Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career KTS and the Pride of Africa

kts365

Introduction

Having just finished with my back to the future challenge and my Rinus Michel Challenge on an indefinite hiatus (unable to obtain a national team job with on Europe), I decided to look to the challenges posted for FMM17 so far. I also decided not to do a shameless plug by doing my own challenges too. I settled on the "pride of a continent" challenge which I liked the look of due to the squad building aspect. 

This is the link to the challenge post

So for this attempt as you can see I have chosen Africa as my continent.

My team? I chose a rich club with minimal African players in league I have not played in before.

logo-psg-header.png

In all honesty I wanted to make this as easy as possible and I figured PSG wouldn't be a bad start. I do, however, want to win everything available. So that means the French league, both French cups, the french version of the super cup, the Europa League, the champions league, the European super cup and the club World cup.

Season 1

We have a big job on our hands building this squad as there is only really one African player in the squad and he's reserve quality at best. So after demoting everyone and selling whoever I could this is who was brought in.

Screenshot_20161222-151547.png

Screenshot_20161222-151632.png

Screenshot_20161222-151636.png

So you can see there is a vast range of players. Some were risks and I don't expect them all to work out.

I then brought in Mahrez in January after a few big sales.

Screenshot_20161223-000057.png

The Season

We begin our season by playing in the Trophee des Champions (French super cup)

Screenshot_20161226-003628.png

We begin with success, winning 2-1. Great start.

Next up is the french league cup of will catch you up at the quarter final stage where we met AS Nancy Lorraine

Screenshot_20161226-003524.png

We got through with a close result and went on to the semi-finals to meet that other rich French club AS Monaco.

Screenshot_20161226-003508.png

A win on penalties is enough to get us to the final against Lille.

Screenshot_20161226-003449.png

We finally managed to get the win in extra time to claim the league cup.

Next up is the French Cup again I will bring you in at the quarter final stage

Screenshot_20161226-003440.png

We defeat Nice despite them having the best of the game. This brought us to the semi-finals where we faced La Berichonne (?) a third tier team I believe. They've done well to get this far, time to destroy them!

Screenshot_20161226-003413.png

Erm...... hardly a destruction. They outplayed us for the entire first half, I'd go as far as to say they could have won had it not been for the red card. Phew. On to the final to face Nantes.

Screenshot_20161226-003345.png

We dominate the game and come out 3-0 winners to claim the cup.

So having swept up 3 French cups which is expected for a the big rich PSG team we see how we did in the league.

Screenshot_20161226-003227.png

All considered I think this was a poor showing. I'd like to blame this on the fact that I had forgotten about the African cup of nations and had a 6 player squad buy really I can't as this was that period.

Screenshot_20161226-003515.png

Whilst I was trashed by Monaco there were only 3 losses in that month. The team and I had a really bad November-December period which contributed to the league failure. 

Finally we have our champions league run......which was non-existent. We crashed out of the group stage in third place. For whatever reason I just couldn't get the team firing on all cylinders for those games. I'll mark it as a learning experience and try better next time. 

This did afford us a crack at the Europa League though (I wish it were deliberately done), which is very handy as we need this under our belts to win everything. So how'd it go?

Well we got through the early knockouts with some ease then met our first decent team, Roma, in the quarter finals.

Screenshot_20161226-003426.png

Leg 1 down we didn't see the better of the game and only managed a home draw.

Screenshot_20161226-003419.png

Second leg went decidedly better with a 3-1 win. On to the semi-finals. Our opponents are giants of the game. Manchester United.

Screenshot_20161226-003402.png

They take their home leg with a 1-0 win. No away goals for us.

Screenshot_20161226-003357.png

Leg 2 goes rather differently as we take down the Red Devils 3-0 and move our way on to the final. We face........ Manchester City. Battle of the budgets!

Screenshot_20161226-003351.png

A boring game where we were saved by a reasonably late penalty and we took the cup.

Our players didn't do badly either.

Screenshot_20161226-003324.png

Screenshot_20161226-002723.png

Screenshot_20161226-002719.png

So a decently successful season leaving 4 things still to win, the champions league, ligue 1, the European super cup and the club World cup. Fingers crossed for next year

18 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great start mate . Those players are looking good even though they may not be the best irl. KIU

Thanks man. They did do pretty well in the end

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fantastic start everything considered :) 

Thanks. I'm liking the challenge