Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Wine World Tour

BatiGoal

Welcome to..

AM27SHV.png

I've been thinking about this challenge for some time now and I think I came up with the final ingredient to make it fun and work at the same time. So I'm proud to present you the grape expedition, the vineyard tour, the wine-tasting challenge, the drunkards field trip, ..let's keep it clean and just refer to it as the WWT.

I don't want to complicate what can be really simple and fun so here it goes: You love your wine and you know your wine so you're going on a Wine World Tour. There's one little catch though, you may know your wine very well but you have zero geographical sense so you're going to need to hire a local guide (player) to do the "dirty work" for you: picking 100 grapes (scoring 100 goals) and guide you to your next country and vineyard (club) where another local guide is waiting for you to do some more grape-picking and so forth. Second catch, did I mention there was a second catch?, each guide can cost no more than 10M, that's all your sponsors are willing to fork out on you per every visited wine-producing country.

Since your sponsors are based in one of the the world's most commercially attractive and wine producing/exporting countries on the globe, your challenge is going to kick off in Australia. You then move on the Europe's finest in either Italy, France, Portugal and/or Spain. This is where I give you a little freedom to determine your route and eventual final destination for this challenge. There's 4 top European wine nations but you need to pick, and load, 3 after your main league Australia. Once you're done in Australia you're allowed to visit any of those 3 wine nations in no specific order, wherever your preferences lie or wherever a vineyeard becomes available for some more wine-tasting.

Remember, you need a new local guide (meaning same nationality as home nation) for every country to pick 100 grapes. You can either use a local guide that is already at the vineyard or hire/buy one for no more than 10M. Whether you opt for a guide exchange deal in order to get a much more valuable and qualified guide I don't care, as long as you spend no more than 10M on each local 100-grape-picking guide of yours, as per your sponsors' request.

Briefing:

• Load primary league Australia + sec. leagues France / Italy / Portugal / Spain
  • Kick off this Wine World Tour in Australia and have your local guide pick 100 grapes
  • Move on to European Wine Nation 1 and have your new local guide pick 100 grapes
  • Move on to European Wine Nation 2 and have your new local guide pick 100 grapes
  • Move on to European Wine Nation 3 and have your new local guide pick 100 grapes
  • NO unlockables, reloading, editors etc allowed
  • NO grey/fake players allowed, real players ONLY!
  • Post a career to be eligible for the leaderboard

Leaderboard

1. 420 pts. - Real_Random

2. 402 pts. - Taff

3. 402 pts. - Gonzolito

Edited by BatiGoal
13 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I like this challenge and will be doing it when I get a chance. Love moving about in careers.

Great. Looking forward to that.

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Interesting concept :) 

I hope it is. I think it's nice to drag Australia into a challenge, they very much deserve to be included in this one btw, and I personally love wine. So if no one attempts this one I will at some point. 

So I take it it made your maybe-list? :)

May I add a twist? 

There are four major wine types in Portugal:

1. Port Wine (from Porto)
  2. Vinho Verde ("Green wine" from green grapes, typical of the Douro region.
  3. Vinho Tinto (Red wine, typical from the Alentejo region - currently no team in either division, but might be promoted though - bonus points perhaps?)
  4. Madeira wine (from the island of Madeira)

You could include a Portugal Wine Tour in the challenge and set a challenge for each of the regions.

18 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

May I add a twist? 

There are four major wine types in Portugal:

1. Port Wine (from Porto)
  2. Vinho Verde ("Green wine" from green grapes, typical of the Douro region.
  3. Vinho Tinto (Red wine, typical from the Alentejo region - currently no team in either division, but might be promoted though - bonus points perhaps?)
  4. Madeira wine (from the island of Madeira)

You could include a Portugal Wine Tour in the challenge and set a challenge for each of the regions.

I have a Portuguese background, altho never lived there, so I know a little about wines :)

I was thinking about a challenge ending up (via Bordeaux) in Porto but also loved incorporating Australia in it as very few people play that league. 

But your idea is very nice. I think I'll make a Portugal Wine Tour soon. Even if it's just for us ;)

Edited by BatiGoal
3 hours ago, Archie Graveluth said:

You can do a lot of similar challenges like this:

1. World War 1
  2. World War 2
  3. Roman Empire
  4. Ottoman Empire

From a political point of view I wouldn't come near these but from a pure footballing point of view and the type of football / formations that were being used back in those days, in the early 1900s, maybe there's something there. Thanks for the suggestions!

On 21/12/2559 at 21:56, Mollers01 said:

Looking forward to seeing this. 

Same here.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

This will be my next challenge as soon as my DT/GaM one is over 

I'll be watching from the start.

11 minutes ago, Gonzolito said:

A little question here : I suppose international goals don't count, do they ?

No, they don't. Club goals only.

Leaderboard added to the OP.

Congrats @Taff and @Real_Random. There was no leaderboard when both of you embarked on this grape-journey and you guys coud've had way more than the minimum required 400, but it's still nice I think to receive well-deserved credit for your accomplishments. Cheers!

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Leaderboard added to the OP.

Congrats @Taff and @Real_Random. There was no leaderboard when both of you embarked on this grape-journey and you guys coud've had way more than the minimum required 400, but it's still nice I think to receive well-deserved credit for your accomplishments. Cheers!

I'm amazed both  @Taff and I barely scraped pass the minimum requirement. Btw this was a fantastic challenge and was my favourite career this year.

You guys simply did the obvious by moving to the next stage as soon as you hit the required 100 per stage. Your El Shaarawy got an extra 20 while waiting for stage 4 hence your higher total. But like any other challenge, the accomplishment is in completing it and making the leaderboard. So well done!!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

@Gonzolito you've been added to the Wine World Tour Leaderboard. Congratulations!

Thanks ! It's an honor to join the two names already on the leaderboard :S