Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Possession Tactic (EME)

pipaz4

POSSESSION TACTIC FOR LOWER LEAGUES.

906447d1411399654-what-tactic-should-i-u

Hello guys, today I bring you a solid tactic that I have used a lot with big teams but recently decided to try it with lower league teams and it's been working wonders, so without further ado, here it is.

Formation:

yr51an7j9w9zi9wzg.jpg

Instructions:

7q1jwifo819222bzg.jpg

So as you can see is a 4-3-2-1 formation and the team i've been managing is Darlington 1883 currently we're in Skybet League Two after 2 fast promotions in VNN and VNL.

The team:

Goalkeeper: I'm not a big fan of the SK so I used the normal goalkeeper role, not much to discuss here.

Fulbacks: because i'm managing lower leagues I don't really like to use wing backs not a lot of players with attributes for that role, so i always go with the more defensive minded fullback.

Center backs: i try to keep it simple here, a pair of central defenders, tackling, aerial and positioning are the key here.

Midfield: here we have the "trio" a DLP in the middle, all the plays goes by him he will average around 50-60 or even more passes per game, keep in mind a player with good passing, desicions, in fact these two attributes alongside movement and positioning are the most important for the 3 in the midfield, and as interior midfielders we have a CM and a BBM, like i said those 4 attributes i mentioned are the most importants, but for the CM you could use a bit of creativity and for the BBM stamina and tackling.

Wings: now here, currently i'm using a IF and a W because i have players that suit those roles, but if you have somebody that can play APM in the wing, do it, i have one for a season and he did wonders getting a lot of assists. The IF will provide a lot of goals and assists.

Forward: now for the striker role i recomend either a Poacher or a TM depending of what you have, shooting, decisions and movement are the key factor here.

Results:

Now i wish i took screenshots of the firsts 2 seasons but i dind't so the season history will do.

vdi70gpzmqop7uczg.jpg
p6wyszrcp32zl3vzg.jpg

And this is how the season is going in league two.

76igxlu32x2dkf0zg.jpg
foa3h6c72g8ffgqzg.jpg
71d7qqj9grag6dpzg.jpg

Also won the league with Valencia in the first season so it work wells with big clubs too.
rf1p9na3amtjiw2zg.jpg

Some games: this is for you to see what you can expect in terms of possession.

jrawrf3nlz4e17bzg.jpg
y3fphkm0qc0lk6zzg.jpg
xte271fedmeg7dpzg.jpg 

You will win the midfield battle in almost every game and that will give the front three plenty of opportunities to score.

Transfers targets: Now in this section i will give suggestions of some players i have found that work really great for this tactic, keep in mind this players are more oriented for lowers leagues (english 6 tier).

Goalkeepers:  James Belshaw from Tamworth realiable GK that you should easily buy.

Defenders: Warren Burrell from Harrogate really good player and a cheap one he is naturally a CM but can play in the CB role and has all the stats to do it.
Jordan Bentley from Plymouth a young CB that you can get on loan in the 1st season.
Kyle Howkins from West Brom and Alex Whitmore from Burnley on a free transfer these 2 young CB get realeased after the 1st season and if you get promoted in your 1st you should get them.

Midfielders: David Lynch from FC Halifax really nice player that can play in all 3 positions in the midfield.
Gary Thompson from Ballymena Utd really nice BBM and you can get him for a 4k fee only.
Josh Gillies from Darlington 1883 now this guy is a star in the lower leagues if you can get it he'll do de job.
Nathan Oduwa from Tottenham a player that gets release after the 1st season amazing player for lower leagues.

Forwards: James McLaughlin from Coleraine amazing striker with all the right attributes to play as a poacher really cheap too.
Flo Bojaj from Huddersfield another player that gets realeased after the 1st season if you can get him don't hesitate.

So what do you think, i decided to post it because there aren't a lot of tactics for lower leagues clubs, i hope this helps you and if you use the tactic don't forget to share the results.

Edited by pipaz4
Change the prefix

You explained the Tactic very well .. in details which makes wanna try this tactic ASAP. As well as you tested it in lower league where I liked always to manage. 

