Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dar J

How to get as much as you can from player sales

Transfer-Latest-800x600_1533004.jpeg

When people pick a team to start a save , the first thing they do after looking at their squad is dive into the transfer market and start buying/selling their players. 
I’m not here to tell you how to do that, however I’m here to tell you how to make as much as you can from selling your players, so without further ado let’s see how to do it.

•    First, don’t transfer list the players you’re trying to sell because putting them in the transfer list would lower their value and the AI would come in with ridiculous bids because they feel you don’t need those players and you’re trying just to get rid of them. Transfer listing them also lowers their morale.
•    Secondly, if there’s a player you are sure that would never play in your team and he still has a couple of years left in his contract send him out on loan if you’re struggling to sell him because if he does well he would maintain his value while if you leave him in the team without playing him his value and moral would decrease. When he comes back from loan you can start offering him out again and hopefully someone would come in with a bid.
•    Last but not least, there is no better way to sell a player for more than his value than engaging various clubs in a bidding war. To do this offer the player out and set the asking price to half his value and see the number of clubs interested then wait for a bid or ask for less or even offer him for free to catch the eyes of the club’s interested then start negotiating from there.

These are the methods I use to get as much as I can when I’m selling my players and they won’t work always but they are worth trying. 
Another way to get the most from a player is selling him after a cracking season. This could be difficult and risky so I recommend you do it for players that have passed ore are passing their peak.  For example you have a 30 years old and he’s the best you’ve got and in 1 season he ends up scoring 50 goals in 40 games. Offer him out and you could even ask for more than his value because after a season like that someone may be willing to buy him and his 30 he’s not going to get better and he could decline after that season so if you hesitate to sell him you may not get as much as you expect if you sell him later.
Another thing to watch out for is when you offer out a player and a news comes in saying “according to the agent of X player Y team are willing to pay Z amount for his transfer”. It’s not exactly like this but it gives you an Idea of much the club is willing to pay for the player so pay attention when you’re negotiating. 

Thanks for reading and I hope I’ve helped someone who’s struggling to with selling players especially people who are new to the game.

Hi mate, thanks for posting this and I am sure it will be of benefit to many.  It is tough to sell players and I rarely get anywhere near a players valuation when trying to sell players.

IMO selling players is too difficult in the game and it makes it extremely difficult when you are lower league clubs.

Good write up though mate and you have definitely covered all relevant points.

This year it's difficult to sell old players and players on too much money.

I still have Rooney in my United save after 3 seasons because nobody wants him even if I offered him out for free and it costs a lot to release him 

I dont know why i can not sell best scorer of the Serie A for minimum 30m.

He's tweice in row best scorer, and he is only worth about 10-14m. 

He can be bad and have a bad attributes and ability, but if he is a best scorer in Italy in small club he must be worth more, much more, and i think that bigger clubs must battle for him, not to i must set his value for offer clubs and strugle to sell him.

Same for best asistent.

Why i can not sell "one season player" for 50m who play good in my team but he is bad in reality.

We seen that always in real life.

(Sterling and others)

That is big mistake in game for me.

P.s. sorry for my english.

19 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Try offering them for free and see if someone comes in with a bid

That is something like bug.

I dont wanna offering him for free, i want to one of the bigger club send me a big offer for best scorer of the year with big bid

Yeah! 

Because of that, for me this game looks unrealistic a little bit ?.

Player can win in my squad prise of the best player of the year, but he will worth 20-30m. men i can t sell him, where is that offer from city,barca,real,psg,...or i need to make first step? ?

43 minutes ago, devito said:

Yeah! 

Because of that, for me this game looks unrealistic a little bit ?.

Player can win in my squad prise of the best player of the year, but he will worth 20-30m. men i can t sell him, where is that offer from city,barca,real,psg,...or i need to make first step? ?

If you have any instances of this can you send an email to marc.vaughan@sigames.com with your save game please. Thanks.

On 28/12/2016 at 00:01, devito said:

That is something like bug.

I dont wanna offering him for free, i want to one of the bigger club send me a big offer for best scorer of the year with big bid

Yeah it could be (bug)...i used to do exactly as such (Offer to Clubs, then put the price at 0) in previous version of FMs and i thought it has already been sorted by dev...apparently not...

Nowadays i simply put the price at 1k....and offer will come through according to the player's value (plus minus few million), not that 1k i initially offered...

I realized also, offer will come less often (almost to none) when your club reputation were at "Worldwide" as to when the club was at Local, Regional, National or Top Division

This is something I definitely struggle with. What I normally end up doing is never choosing the players I want to sell as neither starting eleven nor subs. They either become unhappy and want to leave the club or stay happy at the club and never get an offer for them. Neither way I get good money from those players.