Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Manager Of The Month / Year Unattainable?

Salvar

I just finished a spectacular first season with Brighton in the Championship, winning the league with 112 points, 35 points ahead of second place, and generally dominating all aspects of the competition. Lost only two matches, had Player of the Year, both top and second best goalscorers are on my team, etc.

I was never selected Manager of the Month. Not once. And of course Manager of the Year went to third place Wolves instead of the record-breaking Brighton. I wasn't even in second place, that one went to 6th place Blackburn. Are human players not eligible for these awards?

IMG_3861.PNG

IMG_3862.PNG

Although... you can actually win it, you just have to do better! ;)

I've won Manager of the Year a few times, but it was only when I went the season without being beaten, won the league by 50 points and had something like 115 goals for and 15 against. Anything less than that and someone else would win it. Tough judges! 

Hope it's fixed soon. 

I've won both fairly regularly. I think it might have too much weight on expectations - Brighton would expect to be promoted, Wolves wouldn't, so the latter is seen as a bigger achievement. There may also be a weight given to cup upsets. 

8 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Although... you can actually win it, you just have to do better! ;)

I've won Manager of the Year a few times, but it was only when I went the season without being beaten, won the league by 50 points and had something like 115 goals for and 15 against. Anything less than that and someone else would win it. Tough judges! 

Hope it's fixed soon. 

Bet that was an awesome season...Nearest I have come to that is winning the Premier League by 30 points, although I was lowest scoring team in the top half, also with the lowest conceded.

I have seen some crazy Manager and Player Awards

I have won a few MOTM awards in the Top 5 Tiers in England and 2 MOTY (League 2 and Championship).

I have currently won the Premier League and Champions League Twice, 2 UEFA Super Cups and the World Club Championship, yet never won Premier League MOTY.

As for players, I managed to sign Neymar during a Winter Transfer Window, he POTM after only 45 minutes of game time for me

3 hours ago, marxistafozzski said:

Bet that was an awesome season...Nearest I have come to that is winning the Premier League by 30 points, although I was lowest scoring team in the top half, also with the lowest conceded.

I was playing Celtic, but this was after 7 or 8 season and the team was supercharged with top players etc by then. No one in Scotland had any chance whatsoever. But I didn't win the award when we won the league by 46 points... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Pete123 said:

I've won both fairly regularly. I think it might have too much weight on expectations - Brighton would expect to be promoted, Wolves wouldn't, so the latter is seen as a bigger achievement. There may also be a weight given to cup upsets. 

Yeah, I went back and looked and I won it the first two years, when it was still possible for someone other than Celtic to win the league. Once the team improved, it stopped giving them to be because *of course* we'd win the league. But it gave it to me again when we got good enough to go through the season unbeaten and win the league by 50 points. I guess it decided that was even better than expected...

Exactly - it should be hard to win, and with all due respect, winning the league with Brighton isn't exactly a footballing miracle.

In real life, the likes of Pulis, Redknapp, Pardew, Moyes, and George Burley have all won it ahead of managers who actually won the league. Maybe it also puts weight on nationality or media skills!

Hi Mate, I agree with you it is incredibly difficult.  It can be done however!

It just takes a footballing miracle!

PS - I never won a monthly award!

image.png

image.png

It's the player of the month award that wet to my sub GK who played 5 mins at the end of one game, no touches of the ball and a 7 rating that gets me.

3 hours ago, le3ky said:

It's the player of the month award that wet to my sub GK who played 5 mins at the end of one game, no touches of the ball and a 7 rating that gets me.

Same here. A player from my team that did not play asingle minute during the month got the award once... I restarded my save and another player got the award, he had awful rates...

Same here lol. My players played really well but didn't get player of the month, but some player who didn't play a single minutes got the award :laugh::laugh::laugh: