Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help World Class Cm Ball Winners?

Callumgnc

Struggling to find a truly world class BWM who fits into the centre of midfield on my Leeds save. Using Thomas Delaney at the minute and he's been great, but just isn't quite good enough now I'm pushing to win the Champions League. Thought about using Franck Kessie here but his role traits and teamwork leave a lot to be desired. Any suggestions?

Mmmmm at the minute it's a toss-up between him and James McCarthy, truthfully I was looking for somebody more proven and seasoned. Gone are the days of De Rossi, De Jong, Mascherano etc!

Edit: Eric Dier is at Real Madrid on £200k p/w unfortunately.

Edited by Callumgnc

Done, Wanyama it shall be. Made a last ditch attempt to sign Kranevitter but he wouldn't sign, even when I offered him £180k p/w which was double what he was on at Atletico. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Edited by Callumgnc

I think it's evident that top teams don't really use simple ball winners, most likely because you don't need one if you keep all of the ball (which most big teams do).

I am interesting to know how your evaluate the BWM's performance?

What is the issue for your current BWM?

Rating? Stats of game? Team performance?

What is your expectation for world class BWM?

High decisions, aggression, tackling, strength, positioning and stamina. I also try to find somebody with good aerial and passing stats, though these are secondary. My BWM's always seem to struggle with ratings, I don't think I've had one average over 7.2 for a season over the last 2 or 3 versions of the game. Anybody else relate?

29 minutes ago, danieljp said:

This man has been an absolute machine in that role for me, chips in with a few goals too. Give him a go, he won't let you down! 

IMG_4808.PNG

He certainly looks the biz but he will be too old for my team as i am in season 25/26 and I probably couldn't afford him either. I will look out for him in the update.

51 minutes ago, slambo said:

He certainly looks the biz but he will be too old for my team as i am in season 25/26 and I probably couldn't afford him either. I will look out for him in the update.

Give him a go on your next save mate. He starts off at a much more reasonable price too, still fairly pricey but as you can see he ends up being absolutely superb. 

Thomas Delaney is pretty good, and I should imagine he's in for a winter upgrade after his good form and his January transfer to Werder Bremen.

Wow! Just bought and retrained him before you posted. I was going to use him as backup but after seeing that I'll have a rethink