Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
62Tuffy

Big Club Bargains

These players on this list are meant to showcase transfers that may pay off massively in the future. While they may seem expensive when they happen, the player's values will almost always balloon in the coming seasons. This list is in no particular order, except for the last entry.

ROMELU LUKAKU

IMG_1654.PNGIMG_1653.PNG

$36 million may seem like a lot for a club like AC Milan, as that's almost their whole budget in the first season. But the production level is very easy to see, and his value will increase by about $20 million by the end of the season if he doesn't get injured. And at 23 years old at the beginning of the save, he has the potential to stay with the club for almost a decade.

SANTI MINA

IMG_1647.PNGIMG_1646.PNG

The young, versatile, and cheap Spanish attacker is perfect for any team. He can play on either wing, as well as up front. And with a relatively inexpensive price tag of around $22 million, and a 4.5 star potential, what more can you ask for in an impact sub?

MAURO ICARDI

IMG_1657.PNGIMG_1656.PNG

Mauro Icardi is a common signing for me in FMM 17 due to his talent, age, and low price. I've gotten Icardi for as low as $33.5 million, but in this save, his value grew to $84 million by the end of the January transfer window. With 9 goals and 6 assists in 23 appearances (mostly appearing as a substitute) as well as the amazing profit of over $40 million, this man is a must-buy for a bigger club if you can get him for under $35 million. And to get the best out of him, you should give him regular first team football to increase his value and give your team great success

RENATO SANCHES

IMG_1660.PNGIMG_1661.PNG

Wonderkids, wonderkids, wonderkids. They dominate the forums and dominate the game itself. And the great thing about them is that they can either succeed and be amazing players, or fail to blossom into anything special (looking at you, Freddy Adu). This looked to be the case for Renato Sanches in the year 2019. Transfer listed by Bayern, I decided to give him a shot. And at only $28 million, he's a steal compared to what you may have to pay for him earlier on in the save. At 22 in 2019, he still has room to grow, and with the proper gametime, he can grow into someone worth over $100 million.

VACLAV CERNY

IMG_1659.PNGIMG_1658.PNG

I saved this one for last because it may be one of my best transfers so far. I have seen Cerny's value get to as high as $50 million, and to pick him up for $4.7 million in 2018 is insane. It's the reason that I check the transfer list every few weeks. You never know what kind of gem you may pick up. His stats since his signing may not look great, but he led the team with 10 assists and only played half of the season. He's an assist machine that can play on both sides, and he's great if you can get him for this cheap. 

There's a long list of 'cheap' topclass youngsters who double/triple in value after buying-playing them: Laporte(22), Barbosa(19), Asensio(20), Volland(24), Berardi(20) to name a few. But once listed their value drops so what's the point?

I don't really care what they're worth after buying as I don't intend to make a profit out of them anyway. That's one of the reasons I add 50% re-sell clause since I don't intend to sell and keeps the buying price slightly lower. As long as they're quality, and once older I keep a large majority of them in the squad as subs until retirement.

Bernadeschi was excellent when I signed him from Fiorentina, cost me around £25M and his value was well over £40M at the end of the season.

47 minutes ago, Jack said:

Bernadeschi was excellent when I signed him from Fiorentina, cost me around £25M and his value was well over £40M at the end of the season.

He's a good one too, although he always has a few clubs bidding for him whenever I try to sign him, which raises his price. 

Edited by 62Tuffy

Juan Cazares is a player I buy in almost every save, you can pick him up for as little as £2.2M and his value on my Leeds save is at £28M. I can't remember ever selling him - PLD 42, GLS 27, AST 33 in his last season tells you why!