Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat How do you develop young players

Dar J

I just want to know how people go about developing young players like 16-17 years that are not ready for the first team because I not quite good at that unless they have good enough stats to play in the first team. I don't know if it's my method because what I tend to do is when the player comes through my youth system or I buy him if their physical stats are not good enough I tend to train them on fitness for the whole year and keep them in the reserve then I'm the second season if the stats improve I start training them normally then I look at sending them out on loan and this method seems slow or it doesn't even work not to talk about the fact that it's impossible to send some of the players out on loan

You gotta be patient with those young players. Unless they're some crazy regen superstars, it's going to take until they're 20-21 before they start to be really good.

I just pay attention to ones with high PA (and low CA) and make sure they're happy while training. As a rule, I only agree to loans where I think they'll get playing time. 

Just give it time and stockpile high PA guys and soon you'll have an academy the size of Chelsea's with plenty of young prospects. 

Also, make sure to keep the prospects in the reserve team where the game simulates reserve games to improve development. If they're in the main squad and aren't playing, they won't develop as quickly. 

8 minutes ago, veerus said:

You gotta be patient with those young players. Unless they're some crazy regen superstars, it's going to take until they're 20-21 before they start to be really good.

I just pay attention to ones with high PA (and low CA) and make sure they're happy while training. As a rule, I only agree to loans where I think they'll get playing time. 

Just give it time and stockpile high PA guys and soon you'll have an academy the size of Chelsea's with plenty of young prospects. 

Also, make sure to keep the prospects in the reserve team where the game simulates reserve games to improve development. If they're in the main squad and aren't playing, they won't develop as quickly. 

But how can I leave them in the reserves team because in English league they don't play any reserve games at all, so that doesn't apply to England

4 minutes ago, Pogba said:

But how can I leave them in the reserves team because in English league they don't play any reserve games at all, so that doesn't apply to England

The game simulates reserve games behind the scenes. If they are in the reserves, they get the benefit of "playing" in those games. 

47 minutes ago, veerus said:

Thanks for the advice 

Oh that's good guess I'll put the youngsters in the reserve team instead of sending them out on loans because sometimes they don't get the required game time needed.

yes I agree with you so probably a good method is to keep them in the reserve teams at age 15-17 and when they  are 18 if still needed (which they will) you can send them out on loans to continue their development.

I keep them in the reserves until they're about 18, and in that time I generally focus on training their physicals. I then give them a couple of loan spells until they are 19-20 and then look to integrate them into the first team. If they are available for a meaningless cup game, I do not hesitate to bring them on for a bit, regardless of their stage in progression. 

Of course if they are an absolute beast at an early age just ignore all that and play them.

18 hours ago, Dar J said:

I just want to know how people go about developing young players like 16-17 years that are not ready for the first team because I not quite good at that unless they have good enough stats to play in the first team. I don't know if it's my method because what I tend to do is when the player comes through my youth system or I buy him if their physical stats are not good enough I tend to train them on fitness for the whole year and keep them in the reserve then I'm the second season if the stats improve I start training them normally then I look at sending them out on loan and this method seems slow or it doesn't even work not to talk about the fact that it's impossible to send some of the players out on loan

i loan out the player who are 20-22 year old and im make sure they gonna be used as 1st player

i let them in reserve team in they are under 20 but if the stats better i sent them to loan

On 16/12/2016 at 19:47, Pogba said:

I just pay attention to ones with high PA (and low CA)

Could you please breakdown the meaning of high PA and low CA? Thanks!!

High PA means high potential ability (how good a player could be in the future) and there is no way you can see it unless you use the in game editor or the is iscout app so you have to trust your assistant on that while low CA is low current ability  (how good a player is now) and that you can judge yourself without relying on your assistant