Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 442 Diamond for Lower League (EME)

For ages i've been trying to find a good lower league tactic and struggle with inconsistensy until i came across this little beauty. I have chosen Cowdenbeath in the lowest Scottish division as the players arent the greatest. I went with a diamond 442 formation which suited the players at the club and had to utilise the free market as funds were a bit low. You wont win every game 4-0 5-0 but it doesnt concede lots of goals and in most games you do score 2 or 3.

The first season got off to a flyer (dont have results screen shot as now in second season) with me beating Rangers 4-0 in my first competitive game. I went through the league season unbeaten and lost in the Scottish cup quarter final to Celtic (got demolished 5-1 and never stood a chance). There was also a few cup giant killings in the mix with a few championship teams falling.

I have went for balanced mentality with a focus on central passing. Steven Ross who i picked up on a free was star of the season. Along with a loan player from hearts they ripped up the division.

I have only tested with Cowdenbeath and have attached my first season and start of my second. The plan now is to test with an english lower league team. The screen shot below has Villa so i do plan a save with them to see how it works. Any feed back or tweaks are welcomed!

Formation.PNG

Tactics.PNG

Current season.PNG

Player.PNG

Season overview.PNG

It does look good indeed..on paper :) I like the diamond BWM-CM-DLP-AP. If occupied with the proper players I think you have a good base here.

The ai keeps using this against me so I am going to give it a try. I have a 3rd Division French team and am also manager of Ghana and am looking for a tactic against higher powered teams.