On 12/16/2016 at 04:25, billy2shots said:

We all play this game differently but the one thing we all have in common is attempting to improve our players, squad and facilities. 

So far I'm finding most things a right pain and wanted to check with you guys if it was just a result of teams I have been using or if it's a more serious issue. 

1. Unable to retrain any player in my squad. This is a known issue but it's holding me back. 

2. Coaches. There are zero Gold 'General' coaches on my save. There are some on different saves but then coaches in other areas are missing. 

Not a nobleman I will improve my silver general coaches. Nope, not going to happen. 3 seasons in and differs coaches Fail their exams every 6 months meaning still zero gold generals. 

3. 3 seasons of overachieving winning trophies, making lots of money and buying quality players but the board always refuse to improve training facilities and youth facilities. 

4. I'm having difficulties loaning my potential young stars out. I rely on this to give the guys game time to help their development but I have been unable to get any loan deal agreed in 3 full seasons of offering  different players , 

These 4 areas are a big part of the way I like to manage but they are non existent for me so far in FMM17. I know 3 seasons is still fairly new in game time but it's a big change from 15 and 16. 

Anyone else struggling in these areas?

When loaning out young players I never offer to clubs. I did at first and got poor results so now I just loan list them and I get offers withing a week for all players listed.

Every player seems to have one totally random position in which they have minor aptitude to be retrained in, it's a bit issue. I've not had any issues with facilities, but I've not done any lower league saves yet. Loaning seems harder, and the AI favours 3 month loans now. This would be realistic if it were for young and unproven players, but I've tried loaning out more proven , experienced players and 3 month offers are more frequent with them.

I've played 3 seasons and so far have yet to come by any player that has a Poor aptitude to retraining. So far, if they do have a position to train in, it is Very Poor..and 3 years later of training it, there has been no improvement whatsoever. Retraining is a big part of tactical flexibility and sadly this year's release seems bugged in this respect.

Also, I've only managed 1 upgrade to Training Facility and 1 stadium upgrade in my 3 seasons as a lower league so can't comment on the board requests just yet. 

9 hours ago, Thirsk said:

I've played 3 seasons and so far have yet to come by any player that has a Poor aptitude to retraining. So far, if they do have a position to train in, it is Very Poor..and 3 years later of training it, there has been no improvement whatsoever. Retraining is a big part of tactical flexibility and sadly this year's release seems bugged in this respect.

Also, I've only managed 1 upgrade to Training Facility and 1 stadium upgrade in my 3 seasons as a lower league so can't comment on the board requests just yet. 

Do you find that their one position in which they are 'very poor' for retraining is always something odd? So for example if they are a striker the new position is something random like left back, or left wing for players that are currently centre backs etc.

Edited by Fish18ish
51 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Do you find that their one position in which they are 'very poor' for retraining is always something odd? So for example if they are a striker the new position is something random like left back, or left wing for players that are currently centre backs etc.

Yea I forgot to mention it's exactly as you say. It's always one "Very Poor" completely random position on the outfield that makes no sense whatsoever. 

3 hours ago, HalaDMV said:

Same problem with loaning out players, can barely get offers for youngsters or older players. Not even from lower league teams.

It does seem a bit of a struggle compared with previous series. 'Offering' does increase your chances a bit tho.