Big thanks 

3 hours ago, Pogba said:

good read bro and very good tactic I have on I'm currently working on for lower league management as well.

3 hours ago, larz0010 said:

It's nice to see tactics working well on the lower leagues and surely will test this out! Good read btw

1 hour ago, Sousa_XI said:

You explained the Tactic very well .. in details which makes wanna try this tactic ASAP. As well as you tested it in lower league where I liked always to manage. 

Big thanks 

50 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Good tactic, not had much luck so far with any I've tried so wil give it ago with afc fylde  cheers 

Thank you all for your nice words. I've added some transfers targets that you should try to use with this tactic, good players for lower leagues.

Fantastic post! This kind of writing effort is what made me switch from being a "plug and play" tactic seeker to reading about tactics and game philosophy. 

I've found short passing when you outnumber the midfield 3 to 2 to be extremely effective in games. Your passing numbers sometimes end up looking like you're Barcelona but that's a byproduct of the engine I suppose. 

Also works well in narrow 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations with passing thru the center. 

10 hours ago, Helio said:

Fantastic post! This kind of writing effort is what made me switch from being a "plug and play" tactic seeker to reading about tactics and game philosophy. 

Thank you for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, veerus said:

I've found short passing when you outnumber the midfield 3 to 2 to be extremely effective in games. Your passing numbers sometimes end up looking like you're Barcelona but that's a byproduct of the engine I suppose. 

Also works well in narrow 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations with passing thru the center. 

Yes, but to you also need the players to do it, high passing and desicion making are key, and it's a little bit difficult to make it work in the lower leagues giving there aren't a lot of players with those attributes.

I like the 3 midfield combination (CM+DLM+BBM) and also IF+ CM at left side and W+BBM at right side.

I use very familiar formation and role.

On 20/12/2016 at 21:10, rseven said:

I like the 3 midfield combination (CM+DLM+BBM) and also IF+ CM at left side and W+BBM at right side.

I use very familiar formation and role.

I decided to go with the CM because i'm not finding the APM very effective and this 3 in the middle are really good at keeping the ball.

58 minutes ago, pipaz4 said:

I decided to go with the CM because i'm not finding the APM very effective and this 3 in the middle are really good at keeping the ball.

CM is the best choice to keep possession. They use more short pass, less dribbling, less shot.

I'm using a similar tactic with great success for West Brom.  It's been very solid defensively for me.

I use the following midfield roles though: CM BWM AP.

The CM recycles possession behind the IF, the BWM sits deeper breaking up attacks and the AP moves into the hole in the AMC position.  I also use a WB down the left to provide width.

9 hours ago, Meestercat said:

I'm using a similar tactic with great success for West Brom.  It's been very solid defensively for me.

I use the following midfield roles though: CM BWM AP.

The CM recycles possession behind the IF, the BWM sits deeper breaking up attacks and the AP moves into the hole in the AMC position.  I also use a WB down the left to provide width.

How about the role of AMR?

Hi, I am using a similar tactic but it has been a little inconsistent, I notice that you do not define your primqary outlet or attacker which I do, what is the affect of the team on that do you know?

Cheers

I used both Howkins & Bentley in my Salford save. Will try the other players when I start a new lower league save, thanks for sharing.

work for Munich? 'cause i'm doubt with your mentality, u use balanced. and in other case, when i use balance, i always face with deadlock. it's make me very frustrated and disappointed.

On 3/1/2017 at 09:54, Ed said:

Hi, I am using a similar tactic but it has been a little inconsistent, I notice that you do not define your primqary outlet or attacker which I do, what is the affect of the team on that do you know?

Cheers

I try not to use those, try without setting primary outlets and attackers and see how it goes.

On 3/1/2017 at 13:42, Jack said:

I used both Howkins & Bentley in my Salford save. Will try the other players when I start a new lower league save, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment!

14 hours ago, Wildan Mubarroq said:

work for Munich? 'cause i'm doubt with your mentality, u use balanced. and in other case, when i use balance, i always face with deadlock. it's make me very frustrated and disappointed.

I try to use balance because when you use attacking you end up having a lot of shoots but not on target while playing balance make the team only shoot when there is a real opportunity. Try it and tell me how did it go.